L'Oeil de Lotus deck

lightbug

Greetings all! :)

I have been reading all I can about L'Oeil de Lotus deck and have been hunting for more information/reviews on this as well as a way to BUY this deck. I even tried looking on French Amazon. No luck.

I am also trying to get info on possibly getting Oracle Ge.

(I'm hunting for very symbolic "picture" style --but not Lenormand per se)

Any ideas or help? Any other decks like this?

There is an oracle called "Synchro Signs" by Mary McNaughton that I love and am looking for (prettier) variations on the theme. (this is little squares/tiles with glyphs on them similar to runes but with more of an extensive image/symbol driven -- card-like feel -- lol -- for a clumsy explanation)

Thanks you :)

BodhiSeed

You might want to check out Sammie's blog (she is a member here at AT); she does daily readings, many with oracles, and posts them and pictures of the cards there:
http://inthecards.wordpress.com/
Check out the right hand column and you will see several oracles listed, including L'Oeil de Lotus.

Gavriela

There's a guy on ebay.fr who sells both of them at a reasonable price. I've dealt with him a few times - he's reputable.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post it, but his listings are here:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/rickotheb_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Hope that helps. The Gé is more Lenormand-style, the Lotus is in a category by itself. Not quite sibilla, not quite Lenormand, but the artwork is stunning. Worth having both if you can.

lightbug

Thank you all!

I did check out Sammie's Blog -- this is how I saw L'Oeil de Lotus in the first place.
;)

And thank you VERY much Gavriela! (I'm a little surprised at the Buy it Now price -- but am really considering it)

:)

If any other ideas (symbolic/picture deck0 along these lines come to you --please post

Sammie

Hi Lightbug,

I really like the L'Oeil de Lotus - thanks for reading my blog about it.

I recently ordered a deck from the seller in the link Gavreila posted and he is very reliable and only charges 3 Euros for postage to the USA. I live in Colorado, too, and the Oracle Soleil which I purchased from him arrived in a week!

The price is high because of the exchange rate with dollars and Euros. It really isn't too bad for such a nice deck. It is a large deck and the cards are on good card stock.

You can get the Oracle Ge from House of Tarot here in the USA - they are great to deal with:

http://www.houseoftarot.com/Eclectic/Oracle+Ge+by+Grimaud.html

As for other decks, the Horoscope Belline is a very nice deck (see my blog) - it has simple artwork and always has something to the point to say when you draw cards. It is available from House of Tarot as well.

Also, the Tarot d'Elynne is fantastic! Gavriela has used it a lot on her blog and I've used it a lot on mine, too.

Sammie

The Gordo

Can someone tell me the back story or history behind the L'Oeil de Lotus?

Gavriela

I know it's heavily numerological as well as having wonderful symbolism. BUT - the book costs €20, plus shipping from France, which I haven't got this month.

There is one, though, and it was written by the deck creator, so that may have some details. I haven't found a lot, though there's a French forum I've been meaning to check out more where I've at least seen the deck mentioned sometimes.

lightbug

I just ordered my L'Oeil de Lotus cards! :)

I am very excited. Does it come with a LWB? I read French fairly well (though my skills are slipping - LOL) but was hoping that my deck comes with the English words on the bottom as in the photos I've seen.

Before I read Gavriela's post (thank you thank you!)
I had gone on to the French Language eBay, created an account, and read (in French) about the book -- which is called, "L'Oeil de Lotus: Symbolisme Et Interpretation" which is by the inventors of the card system Colette and Gerard Lougarre.

L'Oeil de Lotus means The Eye of the Lotus and apparently this team also made L'Oracle Soleil too. I've seen pictures of this one on Sammie's blog as well :) (seems as though this one only has French titles to the cards but that's OK) -- might have to check this one out as well. What is the main difference?

Oracle Soleil seems to have more painterly pictures with an Asian look? Or am I just guessing based on the pics? It is a smaller deck and if my French is right - LOL -- it's supposed to be complimentary to the other deck?

Asher

lightbug said:
I am very excited. Does it come with a LWB?

I got this beautiful deck a couple of weeks ago, and mine came with a bilingual LWB (French & English).

I am considering getting the book to go along with it. I read French comfortably, so it will be educational and good language practice as well.

Enjoy your deck!

Asher

Sammie

The Oracle Soleil has 36 cards, they are the same size (measurement wise) as L'Oeil de Lotus which has 55 cards.

The artwork on the Oracle Soleil is in the same genre as the Lotus - not Asian themed.

The LWB that comes with L'Oeil de Lotus is in English and French. The LWB that comes with the Oracle Soleil is only in French.

The first few paragraphs in the LWB that comes with the Oracle Soleil say it is a deck to complement L'Oeil de Lotus but that it also works fine to use on it's own. The full translation of the first part of the book is on my blog.

I wish I read French better - it is very slow for me to figure it out. :)

Sammie