What image/symbol/word/thought comes to mind when you think of the Wheel of Fortune

mythos

I am having some problems painting my Wheel of Fortune Canvas. I thought is would be interesting, and hopefully useful, to ask what immediately comes to mind when you think of the card. It might be an image, a symbol, a word, a sentence, a thought, a feeling/emotion, an experience ... or, as in my case, absolutely nothing:D (not true ... but I am a bit stuck).

Help?????????????

mythos:)

Penny Dreadfuls

What immediately pops into my head and general "emotion" are fairytales. The usual ones where the main person is down and out then fortune or fate (destiny?) smiles and favors them and their whole world is on an upswing!

Along with the fairytale idea, I get the associated feelings and images in my mind, Magic, talking trees, a world hidden in a raindrop, never know what surprise awaits behind the castle kind of feeling.

Hope that was helpful!

Hooked on TdM

A cobweb with things trapped in it and a big pair of scissors threatening to cut some of it.

HoT

GryffinSong

fate, fortune, destiny
random, chance
unknown, surprise
cycle (of life or seasons or...), circle

lark

I would like to see a Wheel of Fortune painted as a crop circle...is there anything more random, chance, surprising, unknown...or that leads us to think about our fate and destiny more than a crop circle? :)
And as far as fortune goes....if we are the only planet going...well what a toss of the dice as far a fortune goes that we're even here.
And if we toss the dice out there...what are the odds we are not alone.

ethan_greer

I immediately think of the game show. (It's true! I even hear the theme music in my head.) :D But soon after that I think about the cyclical nature of fortune and fate.

Annabelle

I think of amusement park rides that go in circles . . . I know that the Ferris wheel image has already been done in Samantha's tarot (and maybe others as well), but there are many different rides that take people in circles . . .

I think of being kind of stuck in a turning wheel that we cannot get out of. Fate. The turning of fate. A sense of inevitability.

Grizabella

For some reason I think of a spinning roulette wheel. Not sure why because I'm not a gambler, but that's just what comes to my mind.

Splungeman

I think of the patients back when I worked at the nursing home. They all got grouchy if they missed Wheel of Fortune on TV.

After that, I think of the randomness of the universe...

Whitney

I call it the Spin of Fate. You never know what you will get.