Inner Ear Infection.. anything natural ?

memries

Guess my ear is in a mess. I finished one round of antibiotics and now will be getting another plus drops. However, I am thinking there must be something natural out there to take as well since I am great believer in natural herbs.

Thanks ahead of time if you have any ideas. Or, even, Hey ... A Crystal ?

memries

Guess my ear is in a mess. I finished one round of antibiotics and now will be getting another plus drops. However, I am thinking there must be something natural out there to take as well since I am great believer in natural herbs.

Thanks ahead of time if you have any ideas. Or, even, Hey ... A Crystal ?

The good part is I am not in pain just annoyed at being inconvenienced and I cannot hear out of that ear very much. The sound is distorted.

Louise Hay says ears mean there is something you don't want to hear and that is true.. lots around here I don't care if I hear or not but not any drastic sounds thank goodness.

aceofhearts

not too sure I have a blocked ear with flu. I did find this on googling
Earache- Amber, Amazonite. I will be taking the vit c and garlic.

celticnoodle

memries, i recall mom telling us to put a few drops, (two or 3) of white vinegar, (a cure all & handy dandy house cleaner too! ) into each ear with the infection. then swallow to make sure the white vinegar gets in deep into the canal. then lay down or tilt your head for any excess to drain out of the ear before doing this the 2nd ear. suppose to help any infection clear up as well as any pain or itch associated with the infection.

however, before doing anything like this, you should really consult a physician,as it may or may not cause other problems, I don't know.

I do know that when I use to take care of seniors in VT, there was this one elderly couple who lived with a friend that helped to take care of them. this friend was their age or older, but looked a good 20 years younger, and was most definately more spry and in great health! she told me it was because every day of her life, she drank 1tsp. of white vinegar in an 8oz. glass of water. it cured all and she was never ill! i tried it once--awful taste! ick. but, i've heard of white vinegar being a cure all, so if you can stand the initial taste of it--it just may help keep you healthy and strong too!

memries

Hello Celticnoodle.. I cannot use the vinegar in my ear at the moment because I have medical drops, etc. but I sure can take some vinegar and drink it. I always liked vinegar. A good idea and I will try it.

OOnaOwl

if you can manage to avoid eating things that aggravate the inflammation it can speed up the healing process. Inflammatory foods to stay away from include: sugar, dairy, meat, wheat, soy, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peanuts, alcohol, processed foods. these are all foods that increase an acidic enviroment in the body, making it more prone to dis-ease. like many other illnesses, rest and plenty of liquids is very beneficial. the vinegar drink is excellent for restoring an alkaline balance in the body. Just one tablespoon in a glass of water first thing in the a.m. and before every meal if you can stand it. it can be hard on tooth enamel so make sure to rinse your mouth with fresh water afterwards.
ear infections are often linked to food sensitivities if they are recurring. hope you feel better soon!

memries

Thanks Oonaowl.. I wondered if the vinegar was alkaline. I will do that and try to avoid all the foods you have listed. Most of them anyway as much as I can.

I am not in pain it is just a darn nuisance so that part is good. Also I don't want to lose any more hearing in that ear.

OOnaOwl

warming sock hydrotherapy for ears,etc.

also the warming sock treatment is really great for drawing the energy downwards and out of the body.this is a very traditional hydrotherapy treatment for upper body ailments including ears. it is practically free, too! this should be done just before bedtime. you can do it every night until you feel relief.you will need: one pair of cotton socks, one pair of woolen socks, a pan or tub for warm water to cover your feet, & a fridge or freezer. Take the cotton socks and get them wet and wring out until the are still wet but not dripping. put them in the fridge or freezer to cool. then fill your pan or tub with enough tolerably hot water to cover your feet for 15 minutes. soak your feet for 15 minutes. then you get the cold cotton socks and woolen socks and don the cotton socks with the wool ones on top. it sounds awful but really isn't, i swear.then go straight to bed. overnight your feet will dry the cotton socks as the hot energy is drawn down there. this really works, i have used it myself for years! i worked at a health food store with a naturopath for a long time and they always told people to do this.

zannamarie

memries said:
Louise Hay says ears mean there is something you don't want to hear and that is true.. lots around here I don't care if I hear or not but not any drastic sounds thank goodness.
I was going to ask the question if there was something you didn't want to hear that you were trying to block out, but it appears that thought crossed your mind.

If there's lots you don't want to hear, maybe that's why it's not clearing up?

I seem to recall inner ear infections affects one's balance. Are you feeling unbalanced? Maybe a home situation is changing (or not when you wanted it to change)?

Just some ideas. Hope you feel better soon. :love: