• One place only, but anytime

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • One place only, only certain times

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FaeryGodmother

I'm curious about the circumstances in which people can read. Personally, I can read practically anytime, anywhere, when I feel like it- but reading through all the different threads its obvious that a lot of people need pretty special circumstances, places, settings or times. So, where does everyone else fit in?

Alamaris

I voted "most places, most times". I can read practically anywhere, from my bedroom to a noisy coffee shop to a crowded beach, provided the wind doesn't kick up. I think the only place I would have an issue reading would be a place of religious worship, for fear I'd be ejected from the premises for "witchcraft" (plus I tend to respect other religions and their creeds, even if I don't agree with them).

I really only have trouble reading when I'm incredibly stressed out or tired. In my case, its not always obvious even when I'm about to fall on my face, so I tend to give informal rainchecks.

Baroli

Anyplace, anytime, it's what I do.

Grizabella

I voted anywhere, anytime, but I do have to say I wouldn't do it in church. Since I don't go to church, though, I don't think it counts.

Dark Crystal

I read anytime, anywhere :). I've never needed certain places, times or atmospehere to read.

celticnoodle

I've read cards in the passenger seat of our car while on a drive out west for someone on my cell phone. :laugh: a bit of a challenge, to be sure, and only a 3 card reading, as that is all my lap can handle, but I've done that a few times.

I can pretty much read anywhere, anytime, but I have to be in the mood for it. When I'm tired, I'm no good at reading.

ruski_svet

I love late afternoons and evenings, so that's when I read better. And I can have the focus of a cat so noises or new things to look at can distract me, though I haven't read outside my bedroom much so there's not much experience with that.
And the mood, God the mood. They're all over sometimes.

Sinduction

Anytime and anywhere as long as I feel like doing it.

I have a hard time if I'm unmotivated to center and pay attention to that little inside voice. If ya know what I mean. :D

It's like trying to clean my house when I don't want to get off the sofa. Not gonna happen.

thorhammer

I seem to be like most people - as long as I'm in the mood.

I don't need a space so much as a state of mind - if I'm "scattered" all over the place and not really wanting to settle, then it's a waste of time. I need to be able to calm down and exist in my own mind rather than the rest of the world for a bit.

\m/ Kat

GryffinSong

I'm with the "as long as I'm in the mood" crowd. :D I prefer to quiet myself, and perhaps put out a nice cloth or something. And on those rare occasions when I read for a friend I try to set the mood with a candle or two, but generally, anywhere will do.