Understanding the cards is not the hardest part ?

Dave.vdv

You see the cards images and words are forming in your mind you see the connection and what it is all about, i'm not saying i can interpret the cards fully i still have a lot to learn, but i come to understand that's not the hardest part of reading for me.
But there's the problem how do i bring it across to the people i read for, what's my responsebility, do i gently bring things or do i just spread out the harsh truth in a telegram style so they understand...

I wonder how many people walk away from a reading with a real intention of doing something with it, who feel empowered, this is much the responsibility of the querent i think but it will depend greatly on how you bring it to them.

So i feel i have to be confident about what i bring, and i have to feel the need to help them.
Experience...

But still different people react to different things,sometimes you need a friend sometimes a stranger, you kind of have to feel this intuitive.

So the cards say something and i say something how do you go about that ?

Guiding Cauldron

well i have found that no matter what the information the cards are helping to bring to light, ALWAYS present the information in a loving light. You NEVER want to scare the client. Even something that said mildly to you can be earth shattering to the client who recieves it and impact them for a vary long time.

Always ask your guides, angels ato help you find the right words for that client, trust me it helps! Listen to how your client speaks as well, grasping their language and telling the information to them in their terms makes it easier for them to digest what your telling them and makes better sence to them.

an example: if they say in conversation that someone they know has a temper like a volcano- and the tower card comes up in a reading you could say something along the lines that the time ahead of them could be quite volcano like with lots of change but after change can come renewal and regeneration; a more peaceful time.

hope that helps you a little bit; just remember with practice makes it easier as well, so dont over analyze it or get ovelry worked up because then the client takes your stress and feels uncomfortable too.

214red

i have found that i have to say as i see, if not i over analyse and ruin the reading, i am not a subtle person in life so my readings are never going to be that either. this i have learnt is going to have to be my reading style, if not i lose the message.

i dont intend to scare people but i think that sometimes they need time to digest it, think i might have a disclaimer at the start of my readings!

Nik

Demon Goddess

214Red had the best answer without saying the words that were meant.

The beauty of tarot is that it is entirely personal. This is YOUR heart and YOUR light pulling the meanings out of the ether and presenting them to your client/sitter.

BE YOURSELF.

As a professional, your customer base will fill itself in accordingly.

balenciaga

And don't forget, the querent has a responsibility here as well. If they were not asking for a reading, they would not have to worry about the message - which may or may not be what they expect to hear.
Don't Shoot the Messenger applies.

WolfSpirit

If you have a reading that offers only bad news, maybe you could draw additional cards or do another (short) reading what the querent can do to feel better about themselves / make better choices in future / lift their spirits etc. (whatever is applicable in the situation) so you give your querents something positve and something they can work with and not feel so helpless, without giving them false hope.

I don’t read professionally but this is how I like to read for myself and friends. Maybe not all querents appreciate this approach but maybe you could offer it if a reading looks very bleak otherwise ?

Dave.vdv

Thank you all.

I do ask help sometimes, i don't know what to call it, something like the big it :)

Red i do see it the same as you when i'm concentrated on my cards sometimes it flaps out , plus that i'm not confident enough en try to do it to good doesn't make it fluid.
But i beleieve it will get better, if i get to understand the cards to better degree then i can spend more time to how the querent reacts and what i'm actually saying.

Your right i am what i am, and i will learn on the way...

I see many people ask things about the future or how the relationship is going at the moment and so on, i always try to slip in an advice card or two if it applies.

Umbrae

Dave.vdv said:
But there's the problem how do i bring it across to the people i read for, what's my responsebility, do i gently bring things or do i just spread out the harsh truth in a telegram style so they understand...

Hey – welcome to the real world. Yeah, they don't print books to help us with that do they?

Reading for others, is rarely explored in a non-biased manner. Reading for others requires tons of practice.

The main thing you’re searching for here – is your own voice.

Your own voice won’t scare people (well one or two perhaps), nor will it candy coat, nor will it speak in a phony accent, nor will it sound like a pitchman.
Dave.vdv said:
I wonder how many people walk away from a reading with a real intention of doing something with it, who feel empowered, this is much the responsibility of the querent i think but it will depend greatly on how you bring it to them.

And that’s how to tell a real reader from a phony. I’d rather have you read for me, with all of your self doubts, than a polished high priced ‘reader’.

It comes down to being able to voice your intention, with a loving firmness…

Drawing more cards, using a different deck, reading another book - none of them will assist you in communicating what's already there in front of you, to another person.

Nothing more than finding your own voice, and then voice your intention, with a loving firmness…

Dave.vdv

Thx Umbrea,

I do sometimes even doubt my intention, no good... , one thing that nike has right, just do it.
The weird thing is maybe i'm not afraid of the people that say hey this is all bull and your totally wrong, but the ones who gonna pack there bags and gonna change there lifes if that should ever happen, because of a reading from me, aldo it's probly just meant to be then.
Responsibility..., have to face it.

It's not that people expect miracles i hope, nor can i perform them.
I always forget people are like me... i'm people, well sort of .

It's an interesting path for sure.

SunChariot

Dave.vdv said:
You see the cards images and words are forming in your mind you see the connection and what it is all about, i'm not saying i can interpret the cards fully i still have a lot to learn, but i come to understand that's not the hardest part of reading for me.

So i feel i have to be confident about what i bring, and i have to feel the need to help them.
Experience...

But still different people react to different things,sometimes you need a friend sometimes a stranger, you kind of have to feel this intuitive.

So the cards say something and i say something how do you go about that ?

Well I don't know that anyone can give you a definitive right or wrong way, related to laying it all out there or being delicate with your words. Some people feel one way is best and others are equally sure the opposite approach is the right one. It really depends on your character, what you personally believe is right or wrong, and who you want to be and how you want to impact the world around you.

While I don't think anyone can give you that answer and I do believe it has to come from within, a very good rule of thumb is to imagine yourself in the role of the querent and think about how you would want to hear the news, how would you want to be treated and spoken to, and which method of giving the news do you feel would be most beneficial to you, if you were the querent.

Then just treat others as you would want to be treated.

As for the rest, I can only say that I personally feel that we should try to leave the querent in a better place then when we found them. They come to us for help so we should help. For example is someone needs our help becasue they feel scared, if we leave them feeling more scared than before something went wrong. If we are there to help, something should be improved for them after they are helped.

Maybe because I am a reader, but I personally want a reading to contain useful information that I can use to improve my life. And yes, something that will give me the power to improve things in a positive way. I am more interested in hearing how I can improve my future than to just hear what it is.

As for your last question:
"So the cards say something and i say something how do you go about that ?"
You just care about the people you are priviledged to be allowed to help and you follow your heart.

Babs