Wow- never have I had such a slating! Thread around jk's review of the Transparent

Sidhe-Ra

Despite not having being published yet, and the reviewer not having seen the deck or read the book, the T.T. has it's first review. If he was a woman, I was suggest that he was perhaps pre-menstrual, but as that is not the case, I will just presume a permanent state of derangement and fury.

http://tarotica.blogspot.com/2008/08/transparent-menus.html

How funny is that? Just like being back in theatre ;)

Em xx

AJ

I wonder if this is the same jk that caused another small tarot forum to implode? If so his opinion isn't worth wiping your butt with. His whole focus is about turmoil and upset and hurting people.
Let this one go and consider the blessing side of it, you've seen the worst it only gets better from here.

teomat

Yikes! That's a bit harsh isn't it?

But you know what...looking at the example he/she gave (the Empress, Emperor and Sun) and the wonderfully evocative image that results, I think he's done you a favour.

Adding the deck to my wishlist now...

Oh, and I love the feeling of nature, growth and potential you've expressed in your Empress card. The reviewer obviously needs something more blatant and 'in-your-face' to understand the card (i.e woman on throne looking Empressy). There's no problem with that, but I don't think he should assume that everyone else shares the same lack of imagination as he does.

GreenMoonBeam

A plainly ignorant and nasty type with a big mouth. His article helps me to check
your creation again and admire your concepts.

{what a prat, sorry}

afrosaxon

He's...speshul. :cool:

T.

franniee

OMG!!! That is hysterical! What an absolute A$$!!!!!

HE quoted your posts! HA! I hope he quotes mine!!!

First off look at his picture? Why does he feel the need to hide? A huge pet peeve of mine is people who don't have a backbone, who have to talk behind others back - who can't stand up and say what they believe in with conviction and courage.

Then "Explorer and synthesizer of Truth and Tales. I was once abducted by aliens but put out at Mars for being a backseat driver. Oh yeah, George Bush is the dumbest bad guy I ever saw."

Nope I have to disagree here.....while I think W is definitely not the brightest bulb on the tree I can surely see where Mr Mars may be a contender. :laugh:

No worries Em! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally think it is a cool idea! Your work reminds me of when I used to stipple or whatever it was called. I like what I have seen so far. :)

rwcarter

Even in an international forum such as this one, I don't believe I have to complete the phrase "Opinions are like a**holes...." for people to understand. If he doesn't like the deck, then he doesn't have to use it. I for one am anxiously awaiting its arrival on my doorstep.

Every deck is not for every one. The Transparent apparently isn't for him.

Rodney

Sinduction

Sorry dear! That's real class - let's review something without having it in hand.

I must say though, this kind of position is bound to come out. Many people are threatened by change. Don't worry though, a lot of other people are tired of seeing the same old deck!

Besides, don't you know that all good readers use the RWS? It's the only "true" tarot.

What was that guy smokin' :smoker:

sacredashes

LOL... this is like deja vu for some reason.

****PPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT****

Em, quick!! Duck into my floating ship; we'll sail the highseas (we pirates need to stick together ;)) away from Planet Mean. I've got chocolates on board, pretty decent navigation skills and a couple of demon bodyguards... you never know when they'll come in handy, just in case. ;)

Ash

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you everyone, for your support and humour!

I will sail the choppy waters with ye, Ash me Piratical chum! Arrrrrrrr!!!

It's made me snap out of a negative spiral actually. You know how we artists are- we can start to get down about not being as good as we want to be. Having someone else rail about me like that has made me realise that I DO have confidence in my work, and it's not going to be shaken by eejits!

To quote Catherine Tate- "Am I bovvered though? Do I look bovvered?"

Love you all,

Em xxx