opal

devangana

hi everyone i just want your opinion regarding opals...its really one of my favorites...yet, some informations says it is unlucky. what can you truly say about opal?

eastarot

Opal resonates with some people and with some people it doesnt. I have a friend who loves them sooo much she collects them all the time. And I know of another woman who gave away her opal ring after she had an accident while wearing it.
If it feels right to you, wear it. I have a blue australian opal ring I wear occassionaly, its beautiful but its neutral with me - nothing good/bad

My teeny 2 bits:)

Haunted Wood

I don't think that any stone or gem can be lucky or unlucky, it's just a stone afterall. I think opals are quite pretty, and a unique stone to wear as I don't see many people with opal rings or other opal jewellery. Plus they come in so many varying colours and each one is unique.

memries

I have a blue opal ring Australian too. It is beautiful you can almost see a picture in it with the coloring.

I have had the most comments about that ring. The depth of the beautiful blue. How could anything so beautiful not be good ?

I feel good, love it and enjoy it when I wear it. I used to wear it every day.
Not to wash dishes or anything though. Now I am having trouble with my fingers. It only started when I did not wear my rings.. odd huh ?

I could easily buy every opal I see if that were possible. I thought it had quite a lot of strength in it and peace and for me always awe.

It is not my birth stone but who makes that up anyway ? I do not care.

The crowned one

devangana said:
hi everyone i just want your opinion regarding opals...its really one of my favorites...yet, some informations says it is unlucky. what can you truly say about opal?

They are a unique and beautiful stone. I can stare into a good quality opal endlessly. The play of light and colour is amazing. The only stone with the same amount of depth would be a ruby for me.

Alta

I also love opals and have a very luminous opal ring. Nothing unlucky at all about it.

devangana

thank you

thanks everyone for a very encouraging comment. opal is unique indeed and i seldom see them in our local store thats why when i got the chance i purchase whatever is available from the stocks. i got a niece who wanted a white stone so i was thinking of white opal yet i was quite skeptical when i read across somewhere of being unlucky...it was known to be one from history. thats why i asked your experties and different views of the stone. i am glad to get positive response from your personal experiences. once again thank you and more power!

Chronata

Opals are absolutely gorgeous. One of my all time favorite stones. Especially Boulder opals!

I remember reading all that stuff about it being unlucky too.
I also remember reading (though I can't just now remember where...) that the rumors of it being an unlucky stone were started by diamond merchants at the turn of the century...which was when Opals (and moonstones) were so popular that the sale of opals was vastly outnumbering the sale of diamonds!

I can't imagine that ANY natural stone could be unlucky at all.

devangana

thanks for the information chronata, its nice to know that opal became very famous and even still sought after all these time. not everyone though know what its properties truly possess. so intriguing....so mystical. just as long as your intentions are pure and good..i think nothing can go wrong with opal.

memries

This looked really lovely for anyone who lives nearby. Hope I can put it on here. I have no commercial affiliations.

http://www.opalsociety.org