what i want to hear.

xoxo_iris

i'm convinced my cards are reading my thoughts and telling me what i want to hear. how do i make this stop?

phoenixblu

xoxo_iris said:
i'm convinced my cards are reading my thoughts and telling me what i want to hear. how do i make this stop?

u could just be
another reader who cant read for themselves :)

starrystarrynight

I think this happens a lot when you are trying to read for yourself. Maybe you could try reading for a headline in the news--something you know nothing about as far as what the outcome will be. And then check it out later to see how it really goes down to see how you did on your reading about it.

SunChariot

xoxo_iris said:

Stop wanting to hear a specific outcome, just want the truth and know that whatever that truth is it will be what you most need to hear.

If the news is good, then great.

If it's not even better. That means you have the chance to change and correct the situation. If you did not know you were headed somewhere you would prefer not to go, then you would not take any action to change and one day you'd wake up and there you'd be. Isn't it better to know so you can change paths and avoid going there??? That kind of answer is a gift that lets you create something more positive.

You just have to tell yourself you don't care what the cards say as long as they give you truth. And then you can work from there.

I can tell you I once had a reading telling me my relationship with a man I loved was headed for disaster. It was one of the greatest gifts in my life to have that knowledge. I then did a series of readings on what steps I could talke to avoid that outcome. And I followed all the steps and when I asked the original question months later the cards were very positive and things have been great ever since. Tarot is much more than a tool for reading into the future, having this foreknowledge can actually let you change that future. But first you have to know...

Babs

Mellifluous

First, realize that the cards don't read. They are inanimate. You read the cards. So, if there's a problem, it would be with you only interpreting the cards as showing whatever you want to see.

Second, some people seem to be more afraid of good than of bad. They really freak out if it looks like anything might go well for them, and are even contemptuous of the suggestion. I don't understand this mentality, to be honest, but you might want to consider whether you are doing this (and why).

Third, as you work with the cards more (i.e., learn broader and deeper meanings for them and how they interact with cards around them in a spread, and get more experience with how your readings actually play out), your interpretations will become more nuanced and accurate. Keeping a journal of your readings could help you with this.

Give it some more time and keep practicing. :)

balenciaga

You might not be asking the right question. Tarot will mirror one's feelings or expectations if the question is posed in such a way that tarot is boxed in. So do not make assumptions and do not ask yes/no questions.

Pao

Mellifluous said:
First, realize that the cards don't read. They are inanimate. You read the cards. So, if there's a problem, it would be with you only interpreting the cards as showing whatever you want to see.

:)

My problem is that I wonder if I "attact" the cards i "want" or would like to get, not me misinterpretting them. for example, "what should i know about taking this trip or not" and I get 6 of swords, or "what should i know about leaving this situation?" and I get the 8 of cups. or "what should i know about us getting back together" and i get the 2 of cups. etc. am I attracting these cards and therefore it is not an accurate reading? or am I getting the right answer. :confused: I try to remain objective so if i see something i dont like i try to deal with it, but I get really confused when I seem to get the cards answering my exact question. what do I make of it??

SunChariot

When you ask a question in Tarot, well there are many theories of where the answers come from....Some say from their higher powers, some say from the universal consciousness.

But the point it that Tarot works and the answers come from something outside of you. It is not your energy spiralling out into the universe and randomly attracting something to you. The answers come from this outside source, however you choose to see it.

When you ask a question that you sincerely want an answer to, it will answer your question honestly and it is not affected by whatever answer you want to see. We are talking about an intellegent source that has awareness, it's like you asking a friend a question. If they know the answer and they know that you want that answer, they are going to be honest with you whether it is exactly what you want to hear or not. So yes it is my belief that the right cards always come up and nothing we do can attract inaccurate cards to us. Except in that rare case where we ask the exact same question again and again and again (when instead we should be trusting) and the powers that be just stop playing along and we get nonsense answers. Otherwise the right answers always come.

Do you know it is highly likely that the cards coming up reflect your desires, because things are just headed in a good postiive direction in your life. Maybe what you want to happen is going to and maybe the cards are being accurate. Do you have any actual real reason to doubt these answers you are getting that are in line with your desires? Otherwise, they are probably accurate. And you may have a need to question your feelings about abundance and scarcity in your life.

Sometimes like just sends us what we most want in life. And when it doesn't it sends us what we need. :grin:

Babs

Mellifluous

I really agree with SunChariot (as usual). :)

Also, I don't know if you're doing one card readings or spreads, but sometimes a card will show up in a spread that represents the situation asked about, sort of to confirm 'yes, this is the topic at hand'.

If it's one card readings, I agree, it's affirming you're on the right track and things are in line with your desires.

willowfox

Perhaps you are very psychic and the card are just telling you what you already know. Therefore, you have no need of tarot cards just go by your intuition alone.