cats eye

devangana

i have a piece of a cats eye stone (pendant form) and i somehow felt something mystical about it. is it safe to use it for necklace or bracelet? or would i rather forget about my cats eye stone? i searched the web but the instructions was for a ring and infact there is some rituals for wearing cats eye gemstone. here it goes:

The weight of the gemstone should not be less than 3 Ratti (363 mg). Its effect increases with its increasing weight.
Cat's eye should be studded in silver or punchdhatu (a mixture of five metals: iron, silver, copper, gold, and zinc).
After washing with water and unboiled milk and chanting Mantra: "Om Kaim Ketave Namah", it should be worn in the middle finger of the right hand.
The wearer should donate sand colored cloth and iron based item should be donated and the person should feed bread to a goat with his own hands.
Day for wearing: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
Time for wearing: The best time to wear a cat's eye ring is two hours after sunset, or in the evening.
can anyone comment on this?

Sinduction

I'm one of those that don't listen to rules. I don't believe in them.

It's up to you if you want to put faith in things like that.

I say, if you're drawn to it then wear it any day of the week! :D

devangana

hello sinduction, i like your spirit..yeah its true why listen to the rules when you have your own intuition...right? i am using it now :) thanks and more power!

crystalflame

I agree with Sinduction. If you feel attracted to some crystal, just wear it regardless of any strict rules. However, one should have in mind that the power of the stones can be increased on certain days in the week, or periods of the year.