Card-speak

r0sered1ster

On several different occasions I have asked my deck to show me which card best represents itself and drew the same card each time (Strength in the Tarot of the Magical Forest ) since I'm still just a beginner I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? It also seems to appear when I need to pay more attention as well, just thought it was kinda neat...

SolSionnach

That does sound real neat, r0sered1ster. I've never asked a deck for that kind of information. What does drawing Strength mean to you? How do you see that card relating to your life? What does it say about your deck?

When I first read your question, I thought that you'd asked your deck to describe *you*. I've never done that, either - but I've been pretty content with learning my soul/personality cards: the Sun, Wheel of Fortune, and the Magician. Those cards definitely show my personality and my challenges. I used Mary Greer's method in Tarot for Your Self to figure those out (and there are threads here that show you how to do it).

r0sered1ster

I'm not sure why the thought to ask occurred to me, but every time I asked the question no matter what wording I used, the Strength card showed up. Normally, I understand Strength to mean using kind words and gentle hands rather than a direct approach to a subject...that and developing patience is key too. But when I asked my question the feeling I got was that the deck was using this card to show me that it was trying to get something across. (I was looking at the expressions on the lion and lamb in the Magical Forest deck rather than the general keywords for it) Like it was the card was the deck's energy speaking to me. Almost as if when I see the Strength card, it's letting me know the other cards are important right then. As far as identifying myself, the deck usually shows me the eight of pentacles or the knave of pentacles which seems to be pretty darned accurate!

Logiatrix

That sounds pretty cool...I'll have to try that!
:D

SolSionnach

I was just looking at that deck yesterday, and was struck by the gentleness of the Strength card, too. It's practically the only card without the bug eyes, which also makes it stand out (with the 8 wands, which has no animal in it). I see what you're talking about above, too.

It sounds like you're making good progress in your tarot journey! :)

r0sered1ster

I'm so glad I wasn't coming across like too much of a loon but it was easier to explain it in my head rather than have it come out right on my keyboard! It's a great deck and I've had a very easy time bonding with it.

Demon Goddess

Oh, don't kid yourself, Rose, everyone here comes across as a loon to someone. ;) Anyone thinking "DG moreso than anyone else" owes me a Pepsi. :p

I didn't ask my deck to show me "itself" but rather to show me the spirit guide that I talk to using this deck. I got a Page of Wands.

I have asked the Marseilles to show me it's spirit and the deck gave me a card, I can't remember which, now, unfortunately, but the answer I gleaned was that it had no spirit specifically associated with it.

DeaconBlues

Actually, that's my norm. Not with such a specific question (I never ask which card represents myself, since it usually comes up in my readings anyway), but there is always one card in particular that pops up everywhere...in my daily draws, in my spreads, wherever, but I'll see it several times over the course of a week or so one way or another. Just now it's the Queen of Pentacles.

Usually, I see the recurring card as kind of a "blinking message light," so I do a spread to ask what that particular card is trying to tell me. That's always insightful, it usually reveals some hard truths, and interestingly enough, the card always stops appearing so repeatedly after I do that. Mostly it just gets replaced by another card that wants to pop up everywhere, but that's ok!

I consider myself lucky to have found a deck that can "talk" to me so effectively, especially since I'm also very new to tarot.

Long and short of it...you aren't alone! In fact, I think it's fairly common.

Free Spirit

I'm sorry I know I sound a bit green,
but what is the proccess for asking a card that best represents your self.
Do you fan them all out on the table, and see which one you was drawn to,
Or do you get your card in other ways.

r0sered1ster

Actually, the first time I simply asked "What card would best represent you?" (meaning the deck) as I shuffled, cut and drew the top card. I rephrased my question a few times on different occasions and got the same card.