Beware misleading e-bay RWS deck

Debra

On e-bay now. number 150260471390

Seller calls it VINTAGE WAITE SMITH 'Pam A' TAROT CARDS Univ Bk MINT!!!

She's been questioned in prior attempts and again this time around about labeling this as a "Pam A" when what she "really" means is that it's a University Books deck which she says is a repro of the Pam A. Coloration is not the same, though.

Note the testy commentary in blue under the description.

I'm posting this because I looked at this auction the first time she tried and thought Wow, a Pam A on e-bay! Someone smarter than me gave me a dope slap and I've kept my money.

Caveat Emptor.

Hooked on TdM

I had noticed it and the high price. Not interested in buying it but thanks for the heads up.

Hooked

firecatpickles

I am curious who these "nitpickers know-it-alls who DON'T READ the entire listing page" are lol.

Abrac

Thanks for the heads-up Debra. Looks like another scammer preying on people's naivete.

eBay now has a new feedback system that closely matches Amazon's. Sellers cannot leave negative or neutral feedback at all for buyers. This means buyers can leave accurate feedback without fear of retaliation by sellers. Hopefully this will discourage a lot of the deceitful practices that are so widespread on eBay. It hasn't really had much of an effect at Amazon though. The con artists are still there, but at least you know who they are. It's getting hard to find sellers at Amazon with feedback over 85%. :laugh:

tarotlyn

OMG!!! :bugeyed: I had a terrible experience one time with a horrible
ebay seller!!!

It wasn't even Tarot related...something else.

What happened is that I ended being granted a total refund from PayPal
and then on the last day (sellers and buyers have 60 to leave feedback)...
...on the last day, the horrible seller left me feedback that said "I" was a liar and
cheated HIM !!! I could not get paypal or ebay to take that off my record...
they keep saying (in a catch 22) that it was "past the 60 days already."

Well, the recent new feedback change automatically removed it because it
was about 1 1/2 years old...yay! :thumbsup:

tarotlyn

The crowned one

tarotlyn said:
OMG!!! :bugeyed: I had a terrible experience one time with a horrible
ebay seller!!!

It wasn't even Tarot related...something else.

What happened is that I ended being granted a total refund from PayPal
and then on the last day (sellers and buyers have 60 to leave feedback)...
...on the last day, the horrible seller left me feedback that said "I" was a liar and
cheated HIM !!! I could not get paypal or ebay to take that off my record...
they keep saying (in a catch 22) that it was "past the 60 days already."

Well, the recent new feedback change automatically removed it because it
was about 1 1/2 years old...yay! :thumbsup:

tarotlyn

My only negative feedback was garnered the same way! I bought a print from this fellow and he left me feedback about "pissing up his back and calling it rain," then promptly died!---making communication difficult--- E-bay would not remove the "feedback". but like you mine is 2 or 3 years old and no longer shows.

By the way Debra I saw that deck and listing too and had a laugh at the wording ;)

Lillie

Nice condition though.

The address on the two advertising cards does not match the address on the box.

The crowned one

Lillie said:
Nice condition though.

The address on the two advertising cards does not match the address on the box.

I wondered if the cards were later then the box as I have this deck (as you know Lillie ;) )

Lillie

:)

That one didn't have an advertising card, did it?
I don't remember one.

Regarding the ebay deck
Either the cards were added to the deck later or the deck was produced just as University books were moving from one address to another and the box was made before the advertising cards.

I remember thinking at the time that if you counted the two cards glued to the box then you have the requisite 80.
So, if that's the case then the advertising cards would have had to have been produced separately and added to the deck.

And if that deck counts as a PamA then so does every one in a yellow magician box...

Lillie

And the weird thing is that that seller has bought enough of the Pamela decks to know what they are...