Ze emperor

klaus_b

When i ask a relationship style question for a particular person, very often i get the emperor as the outcome... the emperor somehow doesnt really ring me as anything love-related... any thoughts or ideas on how to interpret this card?

Hooked on TdM

Well I'm fairly new so take this with a grain of salt.

I see the Emperor has a fairly solid guy. He represents solidity and strength. He has a good foundation and a fair bit of confidence. However he also can represent unrest (making your world a better place, raising kids.. anything along those lines always causing someone to be not happy) and being prepared for action. As a love card, I would see this as a very good foundation for the relationship. They have some great strengths together. However, the relationship is not yet cured (like cement drying.. it has yet to become solid) so there's more work to do, more of them getting to know each other, more compromising to be had before they will be at that comfortable, I really know you, stage. I would watch for a theme of dominence though, as the Emperor's main position is one of authority. It could hint at a bit of a power issue with it being out of balance during this time.

Hooked

The crowned one

Funny you ask! we just did this one. Perhaps some of the posts will help here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=100096

He is mostly trying to build the empire, not really having the chance live it and enjoy it..authority, will, and being acknowledged as the King is where this card is at for me.

starrystarrynight

As an outcome in a relationship-style question, it may mean that one or both of the parties involved need to mature into the relationship more or that the relationship, itself, needs to grow into adulthood (i.e. it may be at a relatively "young" stage and can go either way at this point depending upon what the parties want or are able to contribute to its growth right now.)

raeanne

For me the Emperor represents the structure; the rigidity, that is needed to build a society. The Empress is the soft side of things and the Emperor is the hard. (Yes, this also has a sexual significance.) There was an old Star Trek episode where Captain Kirk was split into two – the ‘good’ Kirk and the ‘bad’ Kirk. What was interesting is that the ‘good’ Kirk lost the ability to command because he was too compassionate to order someone into battle where they would be killed. For me this episode shouldn’t have been about the good/bad sides but the hard/soft sides that are represented by the Emperor and Empress. The Emperor qualities are needed to build anything sustainable but without the Empress to soften things, it can be very harsh. I also see Javert (from Les Mis) as the Emperor to an extreme; rigid without compassion.

MissCW

I agree with Raenne, the Emperor can be a bit rigid, he doesnt "bend" very much. I've had him in relationships spreads but not as an outcome, just the person. And this person was a bit inflexible and a bit stubborn.

An emperor needs careful handling sometimes I've found!!

klaus_b

:d

Thank you very much all of you, i did notice that most of the time when i get the emperor i also get some other card about learning, or the hierophant, or quite often something structure related, all your answers were very very useful. Thnks!