PDA

View Full Version : quoted text not showing....?

prudence
29-08-2008, 04:34
Hi,

is something wrong with the quote option? In the thread "Is Tarot pagan?" in posts where people have quoted someone elses post, all that shows is "originally posted by..." but no quote showing....some of them show a strange blobby symbol or something. It is not only limited to that thread, others I have looked at today are doing the same thing.

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

GreenMoonBeam
29-08-2008, 11:19
Hi,

is something wrong with the quote option? no quote showing....some of them show a strange blobby symbol or something. It is not only limited to that thread, others I have looked at today are doing the same thing.

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

I am on an forum which uses this format. Sometimes it happens.Solandia may have been working with her admin duties. I looked at the past three days of the thread Is Tarot Pagan and all quotes are defined. Most people make the quote correctly once they know. I paraphrased your quote to check as well.
eta: quote seems boxed OK.

prudence
30-08-2008, 04:16
hi Greenbean, thanks for the reply....funny though, you quoted my post in your reply and all I see is the quote box with the letter "H" at the top of it and a smiley at the end, no words.

{shrugs} Oh well...maybe it will be fixed?

zannamarie
30-08-2008, 07:28
hi Greenbean, thanks for the reply....funny though, you quoted my post in your reply and all I see is the quote box with the letter "H" at the top of it and a smiley at the end, no words. I can see all of greenbean's quote.

Sounds like it might be a setting either with your browser or maybe your username on the forum.

prudence
31-08-2008, 02:09
Hi Zannamarie,
Thanks, I think you are right, last night wwhen I read your post, it was still acting weird. I shut my firefox off, and that seems to have fixed it.

All better now. :)

GreenMoonBeam
31-08-2008, 02:46
Firefox had an upgrade during the week. I did get a message that add-ons &
stuff would not work...might be that. Used MAC instead so will check other
cp.