Channeling with the cards

mysticangel_001

Has anyone ever used their cards to channel someone who is deceased? A couple years ago I did a reading for a friend to see if I could find out what was going through his best friends mind the night he killed himself? About a week later I got a very strong cologne smell (I have clairallience) and I just had a feeling that it was my friends deceased friend. The next day I asked a friend of mine, who is learning to be a medium, if she could find out who the spirit was that had come to me the night before? The info she was giving me was chaotic and she got the name Bob, which is not the name of the person I thought it was (his name is Kevin). After she gave me the info I said that I didn't know Bob and had thought it was Kevin. She said, "Yes, he says that is his name." A couple weeks later I asked another woman, who has been a medium for as long as she can remember, to channel this spirit. She did, said he was who I thought, and gave me a lot of info to pass onto my friend. Turned out Bob was Kevin's fathers name. LOL
ANYWAY!!! I have used my cards a couple times to "talk" to Kevin and had pretty accurate results, then the other day I wondered if I actually was connecting with him or if it was just my over-active imagination? I decided to try an experiment and I offered to attempt channeling a deceased person on this psychic group I am on. The girl who took me up on my offer gave me the name of her grandfather. She asked if I wanted to know anything about him and I said no, I wanted to see if I could find out using the cards? So I sat down, focused on the name, and felt butterflies in my stomach and kind of chilled. I figured it was nerves so I proceeded. I asked him to tell me something about himself and if he had anything to pass onto his grand-daughter? I drew the cards, interpretted them for her, and she told me she was crying while reading my response. She said that everything I said about him was right, even about how he felt about his wife. I was floored that I had gotten so much right about him and it made my day that I was able to make her happy with my reading.

So has anyone else ever tried doing this, or had a similar experience? I know it is more difficult to channel using the cards because you are pretty limited on the information you can obtain through the cards but it is cool knowing that it IS possible to do.

Elen Sian

I have given a reading where I think this may have happened. I was asked a question and I answered with the cards....I was told that it sounded like something a passed relative would have told them...lol!

I just felt that the reading had more depth and meaning than it usually would have and that I should 'say it like it is' with the cards that were drawn (I usually try to be diplomatic or sensitive ;-).

Elen ;-)

Grizabella

I don't ever try to channel anything on purpose. Probably the closest I've ever come was to ask the Wild Spirit deck, just for fun, "If my husband could give me a message through these cards, what would it be?" The result was so astonishing that it could only have come from him, it seemed. I was terribly amazed and I've never done it again. But I think that was more a speaking with the dead kind of thing than channeling.

Isn't channeling more a thing where you ask for some sort of entity from the Universe to come to you through your own mind? Through taking over your thoughts? Personally, I've never done that and don't want to, with or without cards.

mysticangel_001

Channeling, as I understand it, is connecting with the spirit realm. That can be the spirits of deceased people, your guides, angel's, and yes even malevolent spirits. When channeling (when doing ANY kind of divination) you need to shield yourself and make your intent known that you only want to interact with that which is of the light. Be positive and self-assured because fear and negativity attract negative entities/spirits the same as fear will attract wild animals and cause them to attack.

Texas Tarot

I think it is possible to contact the dead through the medium of tarot cards, but I find the notion unsettling. By definition, talking to the dead is part of necromancy, the magick of the dead. But people can do whatever they want, of course.

A very similar topic came up in a Ouija Board discussion. I still stand by my answer.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1574732&postcount=22

Sinduction

I do this quite often with very good results.

I see things and sometimes am able to give an accurate physical description of the deceased. That's assuming I do get a visual. I find their time of death to be very important. If it is too soon or too far, the messages are muddled to me. I've found that 2 - 5 years is the best time for me.

When I do these readings I like to have an open chair available. It sounds funny but I like to invite them to sit and chat with me through the cards.

The hardest part is figuring out what the cards mean in reference to the person. I'm hoping that eventually I won't need the cards at all.

I try to clear my mind and allow images or feelings to come before I turn over each card to see if I can pick up on things without the cards to aid me. I'm about 50-50 with that though.

I have lots of fun doing these and I also love being able to relay messages to their loved ones.

Pao

I also tried it with Sinductions great spread :D I liked the results as well. I havent done it in a while but I hope to keep trying it and likeSin said I hope to not need the cards one day!

JONIKA

I think I channel when I "meditate" on a tarot card. I empty my mind and ask my guides to tell me what I need to know through that card...I always get things that have a deep meaning and not necessarily relate to the card. Is this channeling?

I've never tried to channel dead people, though...

CheesyChi

Wow thats really nice to hear you got such an accurate reading for that girl..I bet it brought her so much peace!!!!

I feel like I Channel to some extent when reading...I have taken Psychic energy classes not a lot trust me, & I am far far from being an expert :eek: but enough to know yes meditation and grounding/protection is very much needed.,,especially when one is sensitive so the energy does not overload, or negative humans or in humans get around.

I really would like to try this since I do see and hear deceased but always second guess myself....and would like to pinpoint it even more accurately...perhaps when someone comes to me with the request to get messages from someone who died,,but I don't want it to be frivolous like a game or something.

Good for you for doing this!

:)

minrice

Oh goodness, I have enough trouble trying to communicate with the living, lol. The idea of communicating with another realm has always fascinated me, I personally have never tried it with cards, though I do believe its possible.
My one attempt at spirit or what have you communication was via a homemade ouija board, but that didn't really "work" because I psyched myself out about it and then couldn't decide how to destroy the ouija board respectfully.