New Finds

Razordance

Well, I went to the Canada Day celebration today, and ran into the same mineral seller as last year. He's giving me some pretty good deals because I'm now a 3 year repeat customer :)

My finds this year were 2 clusters of Herkimer Diamonds still in matrix, a large (2-3 lb?) piece of extremely clear Selenite, a small but very nicely coloured chunk of Celestite, and small pieces of Marcasite and Spalerite. I've been looking for Herkimers for quite a while, and sort of asked just out of habit. He caught me off guard by actually having some. I'm looking for some loose crystals, since I expect that the pieces in matrix will be difficult to work with, but these pieces are very nice (I almost, but not quite, was tempted to try and remove one or two). He has loose ones, but didn't have any with him, so he told me to call him in a few days and he'll try and find them for me.

Unfortunately, pics have to wait because I drained the batteries in my camera :)

viking goddess

Sounds like some nice finds!

ruski_svet

Sounds awesome. You must have spent a nice chunk of time at his stall. I found a mineral seller at an antiques show a few weeks ago and since he used to mine them he had loads just sitting around. Selling for great prices, too. I picked up 2 amethyst clusters for only a couple bucks each and a vial of loose herkimers, my first, for 5 bucks. Among other things. Beats new age shops.

wumpkie

*Waits for new piccies to be updated.....even though the batteries are drained.....*

:D

morticia monroe

Me too :) I'd love to see photos!