Readings out of a minimal deck

sleepingcat

I need to post more often. >>;

Anyway, just wanted to share. Of course Murphy's law dictates that the day I dont take a deck out of the house with me is the day everyone wants to be read for.

I still wanted to get the reading practice in, so I industriously tore 78 peices of paper-scrap into little squareish shapes and wrote the name of each card on the face of each piece of paper. That was it "VI The Lovers" or "8 Cups" was all it got. And then I tried to shuffle (arugh) and fanned them out for people to draw cards.

It worked... well. Amazingly. ...But I still love my published decks. It's like the difference between having rations that will technically meet your nutritional needs and having a gourmet dinner.

But it was fun.

anyone else try to read with names, numbers or even less?

GryffinSong

I haven't, but I admire your ingenuity! :D

Lion-O

As for the quantity of posts... I can only grin there :D

Still, seriously, I can't comment as in that I also tried something similar. But it does goes to show (something which has come across these boards several times) that in a way the deck is merely a tool which helps you being the reader to unlock certain information.

And coming from that I can see that this approach will work for you if you are comfortable with the way things "usually" work.

As said, it doesn't apply to me. I don't read for others (some very few exceptions though) but I do think this to be intriguing.

Gavriela

Some of my friends privately published a deck with just the names of the cards on them. It may be available commercially through one of the smaller online sites, but I can't even remember what they called it. It was Wald and Ruth Ann Amberstone, if anyone else remembers before I get a chance to call them and ask.

But I'll try to find out. I think the cards were maybe half black and half white? I'd like a copy myself, actually.

I've done the 'slips of paper' kinds of readings, too, though.