when you draw the cards...

BrightEye

...or just before, sometimes a particular card pops into your head, seemingly out of the blue, just before you draw that very card. Synchronicity, I guess. Happens to many of us often.

But what about you sitting there, shuffling asking your question, and thinking that x is the card that really should come up because you feel or are convinced -and there is nothing out of the blue about this - that is the answer to the question. Bingo, you draw the selfsame the card. But why? Because you want to or because it really is the answer?

I don't know whether I'm making sense, but one is like manslaughter and the other like premeditated murder. Which one is the true answer?

Ravenswing

There are situations where you're really not sure of the 'answer'. And there are situations that you're positive of the 'right' answer.

I don't believe that I have any 'control' over what card comes up. That's for God/fate/chance/Goddess/et al to decide. I'm a channel. Or I try to stay open enough. No matter what my thoughts on the matter are.

Strictly my viewpoint

fly well
raven

starrystarrynight

Well, maybe it's this way:

The cards are only tools to bring forth your own intuition or instinct about the question, right? But it's your instinct or intuition that is what is really fueling the reading...so, maybe you don't even need the cards, as they are merely "helpers" anyway. Maybe you already know the answer, thus you already know what card is about to show up.

This happens to me VERY often. A lot of times, I don't even need to draw the cards because I can give a pretty insightful reading without them. But very often, the cards I expect to appear in a reading do show up once I draw the cards.

So, maybe it's just a case of your intuition preceding your actions or something like that.(?)

BrightEye

starrystarrynight said:

The cards are only tools to bring forth your own intuition or instinct about the question, right? But it's your instinct or intuition that is what is really fueling the reading...so, maybe you don't even need the cards, as they are merely "helpers" anyway. Maybe you already know the answer, thus you already know what card is about to show up.

This happens to me VERY often. A lot of times, I don't even need to draw the cards because I can give a pretty insightful reading without them. But very often, the cards I expect to appear in a reading do show up once I draw the cards.

So, maybe it's just a case of your intuition preceding your actions or something like that.(?)
I think what you mean is more like my first option, and I would agree with your there:
BrightEye said:
sometimes a particular card pops into your head, seemingly out of the blue, just before you draw that very card. Synchronicity, I guess. Happens to many of us often.

My second option is more premeditated/conscious, not what I would call intuitive. Or maybe - it only works very occasionally - it is a conclusion arrived at by intuition some time ago and is now part of my conscious thought.

SunChariot

BrightEye said:
...or just before, sometimes a particular card pops into your head, seemingly out of the blue, just before you draw that very card. Synchronicity, I guess. Happens to many of us often.

But what about you sitting there, shuffling asking your question, and thinking that x is the card that really should come up because you feel or are convinced -and there is nothing out of the blue about this - that is the answer to the question. Bingo, you draw the selfsame the card. But why? Because you want to or because it really is the answer?

I don't know whether I'm making sense, but one is like manslaughter and the other like premeditated murder. Which one is the true answer?

First I don't believe in synchronicity. To me in the first case when you see a card in your mind and that is the one that comes up, that is your intuition at work (or at play). Unconsciously, you had a "phychic flash" and saw the image of the next card to come up in your mind. We are all most intuitive than we usually expect, having grown up in a society that tries to teach us not to be. Like when you have your back to the door in a room and someone in your family walks in. You just know "feel inside" who it is before your turn to look...

As for the second case, in my experience, the right card always comes up, wanting to see a card does not draw it to you. If you ask the question sincerely the right card is going to come up to answer you. Now there could be a number of reasons why you could be thinking that X card is the perfect card for the answer and then it comes up.

For one thing, you might just be right. You knew the answer before asking the question (although in that case why even ask). You knew which card would best answer the question and you were right. The universe (or wherever you think the answers come from) agreed with you that it was the best answer and so, as always the best possible answer came up.

Or perhaps you had another psychic flash and sensed teh right answer before it came up.

As for if you are worried that you are only getting the asnwer you want. That is a different issue. Imho, you need to be impartial to do a reading, so it is best not to try to read when you really prefer one outcome over another. Not because it influences the cards, but it will likely interfere with you your interpret the answers.

Babs

SunChariot

starrystarrynight said:

How true and how wise! BTW, I was told this very same thing in a reading, recently by my faeries in the Faeries' Oracle. That the magic that comes through in readings when the right answer magically appears, that magic IS in me not in the cards. And I have access to it with or without the cards. Whatever it is that is finding the truth when I look at the cards, I have that within me even without them, they just channel it in a specific way but I have that power in me at all times. And I could just talk to my faeries without the cards and get the same kind of insights.

So back to the original questions, perhaps you are just tapping into the source of those insights at those times before you pick up the cards.

Babs

Alpha-Omega

This happens to me alot. I know that certain cards will come up in a spread. Its not that rare I think. When you use your deck for a long time you get synced with it and the intuition takes over.