Readings to listen to - any samples out there?

Allison70

I'm rather new to Tarot and since I live in a small town and don't know anyone here who reads, I'm a bit stuck for experiences in hearing readings. This forum is great for reading interpretations in written form, but I'd really like to hear a few different readers at work. I don't especially care who they are reading for or what the question is or what spread is used... I just want to hear how people put the story into words.

I've googled but haven't come up with much.

Does anyone know where I should look for this sort of resource? Does it exist?

Thanks,
Allison

Sinduction

Have you searched You Tube? There are many videos on there. Unfortunately, I can't get any sound to come from my comp so I can't say if any of them are worth watching.

lilangel09

I usually don't like the youtube readings... they feel awkward to me.

Have you tried reading the cards out loud while you're reading? You'll feel like you're talking to yourself at first. You may feel better if you're narrating what you're doing at first then you can cut off the narration and stick to the cards. It's basically just talking to people except you have cards with you.

ruski_svet

Hey Allison! I'm watching this thread, because I haven't found any good readings on youtube, either. They're completely vague and yes, "awkward". Nothing a good reader wants to be.
Some books do have sample readings. Tarot: Theory and Practice by Ly de Angeles has a good walkthrough of 2 complete reading sessions of multiple spreads. It's not video, but I thought it was cool. I hope you find something.

Hooked on TdM

A good idea might be to go get a reading done by another reader. That way you will be part of the interaction and can also learn someone else's style. If any fairs are near you, they might have some. Also ask around. Lot's of readers work by word of mouth, especially in small towns.

Hooked

ETA: If you could get someone to do a reading over MSN Messenger on a video call, that could work too.

JoeS.

If you have Itunes, just search the free podcasts.

lilangel09

Oh, hey I just remembered. There is an radio show hosted by Satinangel and Shaman Walks with Thunder where sometimes guests Umbrae or Baroli read for people calling in. The show itself also talks about a lot of different things, not just Tarot. There are other types of readers that you can learn from as well. You can download the shows online or call in when they have a show.

I think these are better examples of reading than those you find on Youtube. They're much more realistic and lively.

www.blogtalkradio.com/walkswiththunder

Allison70

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I'm an Aussie, we don't have Fairs although I guess Markets in bigger places might equate - but no-one reads at the Markets here or at the nearest bigger towns (2 hours drive away). I'm sure there must be people here who read, I just haven't found them yet. Then again, I had a look at the Australian Guild website yesterday and in the 'professional member' listing displayed online there seemed to be only one member in Queensland - one in the whole state! Yikes! And not within a thousand km of me, either!

I will definately be checking on the Walks With Thunder link, that sounds promising. I don't have iTunes.

Thanks again! I'll post again after checking out that link.

Allison

Allison70

I have visited Walks with Thunder and there seems to be heaps there! This is excellent. I searched the phrase 'tarot reading' and lots of appropriate-looking stuff appeared, I'm now downloading one to listen to. You can just listen on the site {unless you are sinduction with no sound :( }.

Thanks again!

Mellifluous

I've no doubt there are hundreds or even thousands of not-so-good readings on youtube that I haven't seen, but I have seen good ones on there. Besides, the reading isn't for you, you're just looking for examples of how it's done, right? So, it shouldn't matter that much. Learning what you don't like can be helpful, too. It might be valuable to click around and see which ones you think are awful and which ones you think are good. :)

You can also practice reading for yourself (or whomever) into a tape recorder. You might be surprised at how much you come up with if you just talk uncensored and then listen to the tape later.

Good luck! :)