How To Identify Real Tarot Readers

Ranzel

A lot of news lately are posted in the internet about tarot reading scams. This scams are becoming more and more ramphant that it could make it more difficult for people who are seeking true advice and counsels to know which of which are real tarot readers in the market today.

Any suggestions of how to identify real tarot readers from a scam?

GryffinSong

If they're on ebay or somesuch, check that they have lots of good feedback. Read any negative or neutral comments to see what they say, and be suspicious of anyone who's got no feedback yet.

As for non-ebay-like places ... I have no clue. Perhaps only go with folks who're personally recommended? I'm sure others will have other ideas. Oh, and of course you can always call the Better Business Bureau and make sure there aren't complaints against them. :)

Ranzel

GryffinSong said:
Oh, and of course you can always call the Better Business Bureau and make sure there aren't complaints against them. :)

Any contact information?

HoneyBea

Maybe look for some accreditation, on my site I say that I am a Professional Member of the Tarot Guild of Australia - to achieve that status you have to undergo a series of examinations - So when you see somebody is a Professional member or accredited it gives them at least some credibility.... that is one way of telling — other than that I do not know what to suggest, there a lot of good readers out there just as there are not. :) — sometimes it's a risk you have to take.......

~HoneyBea~

Ranzel

HoneyBea said:
Maybe look for some accreditation, on my site I say that I am a Professional Member of the Tarot Guild of Australia -
~HoneyBea~

One great clue!

Major Tom

HoneyBea said:
Maybe look for some accreditation

Accreditation or certification or endorsement are of no use whatsoever for identifying quality.

Britian's most prolific serial killer, Dr Harold Shipman, was 'certified' by the British Medical Association. They still aren't certain how many people he murdered.

Scammers are quite likely to seek out some sort of 'authentication' in order to lure folks into their scam.

Personal recommendation is quite likely the most reliable way to find a real tarot reader.

Ranzel

Major Tom said:
Personal recommendation is quite likely the most reliable way to find a real tarot reader.

Definitely right!

HoneyBea

Major Tom said:
Accreditation or certification or endorsement are of no use whatsoever for identifying quality.

Well, what can I say! Except to say I put a lot into getting that accreditation and I do think that my reading does come under the category of quality.

I certainly know that The Tarot Guild of Australia does take into consideration your professionalism and the quality of your reading ability, before they grant you the status of Professional Member. :)

I accept what you are saying, but also there are honest and good readers who are accredited, in fact probably more than there are not, The Dr. you cited is one out of how many Good Drs. that are accredited, would you go to a Dr. that didn't belong to the appropriate association? I think this comparison bears very little weight as regards to tarot reading, simply because I would go to a reader who is not accredited, but I would not go to a Doctor who was not a member of the appropriate board of medical practitioners.

I think in all fairness that accreditation does have some strength and worth to its name, and for the odd one out who is a bad reader, there are far more who will provide good quality readings — simply because of the process that they have had to undertake in order to gain that accreditation in the first place.

However the only way to know whether somebody is good or not, is simply to try them out. ;)

FaeryGodmother

Real tarot readers make sense, as in say stuff you understand and is actually applicable to your life. Also, they won't continue to try to make money out of you past the original price of the reading.

Scammers do the opposite.

As for how to identify them... other then being personally recommended, probably the only way to tell a real reader from a scammer is to try them out.

Baroli

Ranzel,

You want to find "Real" tarot reader? Look around this site. You have a whole slew of them, some of them professional, it's what they do for a living and some who are not. Some who are accredited (btw, I totally agree with Major Tom, I am also a fully accredited teacher of Music, Certified K thru 12 grade. However, I suck at teaching music to little kids. Jr. and Sr. High were my forte, but my certificate says Teacher of Music Kindergarten through 12th grade, very misleading), some who are not.

When you went to the person who read the cards for you, did they help you to understand what you wanted or needed to know? Did you come away with a sense of questions answered? If you did, then you have found a "Real" Tarot reader.