Need Help identifying stones?

bluefairy

hi i just got these stones from my mother and i have no idea what they are but i do have the crystal bible by Judy hall,maybe i can't tell because they aren't tumbled so if can help me out i would appreciate it a lot.
also if there are any that would help my mother in law out she suffered a heart attack in December 2007 and was paralyzed on the left side they found that she had a blood clot in her brain, every since she hasn't been the same she complains that her throat hurts her and she is worried that it will happen again,she isn't eating much anymore also.this is all starting to get worrisome to us all in the family she has regained movement and i see that she is better but yet she tells me she's not is there anything that can help?

i have a picture of the crystals i do have and wonder if they can help?

Jols84

The picture is a bit blurry, but it looks that some of the stones are the same ones. I'd say the pink ones are rose quartz, the purple-colored ones would most likely be Amethyst, and the white/clear ones would maybe be clear quartz.
The orange I'm unsure of, either Citrine (heat-treated Amethyst Citrine, not natural) or perhaps it is Tangerine Quartz.
I would suggest in getting some more focused pictures of the crystals if possible, that way it would be more easy to see the colors, clarity, and formations of the stones. :)

bluefairy

i will try to take a better picture of them but my batteries are dead...thanks alot for your help..

crystalflame

Yes, the orange ones are not so straightforward. The others should be amethyst, and rose quartz.

bluefairy

o.k. all i took more pictures of the stones i hope these ones are better....:)
there are 2 stones that are green but the bigger one is a lighter shade than the other .i have 2 purple ones , another is pink, one orange kind i think and the other is a clear colour while one has clear with a little pink and green. i hope that helps...

morticia monroe

From the photos, my guess would be that the larger sea green piece is calcite, and the red actually looks like slag glass. I bought some pieces in Arkansas, and they're just like that. Here's a link to show you what it looks like.

http://www.colemanquartz.com/images_store/SlagGlass.JPG

MCsea

I agree the red-orange is glass...
I love glass - the glass posted by morticia monroe is stunning!

off to e-bay to see if there is any available!

MARINA