Pointers please

Quester

How do you connect through the computor when you do a reading?? I am new to computors so all the readings I have done therefore have been in person where the other person has shuffled and I have felt the connection to their energy. This forum shows that powerful readings are done through the computor. Any pointers would be grately appreciated!!

Sinduction

I just use the person's name, or screen-name, and I ask the question out loud.

That's all I do. You really don't even have to do that. Just do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Mellifluous

I don't really 'do' anything that I could suggest to you. You just feel it, same as you do when you're with someone in person - or even moreso. lol

Good luck though!

The crowned one

I have a shuffle/focus ritual I use... and I take my clothes off, down to my shorts.

SunChariot

Quester said:
How do you connect through the computor when you do a reading?? I am new to computors so all the readings I have done therefore have been in person where the other person has shuffled and I have felt the connection to their energy. This forum shows that powerful readings are done through the computor. Any pointers would be grately appreciated!!

That's a bit hard to answer as I have never really read in person so I don't know what that feeling is that you are talking about. But the querent definitely does not have to be there for a reading to work well. As for how it's done, or tips...we probably each have our own ways so the best I can do here is to answer for yourself and tell you what works for me.

My idea of how Tarot works, and we all have our own ideas on that, is that I am not connecting to (or trying to connect to) the energy of the person, but rather to the energy of my higher powers. Whereever you think and feel the answers come from when you do a reading, to me it is my angels, the goal is to connect to that energy that knows all.

Then that source sends the right cards and you have to feel what they are meant to say. If you close your mind and listen with your heart, it just comes through. For me that means turning my mind off enough so I can just FEEL what is meant. I personally do that mainly by analysing the images of the cards that come up. Sensing which parts of the image are important at the time and then sensing what they are trying to say.

I hope that made some sense. I am sure there must be more but that is all that seems to come to mind at the moment. LOL

Babs

minrice

For me I just have that person's name focused firmly in my head along with their question and I then shuffle, cut and draw! Just concentrating, it may help to meditate before hand and center yourself first which is what I sometimes have to do if my mind won't settle.

rwcarter

Ive recently done twelve readings for AT members through the computer. All I do is think about the person and their question while I do my shuffling ritual. So far, I've done pretty well with all 12 readings even if I haven't been happy with all of them myself.

Rodney

Grizabella

The crowned one said:
I have a shuffle/focus ritual I use... and I take my clothes off, down to my shorts.

Woohoo! :p

You don't either! I think you're just kidding with us, you naughty boy!

Ahem! To the question!

Well, I find online readings more difficult because there isn't the energy flow. No matter how well I might feel I know someone online, it just isn't there. When a real, live person sits in front of me, there's energy flowing between us that can't possibly be there through the computer. I may give some good readings online but they're just not the same. Think of it----is receiving a letter from someone the same as sitting with them? :)

rwcarter

At least right now, I prefer online readings to face-to-face readings for two simple reasons:
  • I just as often base my interpretation of any given card on the symbols in the card instead of what the card traditionally means (and I still have to refer back to my notes on what the symbols in the cards mean)
  • I do an in-depth analysis of the overall layout and interactions of the cards

So for an online reading, I can take 2 or 3 hours to complete it. In a face-to-face reading though, that would be far too long. Although what I have done in face-to-face readings is to give a general overview while the person is there and then do my in depth analysis after they've gone and then send/give them the whole reading.

As an example of the in-depth analysis I do, I did a pyramid shaped online reading for someone last weekend. One of the things I noticed in my analysis was that the Cups in the reading formed a lambda symbol. Since lambda is in the middle of the Greek alphabet, I took that to mean that the feelings aspect of the question was somewhere in the middle. Turns out that the lambda plays a very significant role in the life of the person the Querent was asking about. Were I doing a face-to-face reading, I probably wouldn't have noticed the lambda.

Rodney

bluecaffeine

some clients prefer to type "stop" while I shuffle the cards, so they have an influence which card I draw, or just "S" But for most clients I use their avatar to concentrate on the person.