Tarot Readings, Online and on Phone?

Crescent

How legit are the places either online, or through a phone? You know, like the 1800 numbers? I know and remember the Miss Cleo debacle, but I am thinking, maybe there IS a legit service for those in need.
I have thought more then once, about doing Tarot readings via the 1800 numbers.. I wonder if others can shed some light on this?

Please don't blast me..... but I am so curious, and half hoping I can do something like this to supplement my income.

Grizabella

The competition at these places is huge and fierce and the people you work for take more than half of what you earn. I tried Kasamba for a few months and even though I did earn some money, I really didn't think it was worth it. You'd do a lot better to just go down to your local coffee shop and make a deal with the establishment to do your readings there, giving them a cut or requiring that the customer buy a coffee or something.

If you're afraid to do it for fear that you're going to meet with a lot of opposition, think of it this way----someone had to break the ice in any city where Tarot is accepted. Why shouldn't it be you? Your fellow Tarot enthusiasts will thank you and so will your customers, many of whom may have been paying the exorbitant prices charged by the online and phone readers. :)

Crescent

I was just wondering how the entire thing works, including monies made. I wouldnt mind doing readings via online or the phone. In many ways, it can be helpful to me.
Is it worth the time to even consider doing something like this?

It wouldnt be as a main income, just as a supplemental few bucks.. because I would do it probably 3 days a week.

Hooked on TdM

Wow. Thanks for sharing that link Silverr.

Hooked

Crescent

Thank you Silverr.

Aerin

Crescent said:
How legit are the places either online, or through a phone? You know, like the 1800 numbers? I know and remember the Miss Cleo debacle, but I am thinking, maybe there IS a legit service for those in need.
I have thought more then once, about doing Tarot readings via the 1800 numbers.. I wonder if others can shed some light on this?

Please don't blast me..... but I am so curious, and half hoping I can do something like this to supplement my income.

Just to balance out...... some people here do read online (and by phone?) as well as face-to-face and are perfectly legit.

I personally would not go to anyone who charged by the minute and left the amount open ended (saying 'x for a 10 min reading' would be OK, saying 'x per minute for however long it is ' would not). That, as an incentive system, is fatally flawed if you end up dealing with someone unscrupulous. I want to know how much and how many cards. Then I KNOW what I'm spending and what I will get up front: if it's not useful then at least my losses are limited.

Aerin

M-Tarot-M

On the patron side, the Psychic Eye Books chain offer a number of worthy Tarot Readers via phone and in person. I have used 12 of them at four of their locations all via phone. This is not a Psychic Hotline charge-by-the-minute service. These are screened readers available to the public. The fees are reasonable. They accept credit cards. It is a legitimate "brick & mortar" establishment and they are accountable within reason for these products as with their other products like books. If I were good enough and lived near a branch I would definitely investigate working out of their store. You set your hours and they handle the booking and payment. I have no idea what details are involved behind the scenes, however, because so many of these readers are good enough to have accumulated a large clientele the fact that they remain associated with the chain and do not go off on their own is indicative of a desirable working relationship.