Tarot Journel.

Free Spirit

Hi,
I would like to turn my boring hard back dark blue folder into my tarot journal.
Any one got any ideas on how I can decorate it?

GreenMoonBeam

Could you get any images of cards? Say from a Tarot magazine, cut them out
and make a montage-type arrangement on the folder. Or, if you had a deck
that has missing cards do much the same.
And when you finish, if you are able, do post the finished article.
GOod Luck.

GB!:)

minrice

I would decorate it with the things that bring you happiness and are meaningful to you, I have a pic of my doggie on mine.

Sinduction

I've used scrapbooking stickers and stuff for my decorating. I think they stick better than regular stickers. Plus, they have more grown up things.

I also like to take tiny stickers and put them directly on the pages.

Have fun making it!!

delaneyblues

can i ask what do you use a journal for im new to reading tarot and only just begining (got my cards yesterday)is it something i should do ? ive heard it mentioned a few times but i honestly dont know what one is

Thanks
De x

MysticalMoose

Hi
It is useful to keep a journal/note book its something to record your impressions/feelings about all things tarot & can help a lot when you are learning, you can detail whatever you feel is useful to you....
mine is a ring binder filled with all sorts of tarot stuff I use a ringbinder so I can add to each section without running out of pages! :D...I have a section where I record my daily draws with my impressions at the time & a space on each day for later to look back & comment on how the day turned out...I have a section for new spreads to try out, favourite spreads etc. I used to have a section on my own card interpretations but it got so messy & changed such a lot that I removed it lol. I have a section where I keep a sort of diary of my taroting... readings I have done for people that were interesting, I dont record names etc just things that were unusual about the reading, card combinations that struck me for some reason etc.,

Mine isnt really decorated as such, its metalic purple & very glittery lol

Umbrae

A journal is a lot like a human - it ain't what's on the outside...

A. Crowley said that we should have our own magickal diary (journal). 777 was his version. IF we follow his directions, our journals will be different. Like my Tarot Journal and your Tarot Journal will be different.

I like sprial back notebooks. I fill one with notes, I move onto a new one. Now, years later I can go back and read my early journals and compare, see my own growth...measure the change in my own stature!

A journal should be battered and worn from being carried around - there you are in a coffee shop and a woman walks by in a hat, for some strange reason you think of the Queen of Pentacles, so you write about her. If you don't have your notebook, you won't write. Your journal should go with you wherever you go - as should your deck.

A human, ages, wrinkles, sags, shows the scars of a thousand insults in our gait - as our journal should on the outside - the true beauty lies on the inside - with our contents!

Of course this is simply my opinion...

Grizabella

Umbrae said:
A journal should be battered and worn from being carried around - there you are in a coffee shop and a woman walks by in a hat, for some strange reason you think of the Queen of Pentacles, so you write about her. If you don't have your notebook, you won't write. Your journal should go with you wherever you go - as should your deck.

A human, ages, wrinkles, sags, shows the scars of a thousand insults in our gait - as our journal should on the outside - the true beauty lies on the inside - with our contents!

Of course this is simply my opinion...

My opinion, too. Exactly. I carry mine around. But I find myself making notes on bills, income, grocery lists, and all and sundry in mine, too. :p

Oh, and my body journal is definitely surely does have the wrinkles, sags and scars of a thousand insults, too! :D

Onyx

Grizabella said:
My opinion, too. Exactly. I carry mine around. But I find myself making notes on bills, income, grocery lists, and all and sundry in mine, too. :p

Oh, and my body journal is definitely surely does have the wrinkles, sags and scars of a thousand insults, too! :D

My Journal has more coffee rings and ink blots from my old fountain pen than there should be but I love it becuase it not only has become a great study tool but a chronicle of my Tarot history.

One recommendation I would make is leave a couple of pages blank in the front for a table of contents. This will make the journal far more useful in years to come when you are trying to look for that certain spread or note you put in the journal.

Onyx.

Logiatrix

Umbrae said:
A journal is a lot like a human - it ain't what's on the outside...
I'm so glad you said that...'tis truth, gently put.:love:

To be fair, perhaps it is necessary (at least at first) for the journal to look attractive for it to get used. Journal keeping is not a natural activity for everyone. It is so very worth it, though, and should at least be attempted.:lightbulb

To me, the most beautiful thing about a journal is not the cover, it is those delicious blank pages inside. They are hungry for words, written in a barely inteligible scrawl with a black, medium point Uni-ball pen. But then, if the inclination to write exceeds the availability of my usual trappings, then I, too, will find myself jotting notes on bills and lists, à la the Grizabella Method.;)

It's strange how a blank journal makes me so giddy...but then, I am strange.:D