PDA

View Full Version : your "passion sign"

Ursula
04-01-2003, 00:49
i thought this was cool. it's really where Mars is when you're born, but how fun!

here's the link: http://love.astrology.com/Lspassion.html

this was mine:

Cancer
If you have Mars in Cancer, you may just be one of the few who are able to truly act out how you feel. Emotional, passionate, and creative, you can direct your energies in ways that nurture yourself and others. You are in tune with yourself, which provides you with the knowledge of what pleases you in life. This makes for a sensual romantic partner. You are also sensitive to the needs of the people around you, and willingly succeed in fulfilling them. Your memory is sharp and clear, and you are able to expend great energy in seeing something through to its end. Your endeavors are enriched by great imagination, but make sure you use it to your advantage! You offer emotional security to your lovers and are happiest when surrounded by an expressive partner.

ooo cool i just checked out my "love sign" too!

Scorpio
Those with Venus in Scorpio are the ones most likely to take a mystical, magical ride in the name of love. The fact that these folks are already mysterious serves to enhance the journey. Intense and powerful, those with this placement make for the most passionate and exciting of lovers. A bit naughty? You bet! That Scorpion in the House of Love can inflict a bite which will linger longer, and a darned sexy one at that. These are individuals who want it all: a connection on an intellectual, spiritual and physical level is the bare minimum. Added to that must be zest, fire and an intensity of epic proportions! With Venus in Scorpio, finding mates is not a problem. What will ensue, however, will be most interesting! Even so, these folks want their relationships to be keepers, valuing as they do a solid connection with a loyal partner. Anything short of this could break this lover's heart in two. That said, those with their Venus in Scorpio will be most blissful with someone who can match their passion and zest step for step. This game of love will be hot, but it's the end game which matters most.

(sorry if all this is a bit frivolous for this board--i'll know if no one replies, i guess! ;))

cheers!

~Urs :OL

amyel
04-01-2003, 04:09
I don't thiink it's silly at all. I love things like this - it drives home the point to me that astrology is so much more then our sun signs!

My passion sign is Leo. Hmmmm......seems awfully extravagent for me, especially in my current situation, but whatever!

meatbox666
04-01-2003, 07:12
One thing is sure about people with venus in scorpio:
It will seem like no can ever love them enough. I have a venus in scorpio and feel that way.

Minderwiz
04-01-2003, 07:49
Me too - to both parts!

perhaps we should get together and love ourselves LOL - Oh I forgot, my wife also has the same placement and got in first - now what do you make of a couple who both have Venus in Scorpio - one with Mars in Leo (me) and the other with Mars in Gemini?

reds97
04-01-2003, 09:48
Pisces
You are a highly sensitive being, usually able to actively connect your emotions to those around you. This ability makes you honest in your responses and reactions. You are sensitive, empathetic, and compassionate. Mars in the the sign of Pisces enables you to use tremendous energy towards helping and understanding others. It is important that you retain some of this innate love for others for yourself. You may have a hard time being decisive, leaving you overwhelmed with options. However, you have an artistic nature and are capable of expressing your multi-level experience of life through creativity. You may not especially enjoy confrontation or conflict, even when it can work to your benefit! Anyone who desires a romantic, sensual partner has definitely found perfection in you. You offer selflessness and affection to your lovers and are happiest when you and your partner are at peace.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

not too bad of a reading...
my rebel sign is scorpio

lunalafey
04-01-2003, 10:25
A bunch of us!!!! WOW..
Venus in Scorpio for me to....
One thing is sure about people with venus in scorpio: It will seem like no can ever love them enough.
I did once have some one love me perfectly....but death interviened......

Kazz
04-01-2003, 10:30
Well here is mine

Aries
If you have Mars in Aries you are probably as energetic as they come! You are innately bold, daring, and independent. You channel an enormous deal of energy, and are able to utilize this as you please. Impatience and impulsivity may hinder your ability to rationalize an action before charging forth. In your excitement, you rarely wait before doing anything, and others may be left confused in your dust! You are intensely courageous and emotionally straightforward. Your approach to love is fresh and unencumbered by analytical thought. Your actions are emotionally passionate, as well as your speech and the way you communicate. You have vibrant energy and enthusiasm. You are a tremendous amount of fun!

yep.. that's me!
although I am a pisces, but on the cusp of aries, would this be more of an aries thing rather than just my passion??

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

allibee
04-01-2003, 11:38
Passion sign:

This sounds a bit boring, an unpassionate passion in Virgo:

You are down to earth, and when you crave drama, you buy tickets to a play, not to a relationship! Logical, and disciplined, you probably have a knack of weeding out all the fluff and annoyance of needless pomp and circumstance. If your Mars is in Virgo, you most definitely will not be an emotional game player! You have an enthusiasm that cannot be matched when you've found a worthy cause. Your efforts are tireless, and you possess great mental skills that enable you to focus and therefore excel at whatever you do. You may be restless and need constant activity or thought to satiate your mind. Lovers may not compare to the ideal, but you are more than willing to expend some of your energy understanding the details of a real relationship! You offer support to your lovers and are happiest when others' intentions are made clear.

Love Sign:
Taurus
Venus, when placed in the sign of Taurus, denotes a romantic, affectionate lover and friend. Rich beauty and sensuality are attributed to this placement and your emotions are stable and dependable. A lover with Venus in Taurus is likely to be enraptured forever and will be more responsive and devoted as the commitments get heavier. You often have a penchant for the finer, more luxurious things in life.You may spend a lot of energy on obtaining possessions and material objects for emotional security. Often there is a talent or appreciation for creativity and culture of any realm. Opera, fine food, wine, performance, art, and music will be enjoyed immensely. You are blessed with the capacity to savor each moment to the fullest extent, and instinctively seek out the beauty in your surroundings. However, you may want to watch out for a possessive streak! You will be happiest in a relationship that provides you with a real sense of belonging and stability.

Possessive MOI? heheheheh

actually I was REALLY keen to see what my spirit sign was, and then they said I had to pay so poohey *SULK*
But it did say it was in relation to Neptune which is really good, so I looked on my natal and there it was:

Neptune in Scorpio

any ideas on that would be gratefully received!

allibee

Trish
04-01-2003, 12:43
Hmmm ... for me, it said Mars is in Gemini, and this is what it said about me:

Mars in Gemini brings almost insatiable curiosity to the intellectually blessed folk with this placement. You are extremely versatile, and your multiple interests are forever expanding. You are extremely open to new experiences and mental challenges, and are capable of directing your energies for cerebral searches. You would make an excellent lawyer or critic, as your observations are astute, and your communication is infused with your perpetual cleaver wit. You excel at asserting yourself through language, enabling you to talk your way into and out of any situation. As a lover, you are experimental, interesting, energetic and fun! An intellectually active partner would be perfect for you!

hehe ... I guess that's me. Dun know if I'm that great a critic though, but *shrugs*

Keslynn
04-01-2003, 16:10
I have Mars in Gemini too, and I'm pretty sure that I'm a born critic. But it's all constructive right? Right. ;) My Venus is in Cancer.

:) Kes

Ursula
05-01-2003, 06:32
i'm glad you guys were up for this!

i loved this part of Venus in Scorpio: "A bit naughty? You bet!"

LOL yeah that's me!!! ;)

funny that several of us are Venus in Scorpio! i really wonder if there are some astrological commonalities among people that are avid tarot-worshipers! it would be interesting to take a survey... hmmmm.....

~Urs :OL

Trish
05-01-2003, 08:20
I forgot to see where it said Venus was for me!

And guess what! I'm the oddball of the bunch, I suppose. For me, Venus is in Leo! :D

Here's what it says:

Venus In Leo

Venus in Leo is a sure sign of someone who is larger than life, at least where love is concerned. Showy, gregarious, loyal and extravagant only begin to describe this fun-seeking individual. These folks love to be loved and are hard to miss in any social situation, having a knack as they do for lighting up a room. The one thing these souls crave is someone who can appreciate what they're all about and love them for it. In return, plenty of love will be given back! A tendency to put themselves out there" can put those with this placement in a precarious position: if a relationship doesn't work out, will their ego be shattered? Perhaps, but only until the next big event and an opportunity to shine yet again! As long as the vibes are good, these happy folks make for a partner whose lust for life is unmatched. Dancing the night away? Yes, it's on the dance card, along with romantic weekends, heartfelt sentiments and tender touches. A match with someone touched by Venus in Leo is likely to be filled with expression and acceptance and will no doubt be an endless party. Get those dancin' shoes ready!

Oh yeah! C'est moi all over! LOL!

HeyElan
09-01-2003, 06:34
This thing had me pegged as a Mars in Virgo, when I've been professionally drawn up several times - and checked myself - to be a Mars in LEO.

Let the reader beware.

Jennifer

Minderwiz
10-01-2003, 07:14
Jennifer,

I notice you posted your date of birth in your member details and you certainly do have Mars in Leo (Retrograde), Mars crossed back from Virgo into Leo over a week before you were born.

I tested the date on the website just to see if it was a 'one off' error and like you I got Virgo as your Mars sign.

so the computer prog used on the site has an error in its calculation of retrograde cycles and anyone with Mars retrograde near the cusp of a sign could get a false reading.

Thanks for letting us know

HeyElan
10-01-2003, 14:05
Happy to help!

rainwolf
22-10-2005, 19:26
Unintentionally bumping the thread...

Mine is in pisces, I won't post what was posted before about it.

And about the previous scorpio thing, I'm suprised so many had this placement of venus, and how true that statement was :-X

Grigori
22-10-2005, 19:38
Mars in Leo and Venus in Gemini... I think that makes me bit of a sl*t. :eek: hmmm...

Lucky Mars in Leo! You are overflowing with passion, love of life, and personal magnetism! Your flamboyance and grand nature is rarely matched, and you love the attention you attract. Love is fun, and appreciation of the bigger and better things in life will always be yours. Your energies are often organized and directed. You would make an excellent lover, as it gratifies you to see others enjoying themselves with the same intensity you do. You are creative and playful, and of course, passionate about it all! In matters of the heart, protect yourself from your own ego! It means well, but is so enthusiastic and powerful, it may begin to disrupt you and your partners' domestic bliss! You are willful, so just a little bit of effort will go a long way! You offer generosity to your lovers and are happiest when your love is reciprocated.

Want to know how to spot someone with Venus in Gemini? It's that person who is happily chatting up everyone at a cocktail party, a succession of flirtations and entreaties at their disposal. Those with this placement are wise and witty and always the life of a party. They are also friendly and engaging and often seek out others with those same qualities, enjoying a mirror image of themselves. Flexibility and an expansive mind are also hallmarks of someone with their Venus in Gemini, and that razor's edge can lead to all sorts of delicious situations. Fancy staying up all night talking to your lover in a candlelit room with the essence of violet and juniper perfuming the air? Then the person with Gemini in their House of Love is the one for you! A note of caution, though: these talkers can also be tricksters, delighting in being a tantalizing tease. Potential mates who can take it as well as dish it back, however, should start lining up. Those with Venus in Gemini have the most restless of minds and inquiring natures, so their ideal partner is one who will always keep them guessing. How's that for a mating dance?

rcb30872
22-10-2005, 19:54
My passion sign is Virgo
You are down to earth, and when you crave drama, you buy tickets to a play, not to a relationship! Logical, and disciplined, you probably have a knack of weeding out all the fluff and annoyance of needless pomp and circumstance. If your Mars is in Virgo, you most definitely will not be an emotional game player! You have an enthusiasm that cannot be matched when you've found a worthy cause. Your efforts are tireless, and you possess great mental skills that enable you to focus and therefore excel at whatever you do. You may be restless and need constant activity or thought to satiate your mind. Lovers may not compare to the ideal, but you are more than willing to expend some of your energy understanding the details of a real relationship! You offer support to your lovers and are happiest when others' intentions are made clear.
My love sign is Cancer
Having Venus in Cancer makes one highly receptive to love, a seeker of amorous situations both real and unreal. Why is that? Those with this placement are emotional beings full of life and love, and if a match isn't at the ready, they'll just create one in their own fertile minds. The creativity and imagination of these individuals will serve them very well once a relationship is in place, so their lovers are in for a treat! Is a union filled with fantasy, make-believe and the joy and wonderment of a child what you crave? Well then, seek out that kindred spirit with Cancer in their House of Love. Play dates, and dates in general, will never be the same! When the Crab rules the game of love, it's a sweet bite, indeed. Nurturing and sympathetic, these kindly souls are likely to have a retinue of friends who are giving and true, just like them. At times, there may be mood swings which are just a response to a touchy and somewhat unsettled situation. Most of all, what lovers guided by Cancer need is emotional security from their mate. If this can be achieved, every day will be a parade for this blessed duo!

Bec

huredriel
22-10-2005, 23:33
My Mars is in Leo :) but my Venus is in Virgo ...... sigh

prudence
23-10-2005, 02:13
Well here is mine

Aries
If you have Mars in Aries you are probably as energetic as they come! You are innately bold, daring, and independent. You channel an enormous deal of energy, and are able to utilize this as you please. Impatience and impulsivity may hinder your ability to rationalize an action before charging forth. In your excitement, you rarely wait before doing anything, and others may be left confused in your dust! You are intensely courageous and emotionally straightforward. Your approach to love is fresh and unencumbered by analytical thought. Your actions are emotionally passionate, as well as your speech and the way you communicate. You have vibrant energy and enthusiasm. You are a tremendous amount of fun!

yep.. that's me!
although I am a pisces, but on the cusp of aries, would this be more of an aries thing rather than just my passion??

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

this sounds like my natal makeup...mars is in aries, and my venus is in Pisces (my sun is at 00 deg PIS, so it is right on that cusp too)...

isthmus nekoi
23-10-2005, 04:32
Similia - my bf has the opposite (Mars in Gemini, Venus in Leo) and he is strangely monogamous.... Strangely to this Mars in Aquarius, Venus in Sagittarius gal!

rainwolf
23-10-2005, 05:50
Mars in Leo and Venus in Gemini... I think that makes me bit of a sl*t. :eek: hmmm...

Hahaha--I'm glad I bumped the thread so I could hear THAT. LOL

Sunburst
23-10-2005, 09:04
Venus and Mars in Leo for me!

Venus in Leo is a sure sign of someone who is larger than life, at least where love is concerned. Showy, gregarious, loyal and extravagant only begin to describe this fun-seeking individual. These folks love to be loved and are hard to miss in any social situation, having a knack as they do for lighting up a room. The one thing these souls crave is someone who can appreciate what they're all about and love them for it. In return, plenty of love will be given back! A tendency to put themselves out there" can put those with this placement in a precarious position: if a relationship doesn't work out, will their ego be shattered? Perhaps, but only until the next big event and an opportunity to shine yet again! As long as the vibes are good, these happy folks make for a partner whose lust for life is unmatched. Dancing the night away? Yes, it's on the dance card, along with romantic weekends, heartfelt sentiments and tender touches. A match with someone touched by Venus in Leo is likely to be filled with expression and acceptance and will no doubt be an endless party. Get those dancin' shoes ready!

Lucky Mars in Leo! You are overflowing with passion, love of life, and personal magnetism! Your flamboyance and grand nature is rarely matched, and you love the attention you attract. Love is fun, and appreciation of the bigger and better things in life will always be yours. Your energies are often organized and directed. You would make an excellent lover, as it gratifies you to see others enjoying themselves with the same intensity you do. You are creative and playful, and of course, passionate about it all! In matters of the heart, protect yourself from your own ego! It means well, but is so enthusiastic and powerful, it may begin to disrupt you and your partners' domestic bliss! You are willful, so just a little bit of effort will go a long way! You offer generosity to your lovers and are happiest when your love is reciprocated.

Yep, that sounds like me! :)

Sunburst

Grigori
23-10-2005, 12:33
Similia - my bf has the opposite (Mars in Gemini, Venus in Leo) and he is strangely monogamous.... Strangely to this Mars in Aquarius, Venus in Sagittarius gal!

Yeah actually I am also. I think that the venus in Gemini traits are a bit muted in me by other things. But I really liked that website. I did all the tests and it was useful to think about for this beginner astrologer.

isthmus nekoi
24-10-2005, 04:24
Hm... I have to disagree w/this excerpt of the site's assessment of Mars in Aquarius:

"... You have a strong desire for independence and freedom. This planetary placing has been said to produce more originality and unconventional flair than any other. You are easily bored with routine and are a bit erratic when it comes to your personal life and how to live it. After all, there are so many options, and aren't they all worth a try?..."

It's clear from the interpretation that the author(s) is really thinking about Uranus as Aquarius' ruler and forgotten about Saturn's traditional rulership and the fixed nature of the Aquarian sign. Aquarius is FIXED and so no, spontenaity and choosing all options are not traits I can related to in terms of my Mars energy. When Mars is activated, I can be super focused, quite stubborn and not inclined towards wacky surprizes.

PlatinumDove
24-10-2005, 07:47
My passion sign:
Leo

My love sign:
Scorpio
Those with Venus in Scorpio are the ones most likely to take a mystical, magical ride in the name of love. The fact that these folks are already mysterious serves to enhance the journey. Intense and powerful, those with this placement make for the most passionate and exciting of lovers. A bit naughty? You bet! That Scorpion in the House of Love can inflict a bite which will linger longer, and a darned sexy one at that. These are individuals who want it all: a connection on an intellectual, spiritual and physical level is the bare minimum. Added to that must be zest, fire and an intensity of epic proportions! With Venus in Scorpio, finding mates is not a problem. What will ensue, however, will be most interesting! Even so, these folks want their relationships to be keepers, valuing as they do a solid connection with a loyal partner. Anything short of this could break this lover's heart in two. That said, those with their Venus in Scorpio will be most blissful with someone who can match their passion and zest step for step. This game of love will be hot, but it's the end game which matters most.

rainwolf
24-10-2005, 11:15
It's clear from the interpretation that the author(s) is really thinking about Uranus as Aquarius' ruler and forgotten about Saturn's traditional rulership and the fixed nature of the Aquarian sign. Aquarius is FIXED and so no, spontenaity and choosing all options are not traits I can related to in terms of my Mars energy. When Mars is activated, I can be super focused, quite stubborn and not inclined towards wacky surprizes.
Good reminder about the saturn effect on aquarius, I almost forgot about that co-rulership.

BlueLotus
24-10-2005, 13:55
I have my passin sign in Scorpio which I share with celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey, and Leonardo Di Caprio. Here goes:

Scorpio
If you have Mars in Scorpio, you may have been told that you are magnetic, extremely desirable, and very intense. You are capable of reaching into the depths of human experience and bringing them forth in a concise and controlled way. Determined and self reliant, you are courageous and have no qualms about going after what you want. A little bit of James Bond may lurk somewhere in your soul, providing you with fabulous foolproof plan after plan, one always more ingenious than the next. You may even outwit yourself at times! You are able to remain focused in situations that take patience and perseverance. You are powerful and transformative. Overwhelming odds can be overcome by someone with this placement! You offer emotional depth to your relationships and are happiest when others provide you with what you are seeking.

My love sign, however is in Capricorn and that will supposedly balance/cool things off a bit, or at least make them less obvious :laugh: Here:

Capricorn
Having Venus in Capricorn is a sure sign that the game of love will not be rushed. A better question might be whether things will get off the ground at all! Those graced by this placement are cautious to the core, not ones to jump into love or meander through various flings. Rather, the tender care of another is what will bring this lover into full bloom. That said, once insecurities and fear of rejection are shoved aside, those with their Venus in Capricorn can be loyal and true lovers who will work hard at making their relationship click. Don't expect a fountain of feelings to flow from these folks, however; expect them instead to be relatively private, albeit sensualists in the right situation. That situation is likely to be one where emotional and financial security is virtually guaranteed. Now that's not too much to ask, is it? Well, hard worker that the Goat is, those with this placement can expect to spend much of their time doing the work which will ultimately lead to relationship bliss. The fruits of this labor? A faithful and devoted lover. Not bad!

psychic sue
24-10-2005, 22:58
Aquarius
You are most likely a born rebel, with or without a cause! Are people surprised by your natural instinctive behavior? Mars in Aquarius renders you highly experimental, unorthodox, and independent. You express yourself in any way you see fit, and probably are unaware of how eccentric you actually are. You have a strong desire for independence and freedom. This planetary placing has been said to produce more originality and unconventional flair than any other. You are easily bored with routine and are a bit erratic when it comes to your personal life and how to live it. After all, there are so many options, and aren't they all worth a try? In relationships, you enjoy experimentation, and lots of spontaneous activity! You offer excitement and variety to your relationships and are happiest when you and your partner are friends as well as lovers.

That sums me up very well! All my friends say I am a nutty eccentric!

Chubby Mummy
25-10-2005, 05:37
Mars in Cancer!!

Venus in leo... nooooooo!!

xxx

prudence
25-10-2005, 07:08
oops, forgot to add my other part!! Funny, my mars placement is shared with the likes of Clint Eastwood, and get this...Monica Lewinsky!!!!

Pisces
Those with their Venus in Pisces are often in love with the notion of being in love. Not very real, eh? Call it fantasy if you will, but those enjoying this placement are sensitive, compassionate and romantic souls who simply march to the beat of a different drummer. Much like the Fish who grace their House of Love, these folks love to swim in the sea of love. It's wet, wild and wonderful in there! Even so, this intense desire to be in love can lead to seeing what they want to see, not what is really there. How can this be? Isn't love supposed to be beautiful and true? Once again, a bit of fantasy mixed with reality, but that's what happens when Venus is visited by Pisces. As well, those with their Venus in Pisces see love and sexuality as spiritual experiences: a state of love is not worth achieving unless it is accompanied by complete transcendence and bliss. Not everyone can swim in this sea, but for those who can, it's a complete experience. Having your Venus in Pisces may mean that you spend a lot of time explaining yourself, especially where affairs of the heart are concerned. That's okay, because these people would only want to be with someone who appreciates, and understands, their often misunderstood soul.

trinityangel
25-10-2005, 09:15
Venus in Scorpio,

Mars in Leo.

How much excitement, loyalty, attention and everything can one want!!!! :-)

paradoxx
25-10-2005, 12:45
Mars in Gemini, Venus in Cancer, intellectual, sensitive, curious, but humble. takes a while to get inside my shell.

Sophie-David
26-10-2005, 06:21
My Mars is at 0 deg 21' 21" Sagittarius, and the program erroneously placed my Mars in Scorpio - definitely not me! Minderwiz pointed out this problem with Mars on the cusp in Post #14 . It would be best to check your actual Mars position at Astrodienst (http://www.astro.com/) if you are in any doubt - this free site can display and print your complete chart.

By pretending I was born a day later the program gave me the correct result for the Passion Sign, Mars in Sagittarius:
If you have Mars in Sagittarius you are most likely to be loads of fun! You have an inner integrity that is backed up by an honest and very integrated expression. You speak your mind clearly and strive to remain true to your idealistic sense of how people can relate to one another. You are adventuresome, and love freedom in all forms. Your active and carefree nature attracts multitudes, your excitement being almost impossible to quell. This type of energy can be contagious and will spread like wildfire. In love, you are in tune with both your spiritual nature, and your very strongly felt animal appetites. You infuse the two, bringing this so called duality together through physical expression. You are curious and expend a lot of your energy through endless discovery. You offer spontaneity to your relationships and are happiest when you find your kindred spirit. Which is accurate as far as it goes, but like all of these analyses, does not bring out the negatives - in this case the restlessness and craving for further and ever more intense adventures.

For my Love Sign, here is Venus in Aquarius:
Can you say New Age? Yes, when it's Venus in Aquarius, it's definitely the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, which in this case means a delight in utter experimentation into new and uncharted territories of love. Can you handle it? Well, these folks surely can, and they wouldn't have it any other way. Unconventional, outrageous and willing to try anything once, this is the roller-coaster ride in the Midway of Love! Those with this placement seek thinkers as well as adventurers, and if they're rolled into one attractive package, all the better. See, it's physique which adds to the mystique here, and those with their Venus in Aquarius consider a beautiful body (theirs and anyone else's) as a prerequisite to love. This aesthetic isn't a be-all, end-all, however. The mind game at work with this placement could challenge anyone! Having Venus in Aquarius means a steady dose of emotional highs and lows, a few sensible and many not. That's the beauty of living in a dream world! Those graced by this placement where affairs of the heart are concerned make the most compassionate and humanitarian of lovers, however they are well served to seek out a mate who can appreciate their unique outlook on life - and love! Again, this overly rosy picture does not sufficiently emphasize the core truth that for this planetary expression, love is a head game. This Venus loves to have friends but is afraid of physical intimacy: she is in some respects in detriment in this air sign.

Notice how this Venus and Mars are superficially harmonius - having idealism, adventure and spontaneity in common - fire draws in air, and air fans the flames of fire. This makes for a wonderful love affair. But in the long term, each may tend to feel betrayed, Mars by her arbitrary mind games, Venus by his demanding physicality and emotion. The integration of these two, who in my chart are in square, remains an unresolved challenge.

darwinia
26-10-2005, 07:42
Well, I don't believe in astrology, but David did it, so I'm going to do it! (I refuse to buy the Triple Goddess though David until you buy the Voices of Saints deck. Saint Januarius awaits you my friend.)

I am Mars in Pisces for Passion Sign

Honest, sensitive, artistic, indecisive and overwhelmed by options. I don't enjoy conflict and confrontation, and I am romantic, sensual, and affectionate. Very true but I am not selfless--I am very self-centred. Oh well, not bad.

And I am Venus in Cancer for Love Sign

"Those with this placement are emotional beings full of life and love, and if a match isn't at the ready, they'll just create one in their own fertile minds."

That's pretty good!! Carl Jung would wag his finger at my projections.

More creativity and imagination and the wonderment of a child. Mood swings and the need for emotional security. Very true. My new favourite imaginative lover-like thing lately is to shout at the spouse: "WHY, why am I thinking about Betty Rubble?" He never knows what's going to happen, poor guy.

"Flintstones, meet the Flintstones. . ." Lalalala.

isthmus nekoi
26-10-2005, 08:41
Again, this overly rosy picture does not sufficiently emphasize the core truth that for this planetary expression, love is a head game. This Venus loves to have friends but is afraid of physical intimacy: she is in some respects in detriment in this air sign.

Notice how this Venus and Mars are superficially harmonius - having idealism, adventure and spontaneity in common - fire draws in air, and air fans the flames of fire. This makes for a wonderful love affair. But in the long term, each may tend to feel betrayed, Mars by her arbitrary mind games, Venus by his demanding physicality and emotion. The integration of these two, who in my chart are in square, remains an unresolved challenge.

Interesting, Sophie-David, I have the exact opposite as you (Venus in Sag, Mars in Aquarius). They aren't in aspect however. I can't say that the air/fire makes me view love as a "head-game" (maybe it's my strong Saturn - he's not the biggest fan of games). If anything, you could say I like too much physical contact. In the past I've "led people on" w/this. Egalitarian Aquarius coupled (who likes to see both genders as equals) coupled with a passionate, demonstrative Sag led to a lot of misunderstandings as my instinct is to touch and interact w/men as if they were my girlfriends. It never occured to me for example, that patting someone's thighs would be considered a come on; it still seems like a simple, friendly, nonsexual gesture to me - it is b/w us girls anyways! Oh well - I've learned to tone down the "flirtation". :D

star-lover
26-10-2005, 08:53
mars in cancer here too.....tetchy irritable moody explosive sometimes -cling on/tenacious material/romantic

venus in last degree of libra 29 53

shine on jupiter transit before yea get to scorpio LOL only a few more minutes left :)

bye bye after that

x

Sophie-David
26-10-2005, 11:16
Interesting, Sophie-David, I have the exact opposite as you (Venus in Sag, Mars in Aquarius). They aren't in aspect however. I can't say that the air/fire makes me view love as a "head-game" (maybe it's my strong Saturn - he's not the biggest fan of games). If anything, you could say I like too much physical contact. In the past I've "led people on" w/this. Egalitarian Aquarius coupled (who likes to see both genders as equals) coupled with a passionate, demonstrative Sag led to a lot of misunderstandings as my instinct is to touch and interact w/men as if they were my girlfriends. It never occured to me for example, that patting someone's thighs would be considered a come on; it still seems like a simple, friendly, nonsexual gesture to me - it is b/w us girls anyways! Oh well - I've learned to tone down the "flirtation". :DHi Isthmus

Oh, this is intriguing, we would certainly have quite opposite instincts about romance and love! I'm quite sure that Venus in Sagittarius would not see love as a head-game at all! In Sagittarius she would be warm and passionate, where in Aquarius she is friendly but somewhat superficial and detached. Mars in Aquarius would be very outgoing and friendly, and Venus could quite naturally follow up with physicality and intimacy. You would tend to have quite the opposite relational gifts - and pitfalls - to mine.

Interesting you should mention Saturn, with my Ascendent and Sun in Capricorn I also have a very strong Saturn, and in addition he is conjunct that Sagittarian Mars. Saturn can stabilize and often repress this fiery and impulsive Mars, but once the self as a whole gets sufficiently motivated, Saturn gives this Mars the determination of a crusader. Hence I very much enjoy long distance walks and climbs (since Capricorn goes step-by-step) in journeys of discovery, pushing myself beyond the limits towards a Sagi-Capricorn ideal. At this point in the process Aquarian Venus is completely tuned out, but if the goal is sufficiently unorthodox, it does give her something to talk about before and after! ;)

Cheers - David

Sophie-David
26-10-2005, 15:54
Well, I don't believe in astrology, but David did it, so I'm going to do it! (I refuse to buy the Triple Goddess though David until you buy the Voices of Saints deck. Saint Januarius awaits you my friend.)
OK, enough of that! ;) I was trying to send you a suitably saucy email in response but your address kept getting rejected. Please send me an email so we can reopen a hailing channel! :D

rainwolf
26-10-2005, 17:12
Just a note; when i was doing my passion signs, the mars sign was incorrect as it gave me mars in aquarius, so I had to change it to pisces. Um, this makes a huge difference LOL.

Just wanted to share that with everyone so you didnt get the wrong one like I did the first time; not every site has a completely accurate ephemeris.

In Sagittarius she would be warm and passionate, where in Aquarius she is friendly but somewhat superficial and detached.

I just want to agree with you :) I have a moon in aquarius and this makes me a little *ahem* detached emotionally from many things. It's placed in my 8th house which makes it all the more interesting.

Cathrine
27-10-2005, 11:05
My passion sign is Leo (Mars in Leo).

My love sign is Scorpio (Venus in Scorpio). My Venus is retrograde though ... Anyone have any insights on that?

prudence
27-10-2005, 11:53

My love sign is Scorpio (Venus in Scorpio). My Venus is retrograde though ... Anyone have any insights on that?

wonder if it means anything that so many here have this same lineup....This one seems to be so common, what are the odds of so many with this?

paradoxx
27-10-2005, 17:25

this site http://www.khaldea.com/planets/venus_lx.shtml has some indepth interpretation of venus direct and retrograde.

isthmus nekoi
28-10-2005, 16:05
Hi Isthmus

Oh, this is intriguing, we would certainly have quite opposite instincts about romance and love! I'm quite sure that Venus in Sagittarius would not see love as a head-game at all! In Sagittarius she would be warm and passionate, where in Aquarius she is friendly but somewhat superficial and detached. Mars in Aquarius would be very outgoing and friendly, and Venus could quite naturally follow up with physicality and intimacy. You would tend to have quite the opposite relational gifts - and pitfalls - to mine.

Interesting you should mention Saturn, with my Ascendent and Sun in Capricorn I also have a very strong Saturn, and in addition he is conjunct that Sagittarian Mars. Saturn can stabilize and often repress this fiery and impulsive Mars, but once the self as a whole gets sufficiently motivated, Saturn gives this Mars the determination of a crusader. Hence I very much enjoy long distance walks and climbs (since Capricorn goes step-by-step) in journeys of discovery, pushing myself beyond the limits towards a Sagi-Capricorn ideal. At this point in the process Aquarian Venus is completely tuned out, but if the goal is sufficiently unorthodox, it does give her something to talk about before and after! ;)

Cheers - David

David,

It looks like our charts have quite a bit in common - I'm also a Cap sun, Aquarian ASC though - although this also makes Saturn my chart ruler. Saturn trines my Mars so coupled w/the fixed air energy I can possess a determined drive that is very enduring. e.g. I can sit myself down and make myself write an essay in a day, or learn a new piano song etc.

And I see I misinterpreted you. I thought you were implying that fire/air was shallower (e.g. not taking love seriously) than earth/water, a common stereotypical observation about signs. That's a spot on analysis you have there. I would add that in both our cases, considering our Saturns, the Aquarian energy also affords a healthy dose of objectivity/realism which is lacking in optimistic Sag.

rainwolf
28-10-2005, 16:52
wonder if it means anything that so many here have this same lineup....This one seems to be so common, what are the odds of so many with this?
I believe that venus only travels a few signs away from the sun at all times, so it means that we are all around the same birthdate and sign.

Crystelle
02-11-2005, 01:18
Also taking a look at venus can give you more information....

Mine:
Mars in Virgo

Aquarius
Can you say New Age? Yes, when it's Venus in Aquarius, it's definitely the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, which in this case means a delight in utter experimentation into new and uncharted territories of love. Can you handle it? Well, these folks surely can, and they wouldn't have it any other way. Unconventional, outrageous and willing to try anything once, this is the roller-coaster ride in the Midway of Love! Those with this placement seek thinkers as well as adventurers, and if they're rolled into one attractive package, all the better. See, it's physique which adds to the mystique here, and those with their Venus in Aquarius consider a beautiful body (theirs and anyone else's) as a prerequisite to love. This aesthetic isn't a be-all, end-all, however. The mind game at work with this placement could challenge anyone! Having Venus in Aquarius means a steady dose of emotional highs and lows, a few sensible and many not. That's the beauty of living in a dream world! Those graced by this placement where affairs of the heart are concerned make the most compassionate and humanitarian of lovers, however they are well served to seek out a mate who can appreciate their unique outlook on life - and love!

LOL my natal chart says that I find relationships difficult to commit to, which could be why I have never been in one for more than a year! I just get bored!!!

squeakmo9
12-11-2005, 11:29
My passion sign is mars in libra giving me an appreciation for an articulate, expressive partner. I am suppose to be a romantic, though I feel more like an idealist.
I do agree with the handling of anger in a diplomatic way, I detest confrontation. I've heard this aspect as being decribed as "the warrior goes to charm school" effect.

Princess_Lucy
14-11-2005, 14:32
Both Mars and Venus in Aries!!!! Can it get much more full on?!! LOL

GoddessArtemis
14-11-2005, 18:01
Mars and Venus, both in Taurus. Not that I'm willful, stubborn, persistent, a touch possesive, or headstrong...or anything.

Now about that Venus in Scorpio...it's TRUE! NO one seems to love them enough. My ex has that placement and I loved her A LOT. She always said, "But I don't think you do." Literally, I'd lasso the moon for her and she'd still doubt me. But Scorpio is also in detriment in Venus...so, it brings out the negative qualities of the sign.

Also, Mars in Gemini people...funny as all HECK and amusing and interesting, but they flip flop with their feelings and can't ever make up their mind. They usually have a lot of nervous energy and seem uncomfortable in expressing their feelings (of course, depends on other placements).

I'm thinking, my Mars and Venus in Taurus is rockin'. Plus, Taurus is exalted in Venus...so it's one of the best placements you could ask for!!

GA

star-lover
15-11-2005, 04:43
goddessartemis i know the mars in gemini thing, my dad has it and hes always so hyper lol
cancer as well so well crabby

very good at diy though and fixing things and figuring out what needs doing and how to do it
very logical way of going about things can dissect and problem solve really well

re the venus in scorpio being in detriment in general i dont know if i subscribe to that theory - venus in scorpio can be what its all about really - pluto connection - think of venus/pluto
the real stuff

venus in libra supposed to be better at home - sorry - thats so namby pamby in my books - dont worry i have that placement lol and i'd rather the real goo than the fluffy stuff any day
wouldnt mind mix of both actually pmsl in equal measure

just my 2p

xx

rcb30872
15-11-2005, 10:54
I have a book, that I have had for some time, and in this book it has a website address. The book is called "Love Signs & You: The Ultimate Astrological to Love, Sex and Relationships" by Seven World-renowned Astrologers, Published by The Five Mile Press Pty Ltd, the website is:
http://www.lovesignsandyou.com

For example, my Venus sign in Cancer, along with my sun sign of Virgo it says It would be hard to find a more helpful and caring partner than you. You enjoy doing things for loved ones and work hard to make their lives easier. Whether you're tending the hearth fires or bringing home the bacon - or both - you do your vest to build a secure relationship and domestic life.

At times, your head and heart may be at odd. You might like to stand back and analyse a partnership as if were a spreadsheet, but your emotions sometimes get the upper hand. In a stable relationship, you can overcome feelings of insecurity and "go with the flow".

Sensitive and passive, you might let a partner call the shots - at least it appears that way from the outside. Like the puppet master, however, you're probably the on who holds the strings that keeps things running smoothly. You aren't pushy, but you usually get your way
And with Mars in Virgo with my sun sign in Virgo
Even when sparked by desire, your aloofness can eclipse your enigmatic sensulity. Your hidden passions are stirred by a sure, steady suitor - you only reveal the deeper layers over time. The promise of true love fuels your fantasies, and once in love, you soften into the ease of intimacy.

Little is left to chance in your life - you rest easy when a night out has been pre-planned. Making reservations at a quiet refined restaurant appeals to your organised mind. Lifted from worry, you can fully dwell in the moment. You savour each morsel of food and each nuance of the night's entertainment.

A lover who distracts you from daily cares discovers a well of passionate earthiness. Sharing a playful bath sets a mood of relaxation. You employ your active mind in the bedroom by researching sexual techniques. Reading classic erotica while snuggling with your lover appeals to your literate tastes
I agree with the Venus in Cancer and the sun sign in Virgo, but not necessarily with the Mars in Virgo and the sun sign in Virgo.

Bec

PS, I'm not sure if you can get any information from the website, just had a quick look! :(

aria
16-11-2005, 04:50
my mars is in libra and venus in scorpio...hows tht????

yorickbrown
01-01-2006, 05:10
i have mars in cancer and venus in mars.

i am seriously passionate and fall in love very quickly

drug
01-01-2006, 20:48
I have pisces in Mars. and Gemini in Venus ;DD

Those with Venus in Gemini have the most restless of minds and inquiring natures, so their ideal partner is one who will always keep them guessing. How's that for a mating dance?

Those with this placement are wise and witty and always the life of a party. They are also friendly and engaging and often seek out others with those same qualities, enjoying a mirror image of themselves.