Numerologically speaking.....#11

Pook

Would the year card for a person whose birth/life path number is 11 be Strength, or would it be Justice? Or would it be reduced to 2 for the purposes of simple numerology and be the High Priestess?

I cant be the only one here on the forum who's an 11....does anyone have any experience deciding which to go with, or a system that you use to determine which card cooresponds to your life path number?

Or anyone who has any input on numerology and tarot connections for the "master number" 11?

tarotlyn

the way I do it is NOT reduce the 11...

You are a master teacher...

Here is something I just found online that will explain how to figure your
numbers when you are an 11 :

http://www.greatdreams.com/eleven/num11.htm

:) :love:
tarotlyn

Pook

thank you...a very interesting article....doesnt mention tarot anywhere in it though...:(

hmm...its 11:11 pm right now...:p

franniee

my birth date is the 11th :)

But my life path is 19 (sun) 10 (wheel) magician (1)

For tarot you 29 = 11 = strength/justice and the High Priestess (2)

When you are strictly using numerology you never reduce an 11 - it is a power number. ;) Awesome!!!! But for tarot purposes yes you are also the HP - which makes sense.

celticnoodle

interesting article, tarotlyn, thanks for posting it. yes, 11 the Master Number, (as are 22 & 33), and I'd pay special attention to it when it/them appears.

my birthmonth and day (Oct 01) add up to 11--but alas, not when you add the year into the mix.

as for which card it should be paired with, I guess that depends on which deck you are using to read with at the time the 11 appears. The majority of my tarot cards have Justice, so I use that. But, I also try to explain the message of a master number to the client as well, when one of those numbers pops up.

I did notice that the way they added the birthdate in that article is differently then how I would add it. they had March 29, 1968. I'd change this to 3 + 2 + 9 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 8 = 38, which is 3 + 8 = 11. they never got 11, and eventually got 2.

I could further add the 1 + 1 and get the 2, but they never even had the 11 to begin with, they had 20.

MeeWah

When working with numbers in Tarot, only numbers greater than 22 'reduced' because based on the number of Major Arcana. 0-The Fool seen as 22.

Whether 11 read as Strength or Justice depends on the deck used or the numbering preferred for those cards. I generally use the RWS numbering, so Strength, 8; Justice, 11.

Using the date of March 29, 1968 as an example & Mary K.Greer's system:

***03***
***29***
*1968***
=2000***=2+0+0+0=2

Personality & Soul Cards both 2-The High Priestess. Shadow Cards, 11-Justice & 20-Judgement. Greer refers to these cards as the "Hidden Factor" cards because their numbers 'hidden' in the Personality number or card.

***03***
***29***
*2008***
=2040***=2+0+3+0=6

2008 Year Card, 6-The Lovers.

Currently in a Justice Year (11). Past experience with such a year resulted in experiencing deaths both figurative & literal. Assessing the interests & associations. By which process, eliminates that no longer needed or wanted also on both the figurative & literal levels. This results in clarification on various matters. Interestingly, this is what is happening now, too.

[Edited to correct addition--sheesh. Humble apologies.]

MeeWah

11 amongst three master numbers (11, 22, & 33) which denote mastery on a particular plane. Or the striving for same.

11, mastery on the physical plane. 22, mastery on the mental plane. 33, mastery on the spiritual plane.

In 11, the energy active & makes decisions. Also in the process of accessing the mental plane.

In 22, interaction between the physical & the mental planes from the development of reason & diplomacy.

In 33, a spiritual consciousness; & developed from experience & a desire to manifest a higher service.

Pook

It's just funny to me that no matter which way I add them, my numbers come out to the same end result.

I usually add the way Celticnoodle does it.
(My birthday is september 1, 1981)
9+1+1+9+8+1=29, 2+9=11(Strength or Justice, depending) 1+1=2(HP)

If I add it the other way,

---09--
---01--
-1981--
_______
-1991- 1+9+9+1=20(Judgement), and then reduced all the way 2+0=2(HP again)

Is there a definitive "right" way? While I was trying to find a reason there are 2 different ways the numbers are added, I found that in the Mary K. Greer book '21 Ways,' she uses the first method (the long written way) but it seems she uses both methods if MeeWah can cite that the 'stacked' way is also Greer's.

Does the year carry more significance than the day and month?
In the first method, each digit gets equal treatment, whereas the second way, the month and day get added to the year, which strikes me as strange, because you basically add a relatively small number (never larger than 43(12+31) by adding the month and day) to a much bigger number (all around 2000 at this point in history) and then add the final digits together.

I am not sure that there is a right way, but I am inclined to go with the first. Which I guess is much like reading tarot. Every one has thier own way to read, and my way probably doesnt fit you, but it works for me. It's all about perception.

I am still left with the original question of reducing 11 to 2, though. Should I or shouldnt I? In numerology, I guess, you shouldnt reduce 11...

will do some more reading...post later....

mary ventura

MeeWah said:
***03***
***29***
*2008***
=2030***=2+0+3+0=5

2008 Year Card, 5-The Hierophant.

I'm confused, wouldn't 2008 + 3 + 29 equal 2040? :?:

Mary V

tarotlyn

...just saw your reply...
Sorry...I misunderstood your question...thought I was answering that part of
your question that asked about a numerology connection for the "master
number" 11 and reducing to a 2 for purposes of simple numerology.
Pook said:
...Or would it be reduced to 2 for the purposes of simple numerology and be the High Priestess?...

...Or anyone who has any input on numerology and tarot connections for the "master number" 11?

:) tarotlyn