UK Readers

Lavandula

Not long ago, I met a very interesting tarot reader who has worked all over the world. She told me that she first learned the cards in England (many years ago!), and the way they teach there is to learn a poem for each of the cards.

I was wondering if any of the UK readers here learned the same way, and if you could help me find copies of the poems used to learn the cards?

Over my years with the cards I've done courses, am still book-learning, and using the intuitive approach. I'd really love more information on the English way so I can add another "layer" to my readings.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Aerin

I've seen traditional poems for playing cards but not for Tarot.

Aerin

Lavandula

That sounds interesting Aerin. I started with playing cards. Can you tell me more about those poems?

Aulruna, thanks for the link. Mary's site didn't have what I was looking for, but I'm enjoying looking around it just the same!

inanna_tarot

Never heard of poems to learn the tarot. Rune poems, even ogham poems that people have created but not tarot poems to learn from. Perhaps she meant to write your own tarot poems to instill the meanings and energies of the cards into your being?

Le Fanu

Also learnt the cards in England (not sure if it is considered "many years ago", but certainly at a time when there wasn´t masses of information available like today.)

I would have noticed a poem that made life a bit easier (but that´s not to say it doesn´t exist. Im no expert...)

Emily

I've never heard of this before either but it sounds interesting. :)

Aerin

Lavandula said:
That sounds interesting Aerin. I started with playing cards. Can you tell me more about those poems?

Aulruna, thanks for the link. Mary's site didn't have what I was looking for, but I'm enjoying looking around it just the same!

They're in a book I have, Fortune Telling with Playing Cards by Jonathan Dee.

Aerin