PDA

View Full Version : Help with what are these ??????

Karenwhe
26-12-2002, 17:56
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone here can help me with these two items I seem to own.. and never noticed them until now.
I donít know what they are :( . The Hexagonal Prism I got from my mother when I live in a house with some bizarre things (some thought it was ghosts) so she said I should use this glass thingy and put it in a place facing the run rise. It worked as no more phenomenas occurred. But I donít know what it is and neither does she. She got it from someone else for the same purpose.

The second item is a stone that my son found and it is really wired and no one can tell me what it is. But it looks very nice and out of this planet.

Here is a link with pictures of the two items and below the best description I could write.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/swheller/Dsc00680.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/swheller/DSC00681.JPG
http://users.bigpond.net.au/swheller/Dsc00682.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/swheller/Dsc00683.jpg

1. Hexagonal Prism (seem to be made from glass) Green.
Written on it: two words that I donít understand. First word has two letters in it. The letters are old Latin so I donít get them, but seems like Dx or Dr (if the first letter is D at all). The second one the same writing I donít understand the first letter the rest writes: ď?epliczĒ. The first letter looks like D.

2. Stone or Metal seems to be crystallized. Color like white gold, looks like silver but tends more to white gold and shiny. It has weight. Could be metal alloy (though I donít think so) but has typical crystal shapes which you canít see in the picture.

Thanks for your help.

lunalafey
27-12-2002, 04:53
can't be much help, but some thoughts....
not 'D' but 'C'...Cr...?
and it's hard from the picture to really tell. few minerals take on this shape, one is pyrite.

cricket
27-12-2002, 10:27
Actually, I think the first letter on both words is a "T" but I can't be sure without a clearer picture. Sorry!

IsisUnveiled
01-01-2003, 08:02
I think it may be an eastern european language. I noticed the last word is *something*-e-p-l-i-c-z. The First word is definitely an abbreviation.

Hope this helps some!

Karenwhe
01-01-2003, 08:07
The writing I think it is Latin (i am not sure what it says).

But what are the itmes? What is that green thing used for or created for ? And what is that weired stone?

WhiteDrag0n
01-01-2003, 09:03
Hi,

I cant be much help with the writing, but the stone your son found looks to me to be pyrite aka fools gold.

coldsuns
16-03-2003, 21:53
Oh..your crystal give me a headache and spooky feeling. I feel that it is not just a normal crystal. It seems to be a new crystal that has been put on a curse..just a guess =X

HudsonGray
17-03-2003, 03:58
Hmm, that last jpg looks like iron pyrite. I've seen it before & that's the right shaping & color.

RAVENAL
20-03-2003, 15:50
Another vote for iron pyrite...

Kyrielle
24-03-2003, 11:42
Maybe try Polish or Czech or something for the words on the green glass prism? They don't really look Latin to me -- though they are written in a Latin-looking Gothic type style. Polish I know has a lot of z's in it. Maybe something from that region of the world.

-- Kyrielle

Minderwiz
27-03-2003, 05:43
If the first two letters are Dr. then it could well be the name of someone - Doctor ? The other word may begin with 'F' - given the ornate nature of the 'D' in Dr - it appears that a lower case letter is 'encased' in a more ornate surround. I can't make out the second letter but the remaining letters are p, h, r, and e.

If you examine the 'r' in the second word it is clearly the same letter as the second letter in Dr.

I tend to think its a name (either surname or a pseudonym).

Minderwiz
27-03-2003, 07:06
After a little thought - the first letter of the second word may be 'S' - certainly 's' is written as 'f' in old manuscripts - this would suggest that the second word is 'saphre' - which may be a version of sapphire. There are references to 'blue saphre' a mineral from central Europe used for pigmentation in some art work, including stained glass.

There are also legends of an angel called Saphre which was the guard of the world between darkness and light - given the use to which this crystal is to be put - it could be a refrence to that angel, as a guard against evil.

Diana
27-03-2003, 07:27
Originally posted by Kyrielle
Maybe try Polish or Czech or something for the words on the green glass prism? They don't really look Latin to me

Not Latin, and I agree, this is probably Polish or Czech (probably Polish). I have some Polish friends - I will ask them if they recognise the word - I will be seeing them over the weekend.

skytwig
27-03-2003, 10:13
I saw Dr. also. It looks like glass, but you could have a jeweler look at it to see if it is a gem stone.

I would think it 'worked' due to your intent, more than the power of the stone, although all those pyramids are cleansing.

The other stone looks like pyrite, good stuff for protection (reflecting) and clarity (dispeling interference). with the addition of iron, you would also have the influence of mental and emotional balance. Iron has also been used to provide contact with the 'fairy kingdom' of this world - a path for tranquility and abundance. In combination with pyrite, that is pure wonder!!

Nice little stone. Meditate with it in your right hand. the more you use it, the more it will attune to your energies.

I would imagine, also, that it is a terrific stone for grounding, especially during meditation when you may choose to soar!

I got this information from Melody's 'tomes': Love is in the Earth.
Melody is a scientist who has done extensive research on our stonepeople friends.

Ruby7
31-03-2003, 00:33
I would have to agree with other replies in that the green one does look like glass, although you will not know for sure unless a jeweller/gemmologist tests it. I agree also with the piece that you son found probably being pyrite, although there are other minerals that can look similar. Pyrite usually has a slight yellow tint to it (hence the name "fools gold"), and you mention more of a white gold tint.

There is a very simple test that you could do on the metallic piece. Rub the mineral across the surface of a white (non-glazed) porcelain tile (or plate, but usually plates are glazed). It should leave a streak on the porcelain. This streak is the colour of the mineral's powder.

pyrite: green-black streak
other minerals it could be:

antimony: gray streak
bismuth: silvery white

If you do the test and it doesn't match with any of these let me know and I will look into it. I'm studying gemmology and all this information comes from gemmology books. There are many metallic looking minerals.