Describe Your Tarot Cards as a Person

jrr01

Have anyone ever felt that your cards have a mind fo their own...? That they are their iwn person...? if so elaborate how your tarot cards act when consulting a person and consulting yourself...!

Well mine are like a little kid an infant for they speak til I see no end and tell me everything I want to know and offten joke when I ask a stupid question, but when reading for another person, ugh they talk when they feel like it, as if they are very selective on who sits on the other side of the table, they talk to who they want to, either they feel like talking or not, they will relases alot of info or very little info. it's really wierd...!

MysticalMoose

Hmm I do feel that I work with certain decks better for certain types of reading : i.e relationships/work/spiritual...but at the end of the day the cards are just pretty pieces of cardboard, inanimate objects if you will....In my opinion it sounds like you read for yourself easily & can relate well to what you see & intuit in the cards, & sometimes depending on who is sitting opposite you, the amount of information you are able to give differs...the magic is after all in you, not the cards :)

Just my thoughts :)

MM

Cerulean

Okay, I'll play...

The Mitelli has a pretty face and a young, flexible look...one would think they could just play games with her.. but she's an old old fey with a quick temper that doesn't abide a Celtic Cross or new-fangled notions. She'll talk with mild temperment if you shuffle nicely and lay the cards with an idea of letting her do what she wants...but try to add something with color pens, she'll curl her edges and smear all pigment over your fingers until it's all out of her coated stock.

All she wants to do is tell you what you need to know. If another person is in the room, she lets you do the talking for her...a persnickety tarocchino, she is.. All the flirting and coaxing in the world means nothing to her, should she choose to lay down only pip after darn pip. Sometimes she only talks to you if you chant, "I wish I was an Andre Vitali Bolognese and then all the world could be in love with you.."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Celestial, on the other hand, talks to everyone, but it seems like it talks in a faraway whisper that takes time for us to make out. People usually think she's a bit odd. I've found only a few others will say she comes out talking to them right out of the box. Her eyes are a bright blue that some people find stellar, some people dislike. I think she's a bit shy and a bit unexpected (let's see a bear in the three of cups!)...kind of like reading Mary Oliver's poems about Spring where a savage she-bear rumbles into the picture.
I want to say she is beautiful, but really she is slightly too shy and unexpected at first glance to really take in. After awhile though, she might be considered endearing and lovely a companion and much wiser than a first glance---or even a second--might suggest.

Cerulean

Feretian

Y'know, I was privately thinking that my RWS is exhibiting a sense of humor, but I daren't say it to the people I have been reading for.

This ONLY happens while reading in-person, not over the net.

"I want a reading but I'm so afraid I'll just get bad cards like 'death'." So the first card turned up is Death.

"He's such a fool sometimes..." Yep. First card is 'The Fool'.

"What can I expect for the afternoon," I ask a one card spread. 'Tower.' So there's a tornado watch and severe hail storms.

And on and on...

jrr01

Mine are The Book of Thot Etteilla Tarot

Charmy

My Rider Waite Smith reminds me of a life long friend. It has a great sense of humour and I find it always gives very hopeful readings. It's a great deck to read with for friends or people who are new to the Tarot and nervous about what to expect.

My Thoth Tarot is a grumpy old man. Seriously. It's blunt and can be very in your face and grumpy. It's good for getting to the heart of the matter as quickly as possible though.

My Mystic Faerie is a cheeky little one, but oddly enough brilliant for questions of the heart. It has a lovely light and airy, fun energy around it. It's my favourite lately.

My Cosmic Tarot is very etheral so to speak. It's great for questions of a spiritual nature. It reminds me of an old wise priestess or something. It has a nice quiet and reserved energy.

My Bohemian Gothic is just very dramatic and over the top lol I always imagine this deck as letting out a loud evil cackle along the lines of "Mwhahahahaaa!" when I'm reading for someone with it :)