Bachelorette Party gig

OOnaOwl

I am reading at my first bachelorette party tomorrow evening. Any words of amusing and/or educational advice? It is at a bar no less....

Sheri

Congratulations, OOnaOwl!

Things could get wild so you have to come back with all the details of how it went!

:love: valeria

Bloudwedd

Bachelorette party? Thats the same as a bridal-shower? Or does it mean there will be a lot of single women there? Anyway, the first thing that popped into my mind was that you might want to doublecheck what decks you are bringing. The toth or the Bohemian Gothic Tarot might not be the best choice...

/Anna

ArwenNightstar

OOnaOwl said:
I am reading at my first bachelorette party tomorrow evening. Any words of amusing and/or educational advice? It is at a bar no less....

Get a wrangler if you don't have one. As they drink, it will get a bit ... um... energetic. LOL

Take a deck you don't mind getting something spilled on.

Do not use a good cloth if you use a cloth.

Have someone know that you need water brought to you (probably can't take any into the bar).

Do small spreads of no more than 1-4 cards.

Have a notebook. Make them sign up. Don't go looking for them if they aren't there.

Can you tell I've read in bars before? LOL

If you get unhappy cards, try to hit them lightly and move on. Alcohol will make folks react very strangely sometimes.

And seriously, having a wrangler there will really help you in the long run.

franniee

Congrats OOna!!!

Definitely keep things light and chatty! Fun and flirty - all of those nice combos. :) Take a light hearted deck or even one that is a little sexual for a good laugh!

Most important - Have fun!! :heart:

OOnaOwl

Thank you all for the great advice! :) I really appreciate it. The only public reading I have done thus far is at a women's fair and at bars for friends. I will let you know if anything "wild" happens, lol! I am bringing a palm reading friend with me too. I am planning on having fun!