Anticipating the Joys of Trading

Lucky Lori Ann

i was posting in the coming in the mail thread and i must have hit start a new thread instead of respond....can i move it?

here is my really guilty confession...i am jonesing to take a look on the tarot trading forum adn i am looking for threads i can contribute to - what if someone is available for the perfect trade and i miss the opportunity... i've fallen off the no more decks wagon...and it feels good ;0)

Erzebet

That's quite a haul! You will love and enjoy all your new decks! I love ordering many at once, then when they arrive, slowly opening them and looking through them. It makes for a lovely enriching day :D

card_shark

Lucky Lori Ann said:
here is my really guilty confession...i am jonesing to take a look on the tarot trading forum adn i am looking for threads i can contribute to - what if someone is available for the perfect trade and i miss the opportunity... i've fallen off the no more decks wagon...and it feels good ;0)
Hey, Lucky, I know exactly how you feel -- I am anxious about accruing enough posts to unlock the trading thread myself. I imagine that every day the decks on my "must have" list are changing hands willy-nilly and I am missing out. I am getting there (slowly) because I promised myself that I despite my anxiousness, I would only contribute when I actually have something to say.

To (sort of) keep this on topic, I will express my admiration for your haul -- and the determination to actually go through with the purchase. I tend to buy one deck at a time, convincing myself that I am being reasonable if not frugal...even though I really want to just go down the shopping list and pretty much take one of everything. I don't think my biggest one-time haul went over $90.

Lucky Lori Ann

hey card shark - it is probably overkill but there is just something i love about all those new decks at once! you have willpower...me i am so weak when it comes to tarot decks!! i see a card, a deck that resonates with me and i'm done...i usually make some sacrifice to justify the money.

this haul was paid for in lieu of the minnesota state fair. i would have probably spent MORE there..hey..i could get the ferret tarot for that pronto pup and coke i grabbed ont he way out ;-P

thorhammer

Don't worry too much, guys! :laugh: There's always something happening in the Trading subforum . . . except now! It's a bit quiet in there.

As it is, spend some time in the games subforum, or offer some readings. Join a study group for a deck you want to explore further and discipline yourselves to post on a card a day - or more!

And welcome!

\m/ Kat

Abrac

I was a little naive when I first started trading here. It can be a good or bad experience depending on how you approach it. I would strongly suggest reading Sulis's post in the Trading Forum entitled, "NEW TAROT TRADING GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ BEFORE TRADING." Most people here will treat you fairly but the best safeguard is not to assume anything.