Sparkly Crystals

Sinduction

So, I've been trying to decide what crystals to add to my lithomancy set. My dream is to have them all be pocket sized skulls, but that will take me years. :D

I really like the goldstones, obviously, but also selenite, tigereye, citrine, and Lepidolite, and reticulated quartz as well. Anything that really catches the eye.

Would you care to share your favorite sparkly, eye-catching stones? My knowledge of stones is really limited and I'd love to have more to search for.

Thanks! :D

ruski_svet

That sounds like a crazy set you want to put together! I hope you can find something for that.

Fluorite stands out for me. You can get more transparent pieces that look like clear ocean water. Aquamarine, too, and the "higher grade" pieces of labradorite that have streaks of color.
Herkimers are totally *bling*! They sparkle like crazy.
Opal, I've only seen pics, but fire opal looks like it's live fire.
And those "aura" crystals. I think they're gold or some such fused onto crystals but I don't know if you'd want something enhanced by man.

Have fun!

aceofhearts

I spotted a thread on lithomancy here.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42389

I dont have a set myself as I use them only for healing.I had a citrine crystal skull at one time but its with someone else now. I find amethyst a lovely stone.

WishingWell

Oh, I love the aura crystals, enhanced though they are. The raspberry colored ones are especially pretty.

Another man-made rock that just dazzles me is the green goldstone. Sometimes, I just turn mine over in my hand, for several minutes, trying to see all the layers of sparkles inside.

As far as natural gemstones go, blue tourmaline (aka indicolite) is pretty spectacular, along with the pink/red/peach and sometimes purple variety of tourmaline (rubellite). Unfortunately, these stones cost a small fortune.

Garnets have always been of favorite of mine, also. The really clear, deep burgundy ones. They almost look appetizing. Like little currants.

Sinduction

Oooohhh you all have great suggestions. I have no problem with man-made stones. I just love shiny things.

I'm still trying to find that peacock ore, I think that's what it's called.

I didn't know goldstone came in green! I must find that as well.

Thanks to all of you! :D

Ambrosia

Sunstone is a lovely sunny colour with flecks of irridescence, kind of like labridorite but orange.