Crystals/stones for conquering fears/phobias

HearthCricket

As I try to embrace my totem Spider, which is a creature I also fear, I was wondering if anyone could suggest good stones to use in an altar to Spider that reflect ridding one's fears, phobias and grounding stones and as well as love.

So far I have black onyx, smokey quartz and a rose quartz heart!

Apollonia

I think Rhodonite mght be helpful here, as it combines black with pink. I always think of it as promoting grounded love.

Checking my crystal book, it also seems to help with emotional pain and scarring from past experiences, as well as with insect bites. Now, I know a spider is an arachnid (did my 100 page 12th grade biology report on them, and came to love and honor them dearly), but it seems a good sign, nontheless.

As time goes by you might want to check out Zuni fetish carvings. I know that Spider is one of the animals that is sometimes depicted, and Zuni fetishes, which I collect, are very cool.

HearthCricket

Apollonia said:
I think Rhodonite mght be helpful here, as it combines black with pink. I always think of it as promoting grounded love.

Checking my crystal book, it also seems to help with emotional pain and scarring from past experiences, as well as with insect bites. Now, I know a spider is an arachnid (did my 100 page 12th grade biology report on them, and came to love and honor them dearly), but it seems a good sign, nontheless.

As time goes by you might want to check out Zuni fetish carvings. I know that Spider is one of the animals that is sometimes depicted, and Zuni fetishes, which I collect, are very cool.

It is really weird that a lot of these crystals are ones I have recently purchased or pulled out to have by my bed, and my computer table. Two spots where I am having the most spider encounters! Hmmm!!!!

Any links to Zuni fetishes? I am all for fetishes!!!

Apollonia

HearthCricket said:
Any links to Zuni fetishes? I am all for fetishes!!!

I haven't purchased a fetish for a while, so I don't have any stores I can particularly recommend, but if you just Google "Zuni Fetishes" you'll pull up a whole bunch of websites that have them, and ebay has them, too. Spiders are kind of rare, but I've definitely seen them. Don't be discouraged by some of the prices--these are definitely works of art, and the ones by the well known artists are much sought after, but you can get very nice ones for not a whole lot. Beware, though--they are somewhat addictive!

Hugs,
Apollonia

lark

Aquamarine, Citrine, Rose Quartz, Chrysocolla, Opal, Blue Tigers Eye, Ruitilated Quartz, Obsidian..are all good for phobias.

HearthCricket

Excellent list, Lark! Thank you! I appreciate it!

BodhiSeed

I haven't bought any fetishes in a while, but this is the company I prefer to buy from:
http://www.quicksilver-gallery.com/htm/zuni.htm
The fellow who owns it (Richard, I believe) lives in Vermont. He's very good about answering questions or keeping an eye out for a particular fetish that you may be looking for.

MCsea

bodhran said:
I haven't bought any fetishes in a while, but this is the company I prefer to buy from:
http://www.quicksilver-gallery.com/htm/zuni.htm
The fellow who owns it (Richard, I believe) lives in Vermont. He's very good about answering questions or keeping an eye out for a particular fetish that you may be looking for.

Awesome web site - fantastic...

for protection also
Ruby in Kyanite and or Fuchsite (not gem quality ruby)

MARINA