Haindl Rune Oracle

BrightEye

Does anyone have it? Want to share opinions?

blackroseivy

Wow, never heard of them - that sounds SO kewl, I hope someone has lotsa pix!! ;)

Grigori

I have the oracle. Have not used it though. I grabbed it in a store a few months back on a whim, and then when I got home and saw how much people were selling them for I put it away until I decided if I wanted to keep it or sell it. I'm not an oracle person really, or a rune one, so its just a curiosity for me.

I opened it recently and browsed through. I also found the book but have not read it yet. The pictures are quite nice, each having some object (a tree, a rock etc..) in the shape of the rune.

Are you using it BrightEye?

BrightEye

I don't have it (yet), but I like Haindl's art. I don't know the first thing about runes, so I don't know whether it would work for me. I think I want it more for the collection, but knowing me, I will want to read with it eventually.

SphinYote

I like the art for this deck even better than that of his tarot deck, it has a softer feel to it. I love looking at the images.

However, have I used it extensively, no. Plan on it someday, but that's what I say about so many decks in my collection....

I have skimmed the book that goes with the deck, and it is intriguing....

Yote

AJ

I got my deck this week from a kindly enabling German member :) I've been seeking it for years.
It is way more beautiful than the scans here show and I'm thrilled to have it. I ordered the companion deck (in English) from our friends at Mondazzi.

The book is digest sized and clocks in at 266 pages...in pretty small print, I'll need good light to read it. It is by Nigel Pennick, does anyone know which one?
I find this list
http://www.librarything.com/author/pennicknigel

but could it be this one
http://www.nigelpennick.com/

both 'sound' right but neither list this book as part of their publications.

I have written to US Games several times on behalf of republishing this deck.
It just seems odd that if something was worth publishing in the first place, why it isn't kept in print?
It seems an unappreciated gem to me and I look forward to using it.