Why does my Lunatic tarot smell like a hedgehog?

jeseryn

Any recs on getting rid of this really gross smell? Was considering spraying them with perfume but that might be a little too potent.

LadyKathryn

smells like hedgehog

I didn't realize anyone knew what a hedgehog smelled like. LOL

But why not put them near an open window for a day or two...let them naturally air out. :)

jeseryn

Normally that might work but it's been raining a lot here in New England. I'm afraid of the moisture. I could try soaking a cotton ball with perfume and putting them in a baggie or something I suppose..

firemaiden

Yeah-- so tell us, jeseryn, how do you know what a hedgehog smells like, exactly?

GreenMoonBeam

firemaiden said:
Yeah-- so tell us, jeseryn, how do you know what a hedgehog smells like, exactly?

Pongy, earthy, musky....nose wrinkling! You make a face whenever you smell
a hedgehog. :bugeyed:

jeseryn

I read a lot of Beatrix Potter!

GreenMoonBeam is right though :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Fabric softener

A little bit on a cotton ball or even a downy sheet. Put it in a zip lock and leave it for a couple of days.

It will smell like a freshly washed hedged hog...ROTFLMAO! :laugh:
That was so asking for it! ;)

:DBarbara

GreenMoonBeam

jeseryn said:
I read a lot of Beatrix Potter!

GreenMoonBeam is right though :)

So do I. And living in the UK and New Zealand, I know these critters.:bugeyed:

thorhammer

For a serious answer . . .

this is not an easily-fixed problem. When i get a stinky deck, I leave it on a surface for a few days or even a fortnight, all spread out and move the cardsd around when I think of it. After that, it's into a takeaway container with a cupful or so of bicarb soda, and shake the crappers out of it a few times a day. Leave it there for a week (in a warm spot helps), then change out the bicarb. Repeat as necessary. When it's almost gone, put one final batch of bicarb in, but this time mix some of your perfume or essential oil into it if you wish. Be frugal, though, you don't want to stink that puppy up again! Leave it for a week or so, then store it in a bag, not its box, with some incense or herbs. I'd avoid the cotton wool/perfume technique, as it's very easy to rub colours off decks with solvents like perfume or essential oil.

I hope that's slightly clearer than mud?

Good luck!

\m/ Kat

Cenz

Before you consider to 'perfume' them, maybe it's better to air them first to get rid that hedgehog.
It'll be worse if the perfume smell is mixed with the stinky hedgehog smell(ugh!think of body odour mixed with lots of perfume!bleh!).
This is how i do it :
I find a velvet cloth, sprayed the perfume smell i want on it, and let the perfume sink in for seconds.
Next, what i do is wipe my cards with it.
The cloth can be used to wrapped the deck before you put it in the box/bag for extra protection, not to mention it smell nice too ;)
Try not to spray too much perfume on the cloth, once or twice evenly to the surface is sufficient, you wouldn't want the scent to be too strong.

Hope this helps :D