Tarot and the Law of Attraction

sunflowr

For those of you into the Law of Attraction: How do you use tarot in conjunction with it? What happens if you do a reading on something you're trying to manifest, and the reading doesn't turn out well? How do you deal with the more neagative cards and images? And lastly, are there tarot decks that might work better than others to be more in harmony with LOA?

rwcarter

I would think that negative cards and images would suggest things you need to work through in order manifest whatever you're trying to manifest. So the Tower might suggest that you need to experience some kind of breakthrough before your manifestation can take place. The Devil might indicate you need to let something go. Death might suggest you need to experience some kind of transformation.

As for a particular deck to work better with the LOA, I have no idea.

Rodney

Grizabella

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about this, but wouldn't the NOVT be the one to work with to work with LOA? That's just my uneducated guess.

berrieh

I think you first accept that there are no negative cards. There are lessons and there are rewards. Sometimes, if you ignore the lessons, there are penalties...but that's always your choice. Thinking pretty is lovely, but it's not enough to activate the Universe. Positive beliefs need to be coupled with constructive, positive action, and that's what those so-called "negative" (or challenge) cards can bring you.

Grizabella said:
I'm not terribly knowledgeable about this, but wouldn't the NOVT be the one to work with to work with LOA? That's just my uneducated guess.

I think she meant Law of Attraction (whole concept behind books like The Secret)...not loa. (Though maybe not.)

I wouldn't work with the loa unless you're very well-schooled in Voodou.
Supposedly, we wall work with the LoA (Law of Attraction) everyday.

lark

Ester an Jerry Hicks have actually developed a few card decks that are made for manifestation work.
Ask and it is Given is one of them...
http://www.amazon.com/Ask-Given-Car...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212862548&sr=1-4
They have a few others, do a search under their name on Amazon and they should come up.
I used to have Ask and it is Given ...nice deck, but someone really needed it so I gave it to them...I usually do manifestation work with my Angel Blessing cards....but the Hicks decks are very good for it too and the art is great and the cards are nice and sturdy...good printing quality.

Sinduction

It isn't necessary to do an actual reading. Simply taking a card, or cards, that are representative of what you're trying to manifest and meditating daily on them is all you need to do.

You can also looking into spell casting using tarot cards, leave out the incantations to the God and Goddess and it's the same thing.

The most important part of the meditation or spell casting is to let yourself vividly imagine that you already have what it is that you want and experiencing it as if it already exists.

Hope that helps. :D

avalonian

I would treat cards that appeared to be negative as bringing to my attention attitudes or behaviours that were blocking or interfering with my ability to attract what I wanted. Or showing me the things that are doing me no good that I need to move away from.

In the Esther and Jerry Hicks material it does cover the question of "why is everything not always wonderful?" The answer they give is that if you always had exactly what you wanted, for example a buffet where all the food was your favourite food and there was nothing that you disliked, you would never notice any improvement in what you ate. So I think that the "negative" cards are needed so that when you get the positive ones you notice the improvement.

A deck that I find works well for me with the concepts of the Law of Attraction is the Songs for The Journey Home as it seems to be very much a deck aimed at self-discovery. Another that springs to mind is Rachel Pollack's Shining Tribe Tarot.

I think the Tarot and the Law of Attraction can work really well together as they are both tools to help us on our journey through life.

Abrac

sunflowr said:
For those of you into the Law of Attraction: How do you use tarot in conjunction with it? What happens if you do a reading on something you're trying to manifest, and the reading doesn't turn out well? How do you deal with the more neagative cards and images?
I think the Tarot can be helpful in activating the LoA if it helps you to activate your own imagination, which is what really activates the LoA in the first place. In my way of thinking, if you are trying to activate the LoA, the time for any and all readings is beforehand. It might be better not to do a reading on something you are working on manifesting; it could interupt your concentration. As you alluded to, the reading, rather than helping, might create doubt or anxiety and your concentration is gone; then you have to start from scratch. I think it's always best to view things as berrieh has suggested, but even so, if you do a reading after you have started your working there is the possiblity of something popping up that will throw you off course. As the old saying goes, 'measure twice, cut once.' :)

Grizabella

berrieh said:
I think she meant Law of Attraction (whole concept behind books like The Secret)...not loa. (Though maybe not.)

I wouldn't work with the loa unless you're very well-schooled in Voodou.
Supposedly, we wall work with the LoA (Law of Attraction) everyday.

Sorry------I'm so dumb. :rolleyes:

sunflowr

Thanks everyone for your feedback. And I found a great book at a used bookstore tonight. Called "Tarot For Yourself". I am betting this is a perfect book for me. :)

And yes.. if I get questionable cards, I think it means there are issues I need to work on. A great way to gauge how the manifestations are going and what resistance (if any) I may be projecting.

I do have the 2 Jerry and Esther Hicks decks .. "Ask and it is Given" and "The Law of Attraction cards". I love them.