Tarot readings and the major arcana.

subliminal

For the first few months that I had my tarot deck, I very rarely had any cards from the major arcana show up in my readings. I would always get a bit excited when they did because it was such a rare occourance.

But more and more [especially very recently] I've been having a lot of cards from the major arcana show up in my readings. I just thought I'd share, and see if anybody has any opinions on why this might be happening. :]

Forensic

Well, I know when I do a daily reading if a lot of minors show up nothing 'big' will happen.

If I throw all majors I start worrying. :lol:

Morwenna

"Oh no, not another learning experience!"

Dragon-Capricorn

I must have a lot of learning experiences - I seem to always get a lot of majors! Sometimes even all majors. I've only rarely had just minors.

SunChariot

Major Arcana cards come up, the way I learnt it, when the answers to the question you asked involves a very important life lesson the the universe it trying to teach the querent on that matter. If someone gets a Major Arcana card it is both an indication that this is a very important issue in their life and there are lessons there as indicated in the answer that they need to learn to advance right now in their life to another life stage. You know how life lessons are. If you don't learn them as they present themselves, they will keep coming up again over and over until you learn what you are meant to. So it just means to take notice of it and think it over and learn whatever you can from it.

If you were not getting them before, to me, it simply means that the issues you were dealing with at first were more mundane affairs and there was no major life lessons you needed to learn from them. Now, you are hitting on issue that do involve major and important life lessons you are meant to learn. Either you are asking about different issues, or the issues you are asking about have taken on a greater importance in your life

Babs

Dragon-Capricorn

I could well see that in my life, SunChariot ... I know a few things I have not learned my lesson in!!! It would not suprise me if the Tarot were saying "HEY! Learn this already! Move on!"

SunChariot

There are things in all of our lives that we need to work on learning. Some of them take longer than others and some we even resist learning for a while. While I personally don't believe the universe gets impatient with us, it true we can't move on until we learn them so the universe does tend to point out to us what we should be learning/what it is trying to teach us via the Majors. And if we miss one chance to learn something that we need to know to move forward another will soon follow.

Babs

Morwenna

My friends call this sort of thing "the cosmic whomp-upside-the-head."

Nae Mirier

That made me literally lol. I've alway's pulled majors and minors pretty equally. I get lots of court cards more than anything.

subliminal

Thank you everyone. You guys are such a great help. :]

I guess I have a lesson to get learning. :]