Where do I Start?? Chakra and Crystal question

queenmil

I am so new to all of this. But I have been drawn to stones and such lately. I have read a little on chakras. But I jusst feel kinda overwhelemd. I don't know where to start and what to do. I don't knwo why but a month or so ago I bought some stones at a lil store. I put them in abag and I carry it in my wallet. I have a purple one,blueish one,white one,yellow one and a turqoise one. Now don't ask why I have those. They just jumped at me like I had to have them. So I did. But I amconfused very confused....LOL

Sophie

Ah, I so understand - so much, too much, overwhelming information, and all those stones and their powerful energies shaking up your life...

My advice? keep it simple at first. You can do it one of several ways. Buy 7 stones of colours that fit the 7 chakras, and work with them, together and separately. You can also - if you know how - do a chakra diagnosis and find out which one(s) need most attention, and work with stones that fit those. Or you could go the wholly intuitive way - which is probably what you'll end up doing anyway once you know your stones and chakras well - go for the stones that draw you most, and work with the corresponding chakras. It's useful, sometimes, to work with just one, at most two, if that's the chakra that needs attention. Your intuitive feel for stones will tell you which. For instance, you might find yourself strongly drawn to yellow stones, and you'll know you have to work with the 3rd chakra. Wear them, play with them, lay them on your third chakra, hold them, programme them.

It's a lifelong discovery, but it gets easier with time, though the passion never wanes, once it's bitten you ;)

queenmil

Are there any good learning websites or reading I can start with. I do not knwo why I picked up the ones I have but I did. Do those colors mean anything?

mysticmanth

On my site i have a crystals page along with meanings of the crystals if that is any help to you.
www.freewebs.com/mysticmanth

Crystals are great i think, i have recently become interested with them and i love them. xxx

Sophie

queenmil said:
Are there any good learning websites or reading I can start with. I do not knwo why I picked up the ones I have but I did. Do those colors mean anything?
I would start with Judy Hall's The Crystal Bible. It's very informative, has tons of stones, and all the crystal-chakra correspondences you need as a beginner.

But as a quick and easy guide to associate colours of crystals and chakras, with the body parts and psychological associations:

Red, black, brown - Root chakra - rectum/anus - grounding, tribal affiliation, link to the earth, general material stuff, security.

Orange - Sacral chakra - genitals - close relationships, power over others, creativity, power over money (or lack of it), integrity towards others.

Yellow - Solar plexus chakra - solar plexus/pancreas/stomach - self, direction, power over self, personal integrity, "to thine own self be true".

Green and Pink - Heart chakra - heart/thymus - heart centre, love centre, compassion, forgiveness, vulnerability.

Light blue - throat chakra - throat/thyroid/parathyroids - expression, will, willpower; linked to the sacral chakra because it expresses the creativity that is formed there; listening and speaking - communication - again linked with the sacral chakra because communication is a two-way sport.

Indigo blue - third eye chakra - eyes/brain/pituitary gland/hypothalamus - this is the mental chakra, meant to energise truth, seeing clearly (including what can't be seen by physical eyes - hence the "third eye") and overcome illusion, the chakra of intelligence, knowledge - and at its highest, wisdom.

Violet and white - crown chakra - pineal gland, skull opening. It's our link to the invisible, to the divine, to God/dess. As long as it's opens, the unlimited divine pours in. But it can only be interpreted by us limited humans if the 6th (third eye) chakra is functioning well, because that's the chakra that interprets divine messages in human terms.

White has been traditionally associated with the crown chakra, but there is an eighth chakra, above the head but in the auric field, which is more properly associated with white - or rather, golden white. That's probably the white meditators see when they reach the crown, because by then, the eighth, just above, is shining brightly.

So - you can associate stones of these colours to those chakras that need work, or all of them, since a good balance is always handy! For instance, if you have regular money problems and fears, you can work with the root and the sacral chakras, but associate the third (solar plexus) chakra in order to strengthen your personal resolve.

There are many books about chakras, and any work with chakras can be assoicated with stones.

queenmil

Thanks so much for all the information. I can't wait to get started.

So do you think there is any reason why I was drawn to the stones I got???

Sophie

You might need to work on the chakras associated with the colours of the stones you were attracted to (e.g if you are attracted to light blue stones, work on your throad chakra), or on the specific quality a stone is associated with (e.g. citrine is associated with vitality, prosperity, uplift, concentration, balances blood sugar levels, good for convalescence). Let the stones lead you. Hold them, get to know them and the way they work, make friends with them, let their subtle vibrations guide you.

Cerulean

The colors are probably key....

You said:
I have a purple one,bluish one,white one,yellow one and a turquoise one. Now don't ask why I have those. They just jumped at me like I had to have them. So I did....

Cerulean replies,

You might enjoy just looking at the colors. They feel right to you.

I started studying color and meanings and associations when I first started enjoying creative topics. I found other definitions of what the colors could mean or might remind me about...For instance, turquoise was a beautiful combination of green and blue and I found that I loved turquoise as a stone during that time... it could be bright, pale, dark or soft-- I choose that as a favorite color to enjoy both blue and green.

Incidently, since some people like to associate colors and chakras, you can go through the various links to check which colors seem attractive or match to what energetic chakra...and then you can decide if associating such meanings to the colors you picked are right for you.

I'd say you already started just to find out what you like and that's a good start.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

morticia monroe

Hi queenmil,

Oh how I love stones!

I agree that a good book is a great starting point. I went to a bookstore that I knew would have a large selection and browsed until I found the one that was for me. It had so much information in it about color and properties, and made it SO easy when I was holding a stone in my hand and needed photos in order to make identification.

queenmil

Well we have a store called THE Rock Shop so I am going to go in there. Then I found 2 Renissance (sp) faires close by I am definately goin to them to see what I can find..hehe. I am hoping to find some quartz. I would want something to bring out my abilities. BUt maybe I should work on my chakras first?

How do You find divination stores or what even to call them? The one I go to here I just stumbled upon. But when I travel I would love to be able to find other stores.

I have no clue how my Mom used to find people to read her when I was young. I haven't the foggiest. We have one guy here that reads who ever stops by his house when his light is in. He read my palm and cards once...but who knows I would love to go sosmewhere else