PDA

View Full Version : Mark Forums Read

Fire Cat
07-09-2008, 03:38
I am just curious-----are these functions new or have they been there the whole time: at the top, next to "New Posts", there is "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List".

Fire Cat
07-09-2008, 10:45
This is interesting. I started using Google Chrome today and these two new items show up on the Menu bar, but not when I use Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Alta
07-09-2008, 11:31
I use Firefox and don't see what you describe.

Feretian
07-09-2008, 11:35
I use Firefox and don't see what you describe.
Me too, and me neither.

Fire Cat
07-09-2008, 11:39
I should be more clear. I do not see it in Firefox or IE, only with Google Chrome.

gregory
07-09-2008, 12:40
I use Firefox - and I see it. Not that I have ever USED it, but I guess I COULD... I agree - what does it DO ?.

zannamarie
07-09-2008, 15:58
I am just curious-----are these functions new or have they been there the whole time: at the top, next to "New Posts", there is "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List".I'm not sure on what screen you see this, but when I select a particular forum, at the top I see options to "post a new thread", "watch this forum", and "mark this forum read". I use IE. I've only ever used the "post a new thread" so I'm not sure what the others do.

Edited to add: I just fished around and I have the options you mentioned under the "Quick Links" option in the toolbar when using IE. Perhaps all the options are all there, but different browsers display the code differently so they show up in different places.

Fire Cat
07-09-2008, 22:51
Perhaps all the options are all there, but different browsers display the code differently so they show up in different places.

This makes sense, ZM.

gregory
08-09-2008, 02:45
But what happens if you mark it read ???? I don't wanna try in case it hides something I want !

firefrost
08-09-2008, 03:09
It stops showing new posts - now can someone Techy tell me how to cancel it out...?!?!

firefrost
08-09-2008, 03:15
Ah...new posts are coming in - hmmm...wonder if my clicking cancelled it out, or do they come back anyway...?

gregory
08-09-2008, 03:16
Praise be; I was afraid of that !!! Thank you for doing what I was afraid to !! and for suffering the consequences })

Does it stay that way for ever then ? or just till the next time you log on ?

Oh Solandia, we need you....

firefrost
08-09-2008, 03:20
Mine came back immediately, but I did click on it a few times. We'll have to wait for Solandia to tell us. I've now got about half a dozen in my New Threads, instead of pages of 'em.

gregory
08-09-2008, 03:23
If you search the archives you will find stuff that suggests you aren't out of the woods yet.... :( I closed thd pages now - and I am on even slower dial up than usual here.... but you can search !

Fire Cat
08-09-2008, 04:36
Marking Forums Read only means that the clock starts over from the time you clicked "Mark Forums Read." All new posts made a second after you click it will show up under your "New Posts" search.

firefrost
08-09-2008, 04:54
KK, thank goodness you're right! PHEW!

Greggers - it took me ages to set things up how I like them after my hols. I had quite a few watched threads that I cancelled so my mailbox wouldn't shut down, full.

I tried different ways of finding them - none were quick!