Where to get a corner-rounder?

Scarlet27

You know the thingy with which you trim the decks' corners and make them round? :confused:
Where can I get one of those? The cheaper, the better -I have to add the shipping costs to Argentina to the price and it usually gets quite expensive-
Does anyone has a spare one that they'd be willing to sell?
I'd be thrilled to get one. Wanna start trimming! :D

Thank you guys!

Ps: I wasn't sure if this thread was supposed to be in here or in the Trading thread... Mods, feel free to move it.

Bernice

I'd like to get one too. I expect there might be some shop in London selling them - can't get there. I have considered using a nail-clipper.... anyone tried that?

Bee :)

willowfox

If you look up "corner rounder" on eBay you will find lots for sale.

Bernice

Cheers willowfox. But I just went to e-bay UK for one:

Price = £79.00 + £8.23 shipping ( !!!!!!!)

Bee

Scarlet27

I hadn't thought of that... :)
There're a lot of those on eBay!
Thnx a lot!

willowfox

Bernice said:
Cheers willowfox. But I just went to e-bay UK for one:

Price = £79.00 + £8.23 shipping ( !!!!!!!)

Bee

No! no! You don't need anything that expensive, a simple, plastic, couple of dollars one will do the job perfectly. If you can't find it in the UK, then go to the US. And the post from the USA is in the range of $7-$11 airmail/priority but always ask the seller if they ship to the Uk and how much they charge.

I purchased one in a shop the other day, made in China of course, cost about $5.00.

Sinduction

If you are near a craft store, you can find them with the scrapbooking supplies. And I got mine for under $10. Mine is a small hand-held one.

Le Fanu

Bernice said:
I'd like to get one too. I expect there might be some shop in London selling them - can't get there. I have considered using a nail-clipper.... anyone tried that?

Bee :)

I had difficulty finding one too. I got the impression from here that it was something which was readily available in the U.S but nowhere else. For example Staples in the U:K don´t sell them, but in the U.S I think they do.

But I was in the U.K last month and went into a craft shop, a very small one. Sold découpage transfers, stickers, cardboard frames for mounting embroidery etc, and they had them. I paid 4 pounds and it works a treat.

I had trimmed my Crystal tarot and done the corners with a nail clipper. It comes out not quite rounded; a straighter corner than you would really want. Then when I bought my corner rounder, I re-did my Crystal and it came up a dream. Now the corners are nice and smoothly rounded. I also trimmed my Scarabeo Lenormand Oracle. Lovely; they look like antique cigarette cards now!

I also trimmed my Tarot of the Master, but there were so many details right up to the edge of the image that I just gently rounded the corners with scissors, taking off a mere millimetre, just enough for the corner not to "snag". It actually looks better than with a corner rounder as you take less of the card off and it is a more "discreet" finish...

Grizabella

I think I'm going to have to try the corner rounder thing with scissors myself. My Druidcraft needs it. I was just going to wait to get the corner rounder till next time I get to town or till after I move but then I noticed that one corner of a one card is kinked a little bit. I wasn't using them at the time, I don't think. I think it happened while they were in the bag.

Feretian

Amazon has a bunch under "scrapbooking" "corner rounder". They are cheap but who knows how well they would work on fine card stock? I think they are made for fairly lightweight paper.