If Only...

karenquilter

If only US Games would use the same card stock & lamination (varnish?) as Lo Scarabeo or Magic Realist Press.

If only Boris Vallejo would illustrate a tarot deck.

Ditto for Peter Max.

If only Alan Lee wuld illustrate a Lord of the Rings Tarot.

ilweran

karenquilter said:
If only Alan Lee wuld illustrate a Lord of the Rings Tarot.

Me too :D I think if he did it would possibly be the last deck I'd ever buy as nothing could ever top it.

rwcarter

Brois Vallejo could even pull a Vargo and reuse his existing art (instead of creating something specifically for tarot) and I'd be all over it!

Rodney

Sinduction

Here's how lame I am....

If only George Lucas would allow the production of a Star Wars tarot. He's produced everything else! There is SW toilet paper for crying out loud!

lol @ "pulling a Vargo!"

Le Fanu

Yes.. if only... The lamination issue (I know we´ve had this out before, but anyway..)...

Not wanting to puncture the bouyant balloon of the Deviant Moon...When I showed it to my not-particularly-tarotist boyfriend, even he was agog at the varnish...

I know people say they want a deck which has protection against dirt and grime, but do we really need to shuffle our decks with oil/jam/mud smeared all over our hands?

And the Scarabeo and MRP decks have lamination too. It´s just more discreet.

afrosaxon

Sinduction said:
Here's how lame I am....

If only George Lucas would allow the production of a Star Wars tarot. He's produced everything else! There is SW toilet paper for crying out loud!

lol @ "pulling a Vargo!"

Yesssss...

I'd love if Terry Brooks would do a Shannara Tarot. :cool:

Or Anne McCaffrey to do a Dragons of Pern Tarot. :D

T.

Syrah

afrosaxon said:
Yesssss...

I'd love if Terry Brooks would do a Shannara Tarot. :cool:

T.

And if only Guy Gavriel Kay would do a Fionavar Tarot. :D

Acacia

If only Terry Pratchett would do a Discworld Tarot

Susanne Clarke would do a Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell tarot

karenquilter

rwcarter said:
Brois Vallejo could even pull a Vargo and reuse his existing art (instead of creating something specifically for tarot) and I'd be all over it!
Rodney
Me too. However, there might be copyright issues, as a lot of his work was done on commission.

Dark Crystal

afrosaxon said:

T.

Yes! What an awesome deck that would be!

Acacia said:
Susanne Clarke would do a Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell tarot

If this were done with the right artist I'm not sure I'd ever need another deck! :love:

I am in the camp that thinks there's nothing wrong with USG's lamination, I love it.