Grimaud "Petit Etteilla"

Le Fanu

I just bought a copy of this deck;

http://www.lepalaisdutarot.com/PalaisT/PtEtteilla.htm

Does anyone know or use it? The instruction booklet is in English, but makes no real sense. Very elaborate, wordy, ritualistic laying of cards and no real sense of how to read them. Plus a lot of the booklet is made up of a Dream Dictionary, which just doesn´t seem relevant to the actual cards.

Anybody got any pointers? Or does anybody use them and care to enthuse?

Gavriela

The book that came with mine mostly goes on about how Etteilla discovered the most important science ever - genuine Egyptian cartomancy!(!!!!!!!)

And lots of other, ahem, modest statements about himself. I find the book quite funny, but even knowing French doesn't help with this particular pack of cards.

I do believe it can be cracked, but I've not spent six months seriously working with it and I've a feeling that's what it takes. I'll get there, but I am a bit pressed for time at the moment. But do hang onto it, if only for the historical value. And if you work out how to read it, please let me know, too!

Le Fanu

Im answering my own question here: please forgive....

Found that there is an excellent section in Jonathan Dee's Fortune telling weith Playing Cards book...

(just in case any future AT-er had the same question...)