your thoughts

palin

Hi,

A few months ago I did a reading (a few actually) on a friend of mine who wanted to know if she was indeed going to get married with her new guy.
They have not been in a relationship for that long but both became serious about each other pretty quickly.

At the time all readings were extremely positive. The world would often come up, the chariot, the Hierophant (which I thought wa a great omen for mariage.

She got back to me last week as their relationship was hitting a bad patch. The guy was chickening out, unclear about what he felt for her.

Cards were looking awry by then. I got the Fool, the Moon, the devil for their long term future...I thought that mariage was out of the window (I didnt say that to her though)

However, they now have sorted their issues and are back together. Cards are happy again.

I am really puzzled now about the reliability of cards predictions. I have started to rather ask about current events, insight on situations and tend to avoid questions about future events.

Have you experienced something similar? What are your thoughts?

re-pete-a

With the cards mentioned it would indicate that there's confusions all round and the devil can mean that the flesh/passions are ruling . Keep going with the cards though, you'll be able to sail through this rough patch. It will pass.

Grizabella

It just looks to me like the second set of cards was just reflecting the stages the relationship were going through. I don't see how the cards were wrong at all.

I wouldn't limit yourself just to current events. Go ahead and keep practicing reading for the future as well because if you ever go pro, predictions for the future will be a lot of your requests and you'll want to be comfortable doing those.

Sulis

I don't think the cards were wrong either. Situations change constantly and that is what was shown in the cards.. There is no absolute future, we create our own futures all the time with our thoughts, words and deeds.

You say that in the first set of cards that The Chariot came up a lot... The Chariot says to me that there will be bumps in the road and problems to overcome but they can be overcome with focus and willpower.

A relationship isn't something that suddenly ends with a 'happy ever after', relationships are organic, they grow and change, wax and wane...

Grizabella

Sulis is right about there being no "happily ever after". There may be a "comfortably matched ever after" but there will always be ups and downs to face.

I'd like to punch the person who perpetuated the "happily ever after" myth. :p He or she has caused a lot of divorces of people who fell for it and went in search of the myth when their relationship hit a rough spot or the honeymoon was over, as it usually is.

HearthCricket

I agree with the above statements. It sounds like the cards were accurate and simply reflecting the fluctuations that come with any relationship. If you ask any question now and do a reading, 1 minute later that reading is going to change, because things are constantly changing and evolving. This is when you realize 1 reading on a subject is enough, and then you let life play things out, instead of constantly consulting the cards!

MoonGypsy

Very wise words, dear HC!:heart:

HearthCricket said:
I agree with the above statements. It sounds like the cards were accurate and simply reflecting the fluctuations that come with any relationship. If you ask any question now and do a reading, 1 minute later that reading is going to change, because things are constantly changing and evolving. This is when you realize 1 reading on a subject is enough, and then you let life play things out, instead of constantly consulting the cards!

SunChariot

palin said:
Hi,

A few months ago I did a reading (a few actually) on a friend of mine who wanted to know if she was indeed going to get married with her new guy.
They have not been in a relationship for that long but both became serious about each other pretty quickly.

At the time all readings were extremely positive. The world would often come up, the chariot, the Hierophant (which I thought wa a great omen for mariage.

She got back to me last week as their relationship was hitting a bad patch. The guy was chickening out, unclear about what he felt for her.

Cards were looking awry by then. I got the Fool, the Moon, the devil for their long term future...I thought that mariage was out of the window (I didnt say that to her though)

However, they now have sorted their issues and are back together. Cards are happy again.

I am really puzzled now about the reliability of cards predictions. I have started to rather ask about current events, insight on situations and tend to avoid questions about future events.

Have you experienced something similar? What are your thoughts?

Depends on how you interpret the cards for one thing. To me the Fool is being willing to a chance on something new, taking a leap of faith, The Moon is always about romance to me (full moon=romantic...) and The Devil card to me is usually about tempation and often a strong physical attraction. All of that still can point to marraige to me. But then again what I see may not be what someone else sees as we all read differently.

That being said, the future is also changable. Often we change it just by telling someone what that future is. It may cause them to act and react differently and that changes the future. The cards do not predict an absolute future just the one the querent is heading towards at the time of your reading. It is equally possible that something was wrong when you did the second reading, but whatever it was you told your friend made her act differently and that set things back on track.

My advice is not to avoid future event readings, but to use the cards not just to predict the future, but to create what you want in your future. That is the kind of future readings I prefer anyway. Like if there was something I really hoped to happen and wanted in my future like a job (or even a marriage to a loved one). I would start by asking if it were possible. Then I would ask what steps I could take that would be most likely to encourate it to happen in the future and then what steps I should avoid as they would discourage it from happening in the future. Then the follow the right ones and avoid the wrong ones and that ought to increase your chances of what you want happening greatly. And of course you can check in periodically and see what effect your efforts are having. That is for me how I love to use future readings. ...to see how actions I take now will affect my future and then to use the knowledge to create my best future.

Babs

stpcarly

You know in some circles, the Devil can also mean marriage. it is a bonding or chaining to another. It really would depend upon how you interpret it yourself. But I agree withthe others, relationships ebb and flow differently with each phase.

214red

i agree with the above statements!
i think sometimes we also phrase the question wrongly or not clearly. if we want to know the outome of the relationship thats going to throw up different cards then whats happening now, or in the next month etc.

if they end up in marriage, then that could be years down the line...inbetween you have the breakups, the problems etc