How Do You React When Someone You Know Thinks That the Tarot is Bad?

catz

Some of the people I work with think that my penchant for using the tarot is bad - that the cards are evil or bad somehow. I tell them that they are, for me, a conduit from my subconsciousness to my hand. Would be surious to learn how other peole deal with this situation. Thanks

phoenixblu

catz said:
Some of the people I work with think that my penchant for using the tarot is bad - that the cards are evil or bad somehow. I tell them that they are, for me, a conduit from my subconsciousness to my hand. Would be surious to learn how other peole deal with this situation. Thanks

personally i dont.... i dont talk about reading tarot and everyone is can have their own opinion... :)

i suppose i know the workmates dont agree with it but i dont talk about it ....

catz

Well, I Don't Talk ABout Tarot Per Say But.....

I do occasionally post about a deck or so on my blog once in awhile and that's when they ask about it.

EmpressRenee

catz said:

You like to read tarot and that is what is most important - tarot is not bad or evil or part of the 'dark side' - the cards are tools for divination or guidance or for advice or to shed light on a situation etc. But certainly the cards in themselves are unable to do 'bad & evil things'.

So put on a brave smile and read your cards as usual !

Kind regards

EmpressRenee

willowfox

Tarot cards are neither good nor evil, they are just lifeless pieces of paper.

It is humans that can be either good or evil.

Abrac

I just smile and say, "Yeah I know, I use them to communicate my master Satan."

Rosanne

How about dazzle them with.....
"I decided I needed a Life Coach- so I asked around and found the best one"

As an aside catz, have they explained why they think Tarot is bad?
~Rosanne

Debra

Guy in an antique shop last week told me he wouldn't touch a tarot card. Wouldn't have anything to do with witchcraft.

This came up because he had asked whether I was offended that his booth included some Nazi memorabilia. This came up because I overheard him say to another customer, in talking about the upcoming US election, that his father knew a Jewish man and...so I stopped to listen and introduced myself as hey I'm a Jew so hope you don't mind if I listen in. Figure he maybe had never met one.

So later he asked my opinion on his gazillion dollars worth of Nazi stuff. We had a sincere discussion of motives, money, etc. yadda yadda.

I asked him if he'd carry anti-Christ material.

He trashed tarot.

So much for that shop.

Rosanne

Weird Debra. Very Weird.
You see this goes to my other comments about the what people think about Tarot.
Here in New Zealand- it is never about witchcraft - it is about the con man or con woman. It seems that people see Tarot as a con game- fostered by people lacking scruples. Our history been in the main Celtic and Polynesian- fairy folk, spirits, psychics and the like hold no fear. Been conned shows you are stupid.
Much of our political views are because of this. So if someone I worked with said Tarot was bad/evil it is because they think you or them a patsy to a con.

How could you have a sincere conversation with that man? Or were you been ironic?
~Rosanne

Logiatrix

Re: "How Do You React When Someone You Know Thinks That the Tarot is Bad?"

catz said:
This has happened to me a few times; once with a (formerly) close friend, and the others were co-workers. Each time, I remained silent and chose instead to pray for them. No kidding. I prayed, not for the individuals to embrace my view of tarot, but simply for the conflict to be resolved.

Indeed, one co-worker was fired for a non-related issue, and the other simply dropped the subject. The once-close friend made her own decision to step out of my life. That situation was a tad different, because she had also given me an ultimatum - either I choose her friendship or my wicked, evil path. I didn't verbally answer, but rather I just continued with my cards, which she took as my answer. Honestly, it was a relief, because she was so verbally abusive to me.

As I write this, I realize how I have changed so much; there is no way I would put up with a 'friend' like that now. I also realize what a good friend the tarot has been; for one thing, it has ever forced my hand with an ultimatum.:love: