PDA

View Full Version : Buddy list

Moonson
16-08-2008, 04:44
i have a question about the Buddy list:

i don't understand... what can we do with it?
i added some friends to my "buddy list" but, it's not possible to directly view their profiles or even send messages to them...

OR... am i missing something? Can someone help me? Please

gregory
16-08-2008, 21:27
You can see which are on line (they will be at the top, with green lights by their names)

You can check the boxes by some or all of their names and then scroll to the bottom and PM several at once.

You can click the on/off line icon and that will take you to their profile.

That's all I can think of just now.....

Moonson
17-08-2008, 01:55
You can see which are on line (they will be at the top, with green lights by their names)

You can check the boxes by some or all of their names and then scroll to the bottom and PM several at once.

You can click the on/off line icon and that will take you to their profile.

That's all I can think of just now.....

Thanks gregory!!

But, i think this isn't right...
I can't do anything that you say...

I don't see green lights.
When i click on the boxes, it only allows me to write.
And i don't see that on/off line icon that you mention, when i open my buddy list...

I can only see those green lights with some other options (like profile, pm, email, web site), but at the end of the posts.

AJ
18-08-2008, 08:35
Those may be subscriber only enabled options? The Ignore list is the one that's worth it's weight in gold :)

JONIKA
19-08-2008, 00:54
I am a subscriber and I have the same problem with Buddy list as Moonson... ??

:)

Jonika

Solandia
19-08-2008, 11:57
Both regular members and subscribers should be able to use the buddy list the same way.

Moonson and Jonika, could you post or send a screenshot of your buddy list so I can see how it looks to you? Instructions on making a screenshot are here (http://www.homebusinesswiz.com/2007/06/how_to_make_a_screenshot.html) if you're not sure how to do it.

~ Solandia

JONIKA
19-08-2008, 14:20
Hi Solandia,
this is my buddy list...

GeorgiePorgie
19-08-2008, 14:29
Jonika, up the top of the screen there are options - click on the QuickLinks drop down area and select "open buddy list"

What happens then?

GeorgiePorgie
19-08-2008, 14:34
I don't use a buddy list, but I just added gregory (hi Granny) then when you click the QuickLinks drop down box and open the buddy list mine looks like this: (see attachment below)

I think the screenshot you provided is just the list of people in there via your control panel (where you can add and delete) not the actual tool.

Moonson
19-08-2008, 22:03
Yes, my buddy list appears just like JONIKA posted on the screenshot.

I just did what GeorgiePorgie suggested, and it opens a new window with the "green lights" and the buttons to pm. Now it looks right! :)

Thank you GeorgiePorgie, for your help!!

GeorgiePorgie
19-08-2008, 22:05
Excellent! :D

gregory
20-08-2008, 00:22
I don't use a buddy list, but I just added gregory (hi Granny)
Thanks :D I think you are already on mine..... And I'm glad to see everyone is now managing to use it !

JONIKA
20-08-2008, 00:46
GeorgiePorgie,

AHA! I get it! Thank you so much. It works when I open it up through Quick Links...

Jonika

Solandia
20-08-2008, 12:24
Good to see it's working now, Jonika. Thanks GeorgiePorgie :)