Blackpool Gypsy

Ange

Blackpool Fortune Teller

At a van meet that I went to a couple of weeks ago, one of my friends looked quite worried and wasn't herself.

I eventually got it out of her that she had been walking along Blackpool sea front, and a Fortune Teller had singled her out from the crowds, grabbed her arm, and said that she urgently needed to talk to her.

My friend got away and said she wasn't interested thank you.....and it was then that the Fortune Teller called after my friend who by then was walking away, that she had to talk to her cos she wasn't going to live very long, she was about to die!!!

Well, my friend has Fyrbomyalgia like me,and one thing you do need is sleep....and lots of it to help keep the pain away. And because of this she hadn't been able to sleep for days. She was in a right state.

I had my cards with me....one of the oracle decks.....and I did a reading for her....then to try to convince her and make her feel better I asked all sorts of questions about her health, about her getting run over, poisionings, shootings, you name it I asked....and there was nothing at all.

I was getting the same sort of thing over and over.....the same answers that I have had with other readings I have done for her, which I won't put on here cos they were personal to her.

So now she can sleep at night, cos I am the one she trusts, and she trusts what I say....but what if I hadn't gone to that meet and seen the state she was in? What if she didn't feel she could tell anyone? She would be nearly dead by now through worry!!!

But I am furious. It shouldn't be allowed, and if she could remember which one it was, then for two pins I'd go up to Blackpool and see the council etc and get her banned from working....:(

What do you all think of this sort of behaviour from supposed fortune tellers? Does it make you as mad as it has made me?

Ang x

franniee

I think you SHOULD take a walk down there. Put a sad or tired face on and see which cockroach pops out of the woodwork on you! AND then I would get her name and address and complain!

They are an awful lot! We have them here as well.... I have run into a bunch of them and every now and then you get a report on TV about some poor person being taken for a large sum! They sell fear and darkness and that is reprehensible!

I would also tell your friend and whomever you know that these people are parasites and the real readers read like you and I do. This woman sees a piece of meet and wants to be paid! Teach her to smile at them and deflect their energy lke a mirror!

Dancing Bear

Weve got one here too!!
absolute scum , preying on peoples emotions..
The amount of stories I have heard of this one person in particular , i could almost write a book..
I was doing a Pendulum Party the other night.. and a woman there came up to me later on in the night and started telling me her story.. she was petrified to go to another fortune teller, ever!!
What he had said had an impact on her and her partner so much so it nearly caused a split..
I am glad to say nearly and not did..
I hope i put her mind to rest..

Yes I wish i could do something about this person too, but here in OZ , not much can be done.. unless loads of money is involved :(
unfortunately..

I bet your friend will avoid going near that area for a while..
Poor thing!! she must have been petrified..

Love and Light to you and your friend

DB xx

Blackbird

Its awful, I live in Blackpool, and there are quite a few gypsy folk here, and yes they are walking up and down the sea front all the time,and the council do nothing! The town has already got a bad name without things like this happening, plus its not good for us readers in the town, we get looked on like these gypsies!!!

Ange

I have two friends that live in Blackpool, Alijay, and a third that works in a cafe on the sea front....:)

I've altered the title on this thread a little, and called it 'fortune tellers.......cos the post has been removed from another forum and I can only assume it is cos I used the term Gypsy....

Anyway, the ones I know from Blackpool tell me that there have been occasions when the council have 'cleaned up' the town, and tried to ensure that folks don't get bothered ......but it seems from what my freind went through, and by what Alijay says that it is still going on....

Ang x

Grizabella

You should probably be careful that you don't get the baby thrown out with the bath water. You could end up with getting all fortunetelling banned, not just the ones who are bad for the business. It's very hard to monitor just exactly who is ethical and who isn't and the council might just figure it's more trouble than it's worth to try so they might choose to ban it altogether.

Ange

Apparently, the last time the council went round, it was just the ones on the street...not in the booths....that they were concerned with. My friend Chris says it is locals getting accosted now too.....so it's not just the visitors it's happening to.

I'm only concerned that someday someone might be told they are going to die....and being told that will make them either really ill, or it will push them over the edge.

It's hard to know what to do isn't it.....but if the locals are being affected, then maybe they will sort it out.
Ang x

starrystarrynight

Ange said:
So now she can sleep at night, cos I am the one she trusts, and she trusts what I say....but what if I hadn't gone to that meet and seen the state she was in? What if she didn't feel she could tell anyone? She would be nearly dead by now through worry!!!
There was your higher purpose at work. No such thing as coincidences, I'd say.

What do you all think of this sort of behaviour from supposed fortune tellers? Does it make you as mad as it has made me?
It makes me furious! Not only in the "fortune-telling" realm, but in any walk of life where someone takes advantage of another who may be "lesser" in some way at the time (younger, more naive, less intelligent, etc.) Just furious.

Ange

Yes I suppose that is my concern too Starrystarrynight...it is taking advantage of those who may be weaker and can't take it....

Ang x