Do You Pull Cards From Your Head?

Logiatrix

Unfortunately, I can't have my deck with me everywhere I go, although I would love that. Then I recalled a great idea I read about here somewhere, regarding doing a reading in your head.:lightbulb

I tried it today at a doctor appointment. My nurse was super-stressed. We get along very well, and I can usually make her laugh when I'm there. She was still friendly to me, but I could feel her tension. So, I asked her what was wrong, and then she told me what was going on there in the office (a lot of the staff had been replaced). And then, while I was there, they "let her go" from her job at her church - by way of a phone call, no less. I wished that I could pull a few cards for her, but all I could do was listen. Still, I felt powerless to help without my deck.:(

I remembered someone here saying he did readings in his head sometimes ("The Crowned One"? My apologies if that's wrong...). He said he would mentally pull cards, and read what came up randomly in his head. So I tried it. What came up was the card called "Silence" from the Osho Zen deck, which was kind of odd, because I hadn't had that deck out for quite a while. I didn't recall what card that correlated to in a standard tarot, so I just went by the image and told my nurse, "you need to stop and breathe." So she sat down next to me and did just that.:)

It was a cool thing to discover...I've got a deck in my head!:D

The crowned one

Yes I do. I posted about this a while ago. It is amazing the cards you draw when asked by others to read but you are without a deck. I am real pleased this works for you. I find it a very effective way of demonstration our ..skill for lack of a better word.

EDIT: your title " Do You Pull Cards From Your Head? " caught my attenion...I thought Wow, someone else does this! LOL ;)

Isarma

uau

uau, I haven´t thought of that before!!! I usually have a miniature deck in my purse, but sometimes in a emergency is difficult to find a place to make a reading, and that idea was very very cool!!! I'll try it for sure lol

Acacia

You know, I've done this too. It's quite an act to be unattached to the card that comes up, I mean to really pull something randomly out of a head full of cards and card knowledge.

Logiatrix

The crowned one said:
EDIT: your title " Do You Pull Cards From Your Head? " caught my attenion...I thought Wow, someone else does this! LOL ;)
LOL! My apologies for getting your hopes up! Alas, it was just your idea, being borrowed by me. Very cool, though, and I thank you for it.:love:

I am curious about what deck(s) comes up for you. Is there anything to that, when a certain deck comes to mind? I can't figure out why a card from the Osho Zen Tarot came to my mind, when I haven't worked with that deck for more than two years now. Perhaps I need to bring it out again.*shrug* Whatever the case, it was apparently the message needed.:)

The crowned one

I use the Rider/Waite/Smith , Cary-Yale and Marseilles almost exclusively. But as far as a "deck" goes I do not so much get a image on minors but a number and suite. Majors are Waite/Smith.

Your sub-conscious, without a doubt drew that deck for your conscious mind. Now you need only figure out why ;)

HellzBelle

I often do this, so much so that I think it's just become second nature, it's done without thought. Which is unlike making a deliberate conscious action of putting a deck in my bag, I do when I'm asked to read and have to travel to the querant, otherwise not.
In conversation and just normal day to day interactions and events, I find myself now and then making an association with a particular card. It might be prompted by someone sharing with me their situation/concern , it might be something the boss says to me or some issue in my department....whatever the cause, it gives me a moment to hear and consider more clearly what is being asked or to see more clearly what is happening and the opportunity to gather wits and/or thoughts to respond appropriately, with thought, opinion or action.
Sometimes it might be just one card that represents the issue at hand, at other times I might also end up with Courts that represent the characters involved and Majors and/or Minors to define issues/aspects of events.
I've found it advantageous at times when someone wants you to give them advice, you(I) don't want to get that involved, but by 'looking/seeing' the cards in my head I can give a neutral insight that gives consideration to both sides.
It's the associations I have through my own study that shuffles and draws the deck in my head rather than the images I'm familiar with of any particular deck.

Logiatrix

Reba said:
...It's the associations I have through my own study that shuffles and draws the deck in my head rather than the images I'm familiar with of any particular deck.
Yes, that makes total sense! That would explain the deck and the card that came up today....:thumbsup:

Altogether great insights, Reba, thank you!:heart:

Eddie

All the time!!

Sometimes, when I am in a certain situation, a card springs to mind that describes that very situation, and then quietly, in my head, I do a reading.
I love it when this happens.

Nightgarden

When I lay in my bed late in the evening, sometimes I fantasize about doing a reading.
See me shuffling the cards, talk with my client, drew the cards...
And explain the meanings.
Are we nuts?
Doing apparent readings? ;)