I got to meet Joanna Powell Colbert!

afrosaxon

Tonight, Joanna Powell Colbert (creator of the Gaian Tarot) was the guest speaker at my tarot meetup group.

:party:

Joanna talked about her deck (which is available as majors-only right now) and her creative process. We also got to see pictures of the minors she's completed to date (she is almost done with them!).

She also had a few decks available for sale, as well as limited-edition prints of the majors. You can see them on her website www.gaiantarot.com

Joanna was a gracious speaker and really connected with the audience. And she actually remembered me from a phone reading she did (and from seeing me mouth off here on AT :laugh:).

It was a good night. :cool:

T.

Alta

Okay, I am impressed! I have her majors-only deck which I relate to very very well and occasionally read her blog and have been keeping up with the minors.

I love her work, it just shines with understanding and it would be a great experience to hear her speak about it.

Glad you had the chance!

Alta

lavendercloud

Lucky! That sounds awesome. I can't wait for the minors to be finished so that I can buy the full deck :D

BodhiSeed

What a wonderful experience afrosaxon! Her deck is one I have been anticipating for a long time. Does anyone know if she will find a publisher for the full deck or if she will self-publish it?

joanna-gaian

Hi there ~ I'm not a frequent visitor here but I do drop by now and then. afrosaxon, it was great to meet you in person. I love having a face and "whole energy" to put with the voice on the phone and the words on the screen.

Alta and lavendercloud, thanks so much. I hope I'll get to meet you both one of these days.

bodhran, I have proposals out to several publishers and I don't know yet if I'll be self-publishing or not. Thanks for asking.

Grip Dellabonte

Her deck is one I have been anticipating for a long time.

Me, too!

A beautiful deck that for me is on my perennial wishlist.

BTB...nice to see you, joanna-gaian. :)

BodhiSeed

joanna-gaian said:
bodhran, I have proposals out to several publishers and I don't know yet if I'll be self-publishing or not. Thanks for asking.
I would think every publishing company out there would by falling over themselves wanting to be the lucky publisher of this gorgeous deck!