PDA

View Full Version : mercury retrograde, september 24th

paradoxx
09-09-2008, 06:54
An active month of planets returning into direct motion, unexpected assistance comes from out of the woodwork. a constant merging of venus (of all planets), mercury and mars across libra.

Subtle breezes can calm the mind, libra sets it into motion but is not the force of movement behind the wind itself. As the last mercury retrograde of this year, and with december being mostly free of any retrograde (and too many asteroids to be too worried about), we could worry about how this mercury retrograde might get under our skins, or we could prepare for a serious new jullian calander year with a serious Saturn retrograde in Virgo, a sign known for being allienated.

Mercury going retrograde wants us to prepare to repair, put in place what we replace, staying on top of our own lives when we need to see where the authority is coming from. Mercury stationary is a learning curve of sorts, slow down and refine, redefine, and restore order, retrieving and remaking the past only sends darker imagry into our subconciousness.

Speaking of the subconcious, our derams might go awry as of late, and late night activities, business and leisure, might go for a change of venue, back yourself up with what you need yourself to be seen as, not what you are exposed to.

GoddessArtemis
13-09-2008, 07:40
You know...I feel like Mercury has been in retro for 4 months already. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING has been acting up for me and my friends for quite some time now: electronics, communication problems, cars, flight delays, etc.

I'm a little afraid of this Merc. retro coming end of this month... :(

GA

Barbaras Ahajusts
13-09-2008, 07:48
...retrograde wants us to prepare to repair, put in place what we replace,...

Now this I understand. Things are coming from the inside as before the light was coming from the outside. Almost like our teacher has walked out of the room because the lessons have already been taught.

We will learn to toddle first, then as time goes on...walk with confidence. I think this has been felt for some time now.

I need to check out my chart to see what area this is going to effect me, more deeply.

:)Barbara

tarotlyn
13-09-2008, 08:01
You know...I feel like Mercury has been in retro for 4 months already. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING has been acting up for me and my friends for quite some time now: electronics, communication problems, cars, flight delays, etc.

I'm a little afraid of this Merc. retro coming end of this month...

GAMaybe this Mercury retrograde will be the "end" of all the problems
you have had for the past 4 months... the end of them...but going back and
bringing others to the fore!:laugh:

On a more serious note though, I think you could certainly go back and look
for things that you have left undone (of a Libran nature especially) such as:
artwork projects, tarot deck creation :D, finish up dancing or singing lessons,
renewing a friendship with an old Libran friend...(which may not work out at
about 3 months down the road...when Mercury goes retrograde yet again.:bugeyed: )
...just some ideas...

:):heart:tarotlyn

Sophie
16-09-2008, 19:29
You know...I feel like Mercury has been in retro for 4 months already. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING has been acting up for me and my friends for quite some time now: electronics, communication problems, cars, flight delays, etc.Every single travel arrangement I've made this month has fallen through. It's already cost me a bomb. At this moment, I am sitting in Paris airport waiting for a plane that has been delayed by 2 hours. It's my alternative trip to England, after the Eurostar trip yesterday fell through because of the fire in the channel tunnel last week. I was supposed to take a train to Wales at the other end, to go to my yoga course, which starts at 5 PM. I'll miss my train and all the connections - which means I won't get to my course till very late and miss the first few hours, which is supposed to be the time allocated to set up the personal programme with the yogi teaching the course. I'll be lucky if I make it for supper.

I'm getting thoroughly fed up with this. The only thing I am thinking is that it can't get worse after the 24th - except that I daren't actually say that anymore.

I've no idea if it has anything to do with Mercury rx, but this sheer accumulation of travel mishaps this month is very strange. Others have been affected too, of course - and not only for travel (lots of computer and electricity problems).

What a hassle.

balenciaga
18-09-2008, 03:33
Good Luck on your travels - I hope the energy around you improves. Sending good vibes your way...

afrosaxon
18-09-2008, 03:50
Oh Fudu! (((hugs)))

I have felt the effects of Merc retro since around August 24...my rising sign is Gemini (ruled by Mercury), so I tend to feel merc retros a bit sooner than most.

I've had travel delays, speeding tickets :bugeyed:, cancelled/rescheduled apppointments, computer's acting up (I need a new one and hope it won't give up the ghost before this Merc retro period ends in October!(

although...if I buy a RE-furbished one, would that be within merc retro limits. :D). What about a used one (like from Craigslist)? It wouldn't be a new computer, per se...but new to me. The thing is I NEED a computer to do my freelance work; I wouldn't be bothered about it if it weren't a necessity.

*sigh*

T.

paradoxx
20-09-2008, 10:08
Scattered and fragmented thoughts going through my head during this moment of Taurean bulliness, saying things aloud when nothing needs to be said at all. A review of what is really happening around us, and what we need to be doing as our thoughts change over time.

Venus in libra is too much of something to handle right now, especially with Taurus moon connected to it, unable to control the effects around us, aquisitions of personal information may come to mind. Each of us will feel mercury's stationary position, orders may be sent to the wrong receipient, relay technology may lose triangulation, unexpected achievments could come from information dissemenation.

Change of direction is common in Libra, but with a stationary mercury it may be flowing through a cavern/cave/canyon area with no area to turn around, new thoughts will come forth, but old habits won't dissapear easliy.

Wonderwoman
24-09-2008, 03:18
Its interesting how everyone fears the Mercury Retrograde, I however have to say that in most occurrences, Mercury has brought back people from my past (conflict resolutions). Other than that I do get the occassional PC breakdown, emails and text msgs disappearing. Nothing Tragic, Thank Goddess! just my 2 cents.

caridwen
24-09-2008, 03:54
Please forgive for this question but I have recently been warned about Mercury Retrograde.

I was wondering, could its influence involve a bunch of stuff hitting you at once? For example, a secret enemy reveals themselves, your best friend betrays you, your boyfriend reveals he's gay within the space of a few days??

Is that its influence or am I just having a crap week?:P

OOnaOwl
24-09-2008, 05:20
Its interesting how everyone fears the Mercury Retrograde, I however have to say that in most occurrences, Mercury has brought back people from my past (conflict resolutions). Other than that I do get the occassional PC breakdown, emails and text msgs disappearing. Nothing Tragic, Thank Goddess! just my 2 cents.

I agree w/ you Wonderwoman! It is a great time for almost anything that begins with the Re-prefix. Excellent time to tidy up before moving into new pursuits.

GoddessArtemis
24-09-2008, 13:50
Merc rx effects have CLEARLY begun. Facebook is acting like it's possessed. My phone keeps dying on me for NO good reason. Everything was going wrong on my jury duty thingie today....on and on.

Can't WAIT to see how the next 3 weeks transpire. NOT. ;)

GA

caridwen
24-09-2008, 21:50
From what I understand - it's simply matters of communication that this Mercury thing affects?

Phone/Internet/Post etc.

So my recent sojourn into hell has nothing to do with this astrology stuff?

hmmmmm:(

tarotlyn
25-09-2008, 11:06
No...it can affect so many things in your life...it just really depends on
the exact "aspects" it is making to your planets, etc. in your natal chart.

If you have mostly positive aspects...then it won't have as much of a negative affect on your life.

If you have mostly negative aspects...then it can play a lot of havoc with your life.

The areas of your life that it comes through (or affects) are the same areas
as the aspects that are active during the mercury retrograde period, and
mercury would be involved in the aspects (that are + or - )

When aspects (in the following houses) point to or affect certain areas of
your life:
~ Meaning:
If aspects affect the following houses, you can expect either + or - happening in the following areas of your life:

House 1 = Your physical body and your personality (moods, etc)
House 2 = Your finances and your resources (the way you make your money)
House 3 = Your neighbors, siblings, your communications, your computer:eek:
House 4 = Your actual home surrounds, your home life, your mother
House 5 = Your dating, sexual encounters, entertainment media, boyfriend/girlfriend
House 6 = Your health, work surroundings and co-workers, service to others, animals
House 7 = Your husband/wife, judge, the public, open enemies, partnership
House 8 = Your insurance, money from other people, death
House 9 = College or higher education, spirituality, travel, foreigners, foreign travel
House 10 = Your boss or your career, your father, public recognition
House 11 = Your friends, your acquaintances, groups, clubs, associations
House 12 = Your secrets, hidden enemies, institutions such as hospitals, etc.

These are just a few of the meanings for each house...just the simple basic
ones...there are probably are a lot of other ones that I have left out, but
just off the top of my head...:D

You see, mercury retrograde affects each of us differently AND even differently
each different time it goes retrograde (which is about 3 times a year approx.)
and to get an exact idea you would need to know your own chart ahead, or
have someone tell you the exact aspects in your chart during an upcoming
retrograde.

BUT...overall...for everyone at the same time...there are USUALLY some
GENERAL things that can happen to everyone...a general atmosphere of
delays, setbacks, breakups, mistakes, phone and computer, or other
communication problems. etc. My general advise would be to tell a person
"do NOT start anything NEW or do NOT buy anything NEW " during a mercury
retrograde...not signing any important or legal papers :eek:

In my own personal case, I was born with mercury retrograde, so it is a really
wonderful time for me to write, think, etc. BUT not for starting NEW things
such as a new business, new job, nor buying new things...such as tarot decks:eek:!
I mostly have really good aspects in my natal chart so it is not a problem as
it is for a lot of other people. It really depends of your + or - aspects.

I used to teach, but do not do that any more and do not do charts for people
anymore... it is really best if you learn astrology for yourself and there is
plenty of information and free lessons online for doing so...you can learn a lot
even here on AT. I just pop in here and there when I feel like it...I'm having
fun now in my life (after years of teaching, etc.):D

GoddessArtemis
25-09-2008, 15:19
I got this in my email...maybe it'll help those still unclear about this:

Mercury, the planet of communication, goes retrograde -- for the last time this year -- in the sign of Libra on September 24, until it turns direct again on October 15. Mercury typically turns retrograde three times a year, but the effects of each period differ depending on the sign in which it happens.

Mercury rules thinking and perception, processing and disseminating information and all means of communication, commerce, education and transportation. Mercury retrograde periods gives rise to personal misunderstandings, as well as flawed, disrupted, or delayed communications, negotiations and trade glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers, cars, buses and trains.

This retrograde, like any cosmic event, affects each of us differently depending on how it's positioned in our personal birth charts. A Mercury retrograde period may be very prosperous for those who have retrograde Mercury, or a well-aspected Mercury in their birth charts.

While a retrograde period may be an introspective time for all of us, if Libra is prominent in your chart, you will have more than your usual share of introspection. If other Cardinal signs like Aries, Cancer or Capricorn are prominent in your chart, you will also experience a period of intense self-examination.

Mercury retrograde in Libra can disturb mental balance, making you more indecisive than usual. In addition, attempts to maintain objectivity and an unbiased approach are likely to be difficult and can colored with emotion. Jealousy and possessiveness may enter relationships. Sharing ideas, especially those connected with moneymaking and other tangible rewards may present a higher risk. Gossip about public figures may run rampant and should be taken with a grain of salt. All areas of communication, especially matters related to law, partnerships and marriage, may also be affected.

GA

GoddessArtemis
25-09-2008, 15:49
I just looked at my chart after reading tarotlyn's post earlier and realized I have Merc in Aries in the 5th house, and Merc is now rx in Libra (opposite to my Merc). This cannot bode well for me, right? The rest of my chart is in harmony with the sign of Libra...but not my Mercury (although I get along just fine with Librans, and they get my sense of humor). Can someone explain to me how this works?

GA

Sophie
25-09-2008, 20:56
Travel arrangements have continued to change - some of it through my own doing. Travel bookings have been frustrating, especially online, but successful nonetheless. I hadn't realised that having Gemini Rising would mean feeling the effects in advance - I have Gemini Rising. I've been feeling the effects - the good ones too - since the 23 August or even before.

Good effects:

- reconnecting with my beloved after over a year's separation. It's full-on now, and after he came to see me in Europe, I am travelling to Africa at the beginning of next month.

- Reconnecting with a dear friend I've not seen in 5 years and thought I'd lost contact details for. She found my sister's email address a while ago and wrote to her asking after me. I've been staying with her for the past 2 days and it's been lovely.

- lots of profitable introspection.

- tying up loose ends.

All in all, I think the good effects will outlast the bad :)

caridwen
26-09-2008, 07:12
wow! Thanks so much for the information! I understand now and am looking up my chart in order to understand which aspects are being affected:D

Okay:)

If I have this right, I have:

Planet - Mercury
Sign - Leo
Degree - 2122'45
in house 4
Motion - direct

So according to tarotlyns' information that would affect me in:

House 4 = Your actual home surrounds, your home life, your mother

This hasn't been the case though! The problems I have been experiencing have been to do with work colleagues, friendship and love life. So professional and personal relationships:eek:

There's something else here which is confusing, it says:

Major Aspects
Mercury Sextile Venus 104
Mercury Sextile Saturn 519
Mercury Sextile Ascendant 440

Should that effect me at all?

LadyKathryn
26-09-2008, 07:43
I lost my job and I lost the love of my life. She wants a break. I hope that it all settles down and she opens her heart to me again. ugh... and all i feel is sheer panic. I feel like i'm going to be eatten alive by the world.

karen0205
28-09-2008, 10:27
Mercury, the planet of communication, goes retrograde -- for the last time this year -- in the sign of Libra on September 24, until it turns direct again on October 15. Mercury typically turns retrograde three times a year, but the effects of each period differ depending on the sign in which it happens.

This retrograde, like any cosmic event, affects each of us differently depending on how it's positioned in our personal birth charts. A Mercury retrograde period may be very prosperous for those who have retrograde Mercury, or a well-aspected Mercury in their birth charts.

OMG!!!!! I am supposed to sign a contract on a house I'm putting
a bid in on tomrorow! How would I know if Mercury retrograde is good for me
or if I will be one of the people negatively effected by it?

I would have to have my natal chart?

karen0205
28-09-2008, 10:29
I lost my job and I lost the love of my life. She wants a break. I hope that it all settles down and she opens her heart to me again. ugh... and all i feel is sheer panic. I feel like i'm going to be eatten alive by the world.

ohhh, I'm sorry. I hope that all settles down and she is back with you.
That's terrible. Then to lose your job too! that's too much for one person
to have to deal with :(

LadyKathryn
28-09-2008, 11:20
Thank you darling. We shall see. The hanged man keeps popping up in all of my readings. Maybe i need to vacate the apartment for a week or so...give her some real space.

thank you

karen0205
28-09-2008, 11:51
oh, yes, definitely. That always opens the eyes when you leave and
they really get a look at life alone. Very different than you being there
but not together. I've done that before. My heart goes out to you.
That's a hard place to be in when your heart is hurting.

tarotlyn
28-09-2008, 12:14
OMG!!!!! I am supposed to sign a contract on a house I'm putting
a bid in on tomrorow! How would I know if Mercury retrograde is good for me
or if I will be one of the people negatively effected by it?

I would have to have my natal chart?I think that ANY contract
or legal paper should not be signed during a mercury retrograde no matter
how it is aspected in ANYONE'S chart.

You can google mercury retrograde and you will see what other's have to
say about it...there should be a lot of people sharing previous nightmares
regarding signing important papers...for anyone no matter what aspects
are in your chart. It might take a little while to find out that you wish you
wouldn't have signed this, or bought that, or went back with so and so...
and every now and then I tempt and test the retrograde anyway...well I
end up, after time, finding out that mercury retrograde still rules!!!:laugh:
It maybe just that you are dissastified with what you did, or bought, or signed
during the retrograde...it turns out differently than you thought...it is like
there was a veil over your eyes...rose colored glasses...then later...it looks
so much different...

LadyKathryn...I am so sorry to hear about your situation...and I would give
that person some space.

Also cardiwen...
From what you show in your post, you have all good mercury aspects...
you have the sign leo probably on your fourth house...and leo can represent a "boss" ...
there are so many varialbes depending on the signs, the houses and the
aspects...
I think you should find a local person that does charts and go to an "in person"
reading and let them tell you and show you how all of your aspects work.
Then if you want to learn it for yourself you should go for it.

I had left out the signs...sorry...it is a very involved situation...
that is why I just say to not start new things or biz or sign papers
during that time... it is only a wait of approximately 3 weeks...of course
sometimes 3 weeks seems like 3 months!!!

right now I am trying to refrain from buying some tarot decks I really want...
and like I said 3 weeks seems like 3 months!:laugh: ... but everytime I have
bought a deck during a retrograde, I end up not wanting or liking it later!!!:(

:heart:

HearthCricket
29-09-2008, 08:55
Reading through this thread makes me wonder something that has been on my mind for several months now. I was never into astrology and though I have now had my natal chart done and a reading, I am still not super into it. Also, a bunch of people I hang around are very into it and often talking about Mercury Retrograde and how their computers are not working well, or they are having trouble with communicating, language, things going wrong or awry, etc. So, they turn to me and ask me what has happened to me.

And I always have to tell them the truth. Nothing. Absolutely nothing! It seems like when everyone else is having troubles, I am fine. Mercury anything doesn't seem to affect me in the least.

I have to admit (and not trying to start arguments or upset people who faithfully believe in this) that it has made me very skeptical. It seems they are allowing their lives and choices to be decided according to the stars. Now, so does the presidents and royalty for ages on end, so I respect it to some extent. But they seem almost disappointed when I have nothing to report. And that anything that goes wrong in their life is definitely because of Mercury Retrograde, rather than fate itself, playing out. Help!

tarotlyn
29-09-2008, 12:20
...everyone's different... and I, too, normally have great retrograde periods
... but not everyone does. some do and some don't....and you are free to
believe what you want to. I have seen the results of these retrogrades in
other's lives through the years...and I will say that yes it does affect certain
people depending on their chart aspects.

I remember when I lived in Long Beach, CA and I told a friend of mine that it
was not a good time to buy the used car he wanted to. Well, he bought it
anyway. Within 4 months, the brakes went out, the clutch went out, and
other minor things happened like the door handle came off in his hand...etc.

He kept sinking money in for repairs, and one day I was with him on the
freeway...that was when his steerring wheel quit working...and we almost
got killed. I have many other stories I could tell you... but I won't keep boring
everyone.

So, everyone is different...some people have no problems and some do.

:):heart:

HearthCricket
29-09-2008, 12:25
I just seem to get a very nasty look when nothing is going wrong for me! I like your long list of what it covers. (I think it was your post). Things go wrong in my life at all different times. It doesn't matter where Mercury is or isn't! To me it is the typical Wheel of Fortune card, being dealt daily. Sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down! And other times you are spinning around! :D (As you know from my other thread!!!)

tarotlyn
29-09-2008, 14:33
That is weird that others around you are so negative. You would think that
they would be happy that things are going well for you!:bugeyed:

Well anyway, you have friends here...and I am really happy to hear that you
won't be having any of the retrograde complications like a slow or crashed
computer, static on your phone line, miscommunications with friends,
bills that you might overlook...etc. like some people will be experiencing.:eek::bugeyed:

Sophie
29-09-2008, 18:46
...everyone's different... and I, too, normally have great retrograde periods
... but not everyone does. some do and some don't....Same here - it's the first time I can remember such a series of travel miseries, one after the other. Of course, I have been travelling quite a bit more than usual :D. But generally - and this time is no exception - I feel the good effects of it, the reconnecting with past friends, fruitful introspection, etc. I was born during a Merc Rx, so I think I'm a natural at it. If it's all in the mind, that would be a positive side of auto-suggestion ;)

I'm interested at the macro effects of this Retrograde. Seems there is a lot of big stuff happening - one bank after another falling apart, systems frozen leading to chaos, a major travel axis temporarily paralysed (Channel Tunnel) are three I can think about. I'd be interested to know if there were other astrological configuration reinforcing the effect of the Merc Rx to explain such things.

HearthCricket
29-09-2008, 23:16
That is weird that others around you are so negative. You would think that
they would be happy that things are going well for you!:bugeyed:

Yes, me too! Weird things are going on over there, anyhow. Too weird for me.

I just pulled out my Natal Chart. I am a Saggitarius. The Sun (05degrees), Mercury (06 degrees) and the Moon (10 degrees) were all in the House of Sag when I was born. Would this have anything to do with it? :confused:

paradoxx
30-09-2008, 04:23
While our minds are being rewired by mercury's retrograde, Jupiter and Saturn are in a trine to one another, earth signs at that-virgo and Capricorn (you could include asteroid vesta in Taurus for a total trine). A domino effect of financial realities to coicide with financial stress (apparently billions have been made available by the Fed and Euopean foreign allies to help ease the crisis including Switzerland and Canada).

The next month or so will be like driving through the dense fog of swamp land, not only do you need overhead fog lamps, you would need the correct vehicle to achieve the direction, which could be misdirected by nearby magnetic interferance.

Now, what's up with that Uranus, Mercury inconjunct--couldn't be that we are unable t assert oursleves in an intellectual manner that might not be intellegable to the people around us. It'll be gone before October begins.

tarotlyn
02-10-2008, 10:23
Re: Mercury retrograde...

The accident I just had in my home:

On Sept 29th... I slipped and fell on my back with my right foot bent "under
my leg...so "not" bent sideways but my toes and foot were bent back "under"
and towards the heel of my foot. Luckily nothing seems broken because at
the same time I had a LOT of positive planetary aspects operating also.

Here are a few of my own personal aspects I was under:

Mercury Retrograde square my natal Jupiter (my7 chart ruler) (My body)
Mercury Retrograde square my natal Sun (my vitality)

Plus I had the following hard aspects squares at the same time:

9/24/08 to 9/30/08
Transiting Mars in square with natal Sun
The planetary energies conflict; internal and creative tensions bring
rich rewards through effort over time. You feel more aggressive these days
and full of the zest for life. Your will is quite strong. You may also be
more argumentative than usual as a result of this transit, so beware of
getting into quarrels. You have so much sheer energy at your disposal that
you may need to work it off in some form of physical activity, like sports
or weight-lifting, for this brief period of time. This abundant energy of Mars
comes into your conscious awareness, and you are very impatient to get
things done in a hurry, to just get on with it. You also should
be more careful than usual during this period, since there is the possibility of
an accident. There can be great tension during this transit, and also
great progress toward your goalsf you can contain the energy.

9/10/08 to 10/13/08
Transiting Saturn in square with natal Ascendant (1st house - body)
Your physical vitality is also affected[/u], and your attitude to life in general.
Lessons to learn because of [color=yellow]limitations with the physical body.
(I have learned a lot of lessons during this accident and aspect!)

I am posting my accident and showing the aspects in this thread
(responsible for my accident) to document Mercury Retrograde when making
difficult aspects to your natal chart.

DarkElectric
02-10-2008, 11:57
I don't know as much about my chart as I'd like, I'm Scorpio sun with Pisces moon and Aquarius rising, if this is pertinent information~ the mercury retrograde slammed me hard.
On Sept 29, the person I thought was my soul mate and true love threw the subject of our first fight in my face, said he'd "Been thinking about the incident a lot, and that I had mentioned that I have a tendency toward jealousy and possessiveness, so he doesn't see how we'd work out..." and broke up with me. This revelation about the ancient history came out of nowhere.I thought we'd resolved it a long time ago. He is Sun Gemini, moon Scorpio, rising sign unknown.

I am now thoroughly heartbroken. :(

afrosaxon
02-10-2008, 12:00
Please forgive for this question but I have recently been warned about Mercury Retrograde.

I was wondering, could its influence involve a bunch of stuff hitting you at once? For example, a secret enemy reveals themselves, your best friend betrays you, your boyfriend reveals he's gay within the space of a few days??

Is that its influence or am I just having a crap week?:P

No, it's not just you.

In the space of a week:

--a flame told me he's not in love with me
--a longtime editing client fired me
--my current job is a bit up in the air

:D

T.

einhverfr
03-10-2008, 05:45

IMO, the station points (where Mercury stops in the sky) are the crisis points. This tends to mean changes and transitions around this time with a *lot* of pent-up energy that seems to go nowhere. Imagine taking a stringed instrument and tightening up the strings until something breaks. Basically that is a good analogy to what happens.

The way I look at it is: Station to Retrograde: Initial crisis
Retrograde motion: Introversion, seeking solution to crisis
Station to direct: Secondary crisis, may resolve initial crisis

A lot of my interpretation comes from older ideas relating to planets' significance being affected by whether they are moving fast or slow.

tarotlyn
03-10-2008, 06:29
:heart:afrosaxon and cardiwen:heart:...I am so sorry to hear of your
boyfriend/job related problems...:(

tarotlyn
04-10-2008, 03:13
Relationship breakups during Mercury Retrogrades ~ In General:

During Mercury (& Venus) Retrogrades, breakups happen a LOT...
then sometime before or "during" the next retrograde (usually 3 months away)
the persons that wanted to leave sometimes come back or try to come back.
Not all of them do but some do.

The problem with going back "during" a retrograde is that when the next
one comes along...it usually falls apart again. You may find that that the
lover or mate that came back seems now worse than he/she was before!
All the problems seemed exaggerated and that is when you can NOT do this again!!!
...and when the next retrograde hits...you break up once AGAIN!!! This can
go on for a long long Time!

Here is what I think: IF the person you are with is a problem most of them
time (not talking about retorgrades now), well then maybe you are not really
compatibile afterall!!! So all you will EVER do with this person is have a LOT of
disagreements:eek: ...so my question is: WHY would you do that to yourself?
You need to love yourself more...and seek true peace within your life and
make sure the next time, the next lover/mate IS COMPATIBLE with you for REAL.
That is the key to a relationship. "compatibility"... you can use natal charts
and numberology charts to make sure or to get a nice little peek into what
might be ahead for you with a certain person. Don't let your heart take
over, or your LUST take over, "use YOUR HEAD" and think THAT YOU DESERVE BETTER...

BUT IN ORDER TO DO THAT...YOU MUST LOVE YOURSELF FIRST.

If this sounds preachy...it probably it is, as I am an ordained Minister...
and this is what I have found to be true through my many years experience
in counseling couples during and after Mercury Retrograde relationship breakups.

LadyKathryn
04-10-2008, 03:35
What if the person you love, who is unsure, and decides to come back... say that you don't really ever argue. That this sorta came out of the blue at you?
What do you think then?

I'm a taurus...very much inlove with a scorpio. Sooooooo communication is key, but she doesn't like to talk. She has stuff she needs to work out. I'm trying to be strong, but i'm feeling like i'm heading for a nervous breakdown..

ALSO WHEN IS MERC. RET OVER?! I find out today if i got a great job or not.

Thanks

B

tarotlyn
04-10-2008, 05:17
What if the person you love, who is unsure, and decides to come back... say that you don't really ever argue. That this sorta came out of the blue at you?
What do you think then?

I'm a taurus...very much inlove with a scorpio. Sooooooo communication is key, but she doesn't like to talk. She has stuff she needs to work out. I'm trying to be strong, but i'm feeling like i'm heading for a nervous breakdown..

ALSO WHEN IS MERC. RET OVER?! I find out today if i got a great job or not.

Thanks

BMercury Regrograde is over around October 15th.

The following information is ALSO FOR "ANYONE" IN "GENERAL":

I would say that a Scorpio and a Taurus, being in "opposing" signs, can either
attract or repel (oppose) each other. Or sometimes you attract each other
greatly but at other times you oppose each other to no end.

You can never force someone to stay with you...and why would you want to.
You cannot own anyone or their minds. The best thing you could do would be
to let them decide what they want to do. And you need to take a good look
to see what you will allow someone to do to you.
"No one" can abuse or use you, UNLESS YOU let them.

A taurus is a very down to earth and loving, cuddly person...and usually very
stable...
You will need to get your thoughts in order. You have to get your identity back.
If you "give away" yourself to someone and lose your own idenity within them...
then when they leave, what will you have left of yourself?
If you wrap yourself up in someone so much that you can't think or be stable
then it is time to get yourself BACK. What do you want...what do you like...

A relationship should be equal and it should be compatible. There should be
MORE positives than negatives. That means MORE positive natal chart aspects
than negative aspects. So that when any negative aspects are active that
the positive aspects can kick it and help you get through these periods.

However, there are certain negative aspects between two people than can
be too negative and sometimes too dangerous for two people to be together.
You would have to have a "compability chart" done between both of you to
find out just what aspects you have together and what type of relationship
these aspects would likely bring to both of you.

More info on the retrograde here:

http://www.lipstickmystic.com/astro/breakup-break-up-mercury-retrograde.html

http://www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html

LadyKathryn
06-10-2008, 09:35
Ugh...so it's offically over.

but i did a reading...asking if Hope would come back to me. I got the World.

happy conculsion.... meaning yes she will

then i asked when..i pulled the 5 of pents....astrologically speaking it corrolates with April 21st -30th... My birthday week. yay

but well it's just hard.. I am trying to move on... i'm just missing all of the little things. her birthday is comming up on the 28th... my sexy little scorpio.

the holidays...she made them so special to share with her...even if she hates them.

New Years eve kiss. Our anniversary in december.... valentines day.

ugh this sucks

AND STILL NO WORD on if i got that amazing job.

I'm sooooooooooo anxious to find out.

blah

phoenixblu
06-10-2008, 10:17
oh this explains a looot..... cancelled appointments, breaking a cell phone... hmph... when does it end?

Starshower
06-10-2008, 10:33
Poor LadyKathryn! I've been in that horrid place you are (possibly still am) and am sending you healing, hope and Love.

I'm new to astrology & only just starting to learn about it - all the maths & trigonometry scared me off!
Reading this thread, I'm amazed. These things can't be 'self-fulfilling prophecies', since I didn't know about them till just now, but during the last fortnight:
1) My laptop got v sick & had to be patched up w extra brain.
2) My mobile phone went weird & started mixing up messages!
3) My phone bill and credit card bill are inexplicably astronomical!
4) My daughter won't talk normally to me without huffing & puffing, taking offence & yelling (she's just returned from Europe, after having ALL her worldly good stolen.)
5) An elderly relative was taken ill & misdiagnosed in the hospital as having had a stroke - he had not! (He is ok now though.)

I'd better stop listing woes before I fall on my sword!
Could any of these problems REALLY be anything to do with the path of the winged messenger?!

LadyKathryn
06-10-2008, 10:56
it does depend on where merc was in your natal chart... is how merc retrograde hits you

but usually things technical get screwed up....and communication is screwd up as well.

i usually hold my breath and hang on for dear life when merc goes retrograde....for me...it's usualy equal to the freaking TOWER card

and i think i'm going through some kind of return or something... oy...

i'm at the bottom of the wheel of fortune right now...i CAN NOT WAIT for the upswing!

so anyway... your daughter is probably embarrassed about having everything stolen from her, and feels ashamed and is affraid of your oppinion. It will blow over if you just show her love and tell her it can happen to anyone.
EVEN if she was being stupid

then when time has passed, talk to her about it... and then you can give her your oppinion...but right now i think she needs you to be comforting and understanding.

good luck
:)

Milfoil
06-10-2008, 21:55
Well, I've never put much store by astrology because whenever I look at my natal chart as listed on online sites, it bears no resemblance to me at any time in my life! However. Lately for about the last 2-3 weeks and still ongoing, I've felt completely cut off from things, isolated, lacking the connection to my spirit 'team', a bit lost etc and I have to wonder if its connected with this mercury retrograde.

Mercury/Hermes is important to me for several reasons so perhaps there is a connection.

I read somewhere (forgive my complete lack of knowledge about all things astrological) that the Mercury retrograde was over by the 15th??? Is that true?

GreenMoonBeam
06-10-2008, 22:14
I read somewhere (forgive my complete lack of knowledge about all things astrological) that the Mercury retrograde was over by the 15th??? Is that true?

Indeed. Tarotlyn explains this somewhere. That to me is the only good thing
about this Mercury retrograde, it ends on 15th October. But there is another one in three months. Sighs :bugeyed:

LadyKathryn
07-10-2008, 00:06
Merc Retrograde is over by October 15th

as for your natal chart. Could be inacurate if you don't know your offical birth time.

But to get it to feel connected to you right now..right this moment.. you'd need to see a progressed chart. It basically takes your natal chart and fastforwards to today. Then it is better at explaining current cirucumstances.

One of my closest friends is an Astrologer...and believe me...she knows crazy stuff about ppl. She can see their natural tendiencies.

Milfoil
07-10-2008, 02:05
Ok, so reading a little more about this, even if its a time of irritation, slow down, standstill or confusion, we can use this to our advantage instead of railling against it. We can deliberately go back over things, slow ourselves down to see clearer etc.

Is that it or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

afrosaxon
07-10-2008, 02:25
Ok, so reading a little more about this, even if its a time of irritation, slow down, standstill or confusion, we can use this to our advantage instead of railling against it. We can deliberately go back over things, slow ourselves down to see clearer etc.

Is that it or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Nope, you've pretty much got it down pat, Millie. :D

It's like anything else in life: you can get rattled when things go haywire, or you can calm down and roll with the punches.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. :cool:

T.

einhverfr
07-10-2008, 03:48
it does depend on where merc was in your natal chart... is how merc retrograde hits you

but usually things technical get screwed up....and communication is screwd up as well.

I think we have more control over how we are affected than that. Rather than the stars impelling us, I think that they manifest in ways which sometimes we either need or want, or where we are not unified in this area, are uncontrolled.

One option might be to look for a place where Mercury rules and a crisis is necessary and channel that energy in that direction.....

Wonderwoman
07-10-2008, 04:02
Okay, so the more I examine the effects of Mercury, the more it directly correlates with the communication factor. Just from reviewing the past three weeks of the stock market tumbles, financial institution crumbles and buy-outs and of course the incessant media coverage..It was a Mercury lashing on the financial districts. By Mercury being Retro I think it taught Wall street that the good times of The Fat Cats were over and it was Back to Frugality. Reversal of fortunes for many a fat cat. It would be a Great Day when these professionals on that field paid a little more attention to astrology.

tarotlyn
07-10-2008, 05:41
:)I agree that YOU can and should control exactly HOW you will react to a
Mercury retrograde situation (or to "any" positive/adverse aspect in your chart)

So, I think you could say the THE KEY is: being in control of "HOW" you react...

That in itself can help change a negative experience into a more positive one.

Each Mercury retrograde (approximately every 3 months) will act "differently"
within your chart (within your life) EACH TIME because Mercury is constantly
moving through your natal chart houses. AND as it does, it sets off some of
your aspects and influences that were "promised" from your birth.

If you know your natal chart and it's aspects, as well as the aspects that are
set off by each Mercury retrograde, then you can pretty much figure out what
could affect your life during that retrograde.

BUT...if you DO NOT know your natal chart's aspects and the aspects that
Mercury is making during it's retrograde through your chart map, then here
is what I think would be good to follow:

Treat EACH Mercury retrograde as a "general caution" regarding starting new
projects, buying new major purchases, signing important or legal papers.
Be prepared IF your lines of communication go haywire a little. Also be aware
that people change their minds about things and people. I just keep a very
low profile during a retrograde and do NOT implement any new projects NOR
buy new things and definitely do NOT sign any important papers. I try to use
the time (approximately 3 weeks) to FINISH old projects that were never finished.

Note: Even if you totally understand Astrology and have studied it in detail for many years:
I don't think it is a good idea to FOCUS too much on any "negative transiting aspects"
you see coming up in your chart...I DON'T think you should live your life ONLY
by an Astrology book or ephemeris! You could use this knowledge to make
yourself "aware" and then be able to "lessen" your negative aspects
(somethimes even "avert" them), and "strengthen" your positives effects.

I think you should watch all your negative aspects coming up and understand
the possibilities of each, but I think you should "NOT focus" on them "too much"
and thereby bring in even "more negative" results...

...as I said, it is "HOW you react" to an aspect that is the "key."

Watching your aspects (both positive and negative) CAN "help" guide you and
"help" you grow through your experiences while you are here on earth...
BUT it is not the only way to run or live your life. You should NOT be afraid to live.

P.S. keep in mind: It only lasts about 3 weeks...and "this too shall pass!":)

Hephasteus
07-10-2008, 06:06
Mercury is a dual sign. Bailout didn't pass when it was direct so mercury favored it passing 2nd time. Now it's gotta get overturned. We're not through with wall street fat cats yet.

star-lover
07-10-2008, 08:04
this is the only mercury rx that has got to me quite bad - maybe because it squared my natal saturn
it has been in libra, my sun sign, but also mercury is ruler of my chart, being a virgo rising
i also had a libra new moon right on my sun the other week

the going back is not always comfortable but necessary even just for practical reasons like realising you have no idea how to set the washing machine for best effect, forgot how to hang pictures on the wall and hammering a nail in or two is not that difficult especially if your man has done all that stuff for ages

i have learnt a few things, also learnt how back i am, how big the world is, how its always moving on, how ive wasted so much time, but slowly slowly its all ok

if you do your best or near enough it works out - but even take off days is ok too
i feel like ive been deaf for years sometimes, but thats ok too

:love:

mercury rx also in my experience reminds you of all the great stuff you have done in the past !

tarotforfun your post was great - i agree with it - ive been a life long almost believer in astrology - it shouldnt control your life but its certainly a guide if you learn to read it right

that tiny tiny thing you do for yourself and others today all goes to help when youre feeling down/weak

until you find your inner tiger and let it loose and do your thing again
:love:

Nevada
07-10-2008, 08:49
Even if you totally understand Astrology and have studied it in detail for many years:
I don't think it is a good idea to FOCUS too much on any "negative transiting aspects"
you see coming up in your chart...I DON'T think you should live your life ONLY
by an Astrology book or ephemeris! You could use this knowledge to make
yourself "aware" and then be able to "lessen" your negative aspects
(somethimes even "avert" them), and "strengthen" your positives effects.Your post makes lots of sense to me, and I agree. My interest in astrology is many years long, but I'm not a professional, so I keep it in perspective with the rest of my life. I do find it valuable. There are certain transits/aspects that I know usually affect me in certain ways, so I try to keep track of them. Also, if things just aren't going right for a while, I've found it helpful to take a look at what's going on with the planets against my chart. I usually find the answer there, and even some ideas about what to do about it.

But I don't think about astrology every day, and I don't let it control me -- I simply use my knowledge of it (which is limited, but slowly growing) to help me work around or understand situations that come up.

It's a good tool, not a religion.

I find Mercury retrograde important to a point, because I'm an air sign and because communication is so important to me. But it's not as if I let my life stand still while it's happening. I keep going, with a little more awareness.

Nevada

Hephasteus
07-10-2008, 09:57
this is the only mercury rx that has got to me quite bad - maybe because it squared my natal saturn
it has been in libra, my sun sign, but also mercury is ruler of my chart, being a virgo rising
i also had a libra new moon right on my sun the other week

This rx is in libra and last one was in gemini I think. I know they are all air signs this year. aquarius was first one of year. I found the 2nd one to be the worst. I usually go to my neptune and spend most of the RX's fixing peoples miscomunications because my neptune knows what people are trying to say. Did that a TON the first one this year. But it was all confused on the 2nd one. This one I'm clear and sharp as a tack even though everything is so confused and sharp as a tack doesn't mean much in such a atmosphere.

Sophie
07-10-2008, 19:34
Indeed. Tarotlyn explains this somewhere. That to me is the only good thing
about this Mercury retrograde, it ends on 15th October. The end of the retrograde will be followed by a period of Mercury going stationary direct (roughly 2 weeks, by what I can see). That means it travels back over ground already covered twice (once when mercury was direct, then when it was retrograde, and now again - it is direct, but "stationary" because it is covering old ground). So things can still feel at a standstill in your life, or even as though you are doing the same thing over and over (which you are, of course!), but no longer like they are going backwards. The opportunity is there to give a different response this time round and stabilise anything that was damaged by the Merc Rx. It is a frustrating time if you want to get ahead and beyond a difficult situation, or simply effect a change or get going on a project. Mercury stationary direct is also a time when introspection seems to go round in circles, and so you are better off drawing the conclusions from the introspection of the retrograde period than attempting to deepen the introspection for the time being.

How mercury retrogrades and their subsequent stationary direct periods affect us during any one episode is personal, though - depending on which area of our charts this particular retrograde hits - which house it sits in for that time, and which planets or angles it aspects. I also believe it makes a difference if you were born during a mercury retrograde, because such periods are "natural" for those with merc rx in their birth charts. At least, that has been my experience. Generally, I suffer very little from merc rx. This time, I've had a lot of travel frustrations, (they have been resolved, but they cost me time and money). I have also been revisiting - actually, through reconnecting with some people, or in my own mind - very old situations and moments in my life, 15 years or more. Some of it has been happy, and some, rather unsettling. And now I am in a place where I had some difficult moments last year with a man I love deeply: the situation has changed entirely (that predates the Merc Rx - we have been back together for over 2 months now, and he came to visit me first in Europe, before the retrograde), and so I felt safe coming back here: now is a happy time for us, and the place feels happy too.

Milfoil
07-10-2008, 19:45
Generally, I suffer very little from merc rx. This time, I've had a lot of travel frustrations, (they have been resolved, but they cost me time and money).

Ditto. I've never noticed such a distinct affect before but then I didn't really know much about it either!

I have found that even though I can see through this differently now, I have learned a lot from allowing a slow down, recognising the effects, going with the flow but more importantly NOT giving up and knowing that somehow, it is necessary on many levels and will not last for ever.

Its also interesting to link times such as these where an outside influence has a broad effect over many of us, rather than just on a personal level, to 'taboo' times or periods of rest/inaction etc in different cultures.

Sometimes it just isn't right to plough ahead with plans, however, we mustn't give up on them or ourselves.

Sorry if that is garbled (blame Mercury RX!) ;)

star-lover
08-10-2008, 06:08
does it matter how far back you backtrack with mercury retrograde in your thoughts?

suppose it doesn't matter really but was wondering if just to the last one or anything really which you need to redo/rethink

Hephasteus
09-10-2008, 05:07
Okay, so the more I examine the effects of Mercury, the more it directly correlates with the communication factor. Just from reviewing the past three weeks of the stock market tumbles, financial institution crumbles and buy-outs and of course the incessant media coverage..It was a Mercury lashing on the financial districts. By Mercury being Retro I think it taught Wall street that the good times of The Fat Cats were over and it was Back to Frugality. Reversal of fortunes for many a fat cat. It would be a Great Day when these professionals on that field paid a little more attention to astrology.

Mercury is literally your conciousness, your thoughts. If you ignore alot of your archetypal selves and put them in background and focus your thoughts on archetypal sun then that is mercury. It's always 28 degrees from your sun when you're born. So it's either same sign as sun or sign before or after. Mars and venus can wonder around a bit more with enough leeway to bring another sign either way into picture but mercury is very tightly coupled to your sun and ego expression and male action principles.

Sophie
09-10-2008, 18:00
Mercury is literally your conciousness, your thoughts. If you ignore alot of your archetypal selves and put them in background and focus your thoughts on archetypal sun then that is mercury. It's always 28 degrees from your sun when you're born. So it's either same sign as sun or sign before or after. Mars and venus can wonder around a bit more with enough leeway to bring another sign either way into picture but mercury is very tightly coupled to your sun and ego expression and male action principles.You mean within 28 degrees of your sun, I think. My natal sun and mercury are conjunct (they are one degree away from each other). Mercury was retrograde when I was born.

I like your description of mercury as your consciousness. I see how my sun and mercury tend to work together. The retrograde has given me a strong introspective streak.

paradoxx
12-10-2008, 08:17
Evenly spread out through Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Capricorn; Saturn, mercury the Sun, mars and venus, and finalizing with Jupiter, a march of planets moves us through (well hopefully) through a cold autumn. realizations abound, and the aspects of the sun (and mercury once direct again) square jupiter (mercury at a different degree) and inconjunct uranus. Independent thought is stiffled and (wait, didn't I cover this before ░checking░, yes yes I did (http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1629201&postcount=31). It's a constant reality for now, It's a nice trine to Neptune though, with proper meditation techniques dreams of importance might be more accessable than usual.

REtrograde after effects:

Automitive issues: stay alert and keep your lives on key, speaking of keys, ignitions and starters may have problems.
Home life: financial issues, weird messages, live wire electricity, natural gas, general consumtion of heating needs, readjustment to a different area, a different time floating in our minds, all about "home"
Halloween/All Saints day; in 2003 an extra hour was added to the 31st of October via US Daylight Savings & Standards, this year an extra hour of Mexico's All Saints Day will be implemented with US Daylight Savings & Standards on November 2nd. Just a reminder of what happens when Halloweens spectral attachments dissapate for a more serious activity.

star-lover
22-12-2008, 07:21
i read on another forum that mercury is going to go retro again around 21 capricorn late december, if anyone wants to start a new thread or post on this with tips/insights please do

i know i don't want a rerun of the last one :D

lionesss
22-12-2008, 08:50
Actually Mercury goes Rx on January 11, 2009 to Feb 1, I believe..

star-lover
22-12-2008, 09:28
sorry lioness my mistake

entering pre shadow stage on 26/12 at 21 capricorn

yes 10 january at 7 aquarius retrogrades

then goes direct on feb 1st at 21 capricorn

GreenMoonBeam
23-12-2008, 14:13
Then I shall be in a cave for this one, thank you very much. :bugeyed:
Not impressed with the last one.

lionesss
24-12-2008, 07:16
I'm with you there, and yes the last one was AWFUL!

FoolToThink
24-12-2008, 11:55
I kinda enjoyed the last one haha. But I have Mercury Rx natally, so, I dunno.

This one goes stationary direct on my Venus, yaaaaaaaaaaay. Should be interesting, at least. But I wouldn't mind some interesting-ness...things have been boring lately.

lionesss
24-12-2008, 13:49
If you have Mercury rx in your natal chart, Mercury rx definitely does work in your favor... my brother has Mercury rx in his natal chart and he is far more expressive and is able to get what he needs during these times.

karen0205
24-12-2008, 14:19
sorry, duplicate post