PDA

View Full Version : private messages

Feretian
10-10-2008, 02:40
When I am writing a private message, sometimes I accidentally hit the "submit" or "return" keys, and the sign drops down saying "Request read receipt?"...now I can't get rid of the sign without sending the unfinished message or shutting down the program.

Any suggestions? Besides "don't hit those keys"? :D

Hooked on TdM
10-10-2008, 04:52
Hit the back button on your browser! :)

Hooked

Feretian
10-10-2008, 06:41
It won't let me. That's why it's stuck. It won't respond to anything but send or shutdown.

Hooked on TdM
10-10-2008, 06:57
Oh well, now that is truly crappy!

Hopefully someone comes along with a better idea then! :)

Hooked

Templar Girl
10-10-2008, 07:25
I have exactly the same problem, driving me crazy and I am sure those receiving my pm's.

Feretian
10-10-2008, 07:29
So that's why you keep sending me six copies of everything!:joke:

Templar Girl
10-10-2008, 07:41
Oops!, sworry :)

Emily
10-10-2008, 18:11
I've not tried this but will it let you cut and paste? If you do have to shut down the programme and its a fairly big PM that you don't want to have to write over again. Put it into a word document and keep it there until you write your PM again.

This doesn't solve with the original problem but at least you won't be having to write PM's over again. :)

What about turning your internet off, then cancelling the PM, then back clicking your browser and copy and pasting from there?

I've just tried that and I think it works - the message isn't sent but its still there in the browser to cut and paste back into the PM. You could always try it with a couple of friends and let them know what you are doing. I hate rewriting PM's or emails or even longs posts on here over again so I do a lot of copy and pasting. :)

Feretian
08-11-2008, 10:38
Well, guess what?

If you get the drop-down message and hit "send", another dropdown shoots in to say "you made a mistake, now fix it."

That's the gist of it, anyway.

Next question...where's the "stoopid" emoticon?

GreenMoonBeam
08-11-2008, 11:11
:bugeyed: works for me.

Grizabella
08-11-2008, 14:08
I just deal with it.

Besides, I've found that it's handy to have receipts. However, I wish I didn't have to click the darned button every time. It would be nice if we could choose to use the read receipt feature across the board in our preference settings, not having to click the button every time , if that makes sense.

Feretian
08-11-2008, 22:56
:bugeyed: