gems replacement

devangana

there are stones that are not available in our local stores, is there any replacement of these particular stones? i need your expertise on this:
1. peridot
2. bloodstone
3. emerald
4. blue sapphire
5. serpentine
6. fire opal

thanks in advance it will be very much appreciated:)

lark

Hi devangana
It depends on what you are using them for.
But there are substitutions you can make.
If you could give me an idea of what you will be using them for I could help by posting alternate stones choices.

devangana

thanks lark, i am making a personlize jewelries for my family and friends and sometimes i just let them select the stones they want yet not all are available thats why i am seeking your advise for some gem replacement. thanks for your
speedy reply:)

1. peridot ( my intention is to make a chakra bracelet )
2. bloodstone ( i am after its healing properties)
3. emerald ( birthstone of my daughter and its healing properties)
4. blue sapphire ( birthstone of my sister and a friend and its healing properties)
5. serpentine ( i am after its healing properties)
6. fire opal ( my birthstone and i want more collection of this )
7. sunstone ( i ask for sunstone from our local store but she gave me goldstone
instead, is their healing properties the same? i am disappointed)

lark

I'll be happy to help, I need a little time to study up on this I'll be back soon with some replacement suggestions.
Thank you for the list that really helps.

lark

1. peridot ( my intention is to make a chakra bracelet )
Peridot would be for the heart chakra alternate stones that could be used in place of peridot would be~
rose quartz, green quartz, Aventurine, Kunzite, Variscite, Muscovite, Red Calcite, Rhodonite, Watermelon Tourmaline, Pink Tourmaline, Green Tourmaline, Apophylite, Lepiolite, Morganite, Pink Danburite, Ruby, Chrysocolla, Green sapphire.

2. bloodstone ( i am after its healing properties)
Amazonite, Carnelian, or Red Jasper

3. emerald ( birthstone of my daughter and its healing properties)
Aquamarine, Chrysoberyl or Topaz

4. blue sapphire ( birthstone of my sister and a friend and its healing properties)
Aquamarine, Blue Tourmaline, or Blue Zircon

5. serpentine ( i am after its healing properties)
Amazonite, Bowenite, Leopardskin Jasper

6. fire opal ( my birthstone and i want more collection of this )
Moonstone, Rainbow Obsidian, or Ruby

7. sunstone ( i ask for sunstone from our local store but she gave me goldstone
You can use Citrine or Gold topaz.

instead, is their healing properties the same? i am disappointed)
Gold stone is a good stone..it's excellent for increasing telepathic powers and any form of magic especially star magic and channelling star guardians...if you use it in a charm bag it attracts successs and fame...so maybe it was given to you by mistake for a reason.
As far as healing properties go it is used for migraines, vision problems, assisting blood flow, detoxifying the system and for recovery from surgery and to cleans the body after you have had to take alot of drugs for medical reasons. So a valuable stone.

If you can't find some of these I can go to the next level and research some of the alternate stones...just let me know.
I hope this helps you out. :)

lark

As far as Birthstones go there are many to chose from...

An Emerald would be for birthdays between April 20-May 20.
Your other choices would be ~Topaz, Aquamarine, Azurite, Black Spinel, Boji Stone, Diamond, Kyanite, Kunzite, Lapis Lazuli, Malachite, Rose quartz, Rhondonite, Sapphire, Selenite, Tigers eye,Topaz, Tourmaline, Variscite.

A Blue Sapphire would be for Sept.23-Oct 22.
Your other choices would be ~ Opal, Ametrine, Apophyllite, Aquamarine, Aventurine, Bloodstone, Chiastolite, Emerald, Green Spinel, Green Tourmaline, Jade, Kunzite, Lapis Lazuli, Lepidolite, Mohogany Obsidian, Moonstone, Opal, Peridot, Topaz, Prehnite, Sunstone.

devangana

wow! amazing! a library of information. thanks a lot lark. i would settle on that for now...the next time i couldnt find a particular stone i will consult you for an advise:) more blessings!